Old 01-06-2012   #1
RedRevolution
Newbie Member

RedRevolution is on a distinguished roadRedRevolution is on a distinguished roadRedRevolution is on a distinguished road
HELP

Hello people.

I'm new to all of this PC gaming as I only use to play Xbox LIVE and modding is a problem there as you are aware. Strict boundaries by the XboxLive team and I risk being banned if I obtain a JTAG. So I thought I should try out the PC version of GTA IV. I haven't actually played it yet as my computer is not compatible it is about 8MB out of RAM and the graphics card is rubbish so I have to buy a new computer.

I have 2 questions which would be a big help if you could answer.
So Question 1 is: I have a folder in a folder called "GTAIV" and this contains "asiloader1020b" and also "GTAIVscripthook" I believe this is compulsory enabling the mods to work is this true? I also have the "LCPDFR" set up and this has many files with it after I set it up. Do these mods for GTA IV actually work if it is in a basic folder on your desktop or do you have to move the mods into a proper file? My next question is: If I put a mod onto GTA IV can I take it off easily by deleting the file?

Technically 3 Questions sorry. And thanks if you answer all three. - J
Old 01-06-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
The files u mention ("asiloader1020b" and "GTAIVscripthook) are indeed modding files to enable certain types of mods.. but I wouldn't use those since they are usually called different (so I wouldnt trust these files) asiloader is normally called dsound.dll and gtaivscripthook is normally just called scripthook.

To install mods in gta u need a program called SparkIV (or OpenIV) this opens up the files in your gta 4 folder and lets u replace weapons or vehicles for instance. Some mods u can install by overwrighting the original files. There is one 'problem' though with Gta IV modding .. u have to backup your files because mods overwright files.. not add files (mostely).

So no .. u can't simply delete the files to delete the mod (exept for scriptmods). Oh and don't worry about modding online.. when u have as much as 1 mod (or more) installed u play on seperate servers with people that also have mods, although servers are often empty I must say.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012   #3
RedRevolution
Newbie Member

RedRevolution is on a distinguished roadRedRevolution is on a distinguished roadRedRevolution is on a distinguished road
Arrow Sorry4Late Reply... Thanks for Post...

Oh I just realized you replied. Thanks for the information you have provided. That is very useful. There is one more thing that I would like to have an answer to. As you are aware there is a mod called "LCPD:FR" which is on a separate website and focuses everything on that single 'police' subject. Going back to the mods on this website you have the "Police Pursuit" mod. I have compared both and I decided I would go with the "LCPD:FR" mod instead. Hence the reason I'm getting a new computer. My question was can you combine the "LCPD:FR" mod with mods from this website or would this cause corruption of any kind between the two?

Thanks again. BIG HELP.
Old 01-09-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Just read the readme that comes with it .. if it conflicts with other mods it's usually put in the readme. From what I understand it's some kind of police mod? I would suggest not installing other police cars but other then that there should be no problem with weaponmods etc. You learn these things by trail and error .. if you have the mod u named installed and u see another cool mod, just backup the files u are about to replace and place them back when u notice that there's a conflict between the mods. Make sure you don't replace files of the mod with other files.

I have several script mods installed.. alot of weaponskins , weaponsounds and playerskins/clothing and I've got no problems at all so just try some stuff out and see what happens (backup your entire game before installing any mods.. that way u can prevent having to reinstall the game if some mod crashes your game)
Old 01-09-2012   #5
RedRevolution
Newbie Member

Thumbs up Thanks...

Ah okay good to know. And yes it's a good police mod from what I've seen and heard. Here's the link: http://www.lcpdfr.com/

So yeah that's fair to understand but on the LCPD:FR some people somehow manage to change the decals on the police cars for example change it from 'LCPD' changed to 'NYPD'. On the other hand some people prefer the British vehicles so they download them. I will go with the flow... What I'm aiming for is to make Liberty City look more like NEW YORK and realistic this means having real buses, advertisements, NYPD instead of LCPD etc. I do not see any point in downloading the World Trade Center mod because there is no point in living in the past is there you want to be realistic so make it realistic. (No offence) it's a good mod but it's my opinion...

Anyways thanks for the help.
Old 01-10-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Sure no problem .. though keep in mind that vehicle mods will most likely cause the taxi bug (which means 9 out of 10 vehicles that spawn will be taxis)
Old 01-11-2012   #7
RedRevolution
Newbie Member

Arrow Solution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
cause the taxi bug
Am I right in saying that there is a fix for the
'taxi bug' ? There is a Solution?
Old 01-11-2012   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Well taxibug is kind of a wierd thing .. there are various of taxibug 'fixes' some work for some people, I'd say try it out without first.. if you got the bug then try out some fixes (like trafficload or trafficcontrol) and if those also dont work for you.. just dont install custom cars (that's my suggestion.. do with it what u like)
Old 01-12-2012   #9
RedRevolution
Newbie Member

Talking END

Okay then I'll keep that in mind... Thanks for the Help.

_________________________CASE CLOSED___________________________________