Old 01-06-2012   #1
N0OS3
Newbie Member

N0OS3 is on a distinguished roadN0OS3 is on a distinguished roadN0OS3 is on a distinguished road
New to GTAgaming.com

So i had no idea that you could even do modding and things like this until i started seeing The Sims 3 modding done by one of my friends, looks pretty legit. I've been spending the last 5 hours or so on YouTube, Here (GTAgaming), GTA4-mods, and everywhere else looking at all the cool things these guys have done.

I play GTAIV on xbox 360 (still haven't gotten 100% or all the achievements yet) and definitely going to get it for PC here in a little while (probably in a few hours or so lol).

So, from your guys' experience and what YOU have downloaded, what are the [baby] steps i should take in what to download to get the ball rolling on making my GTA an even better experience. I see myself donating $$$ to these designers hard at work with these thinks, i'm a very appreciative person.
Maybe if i start getting the hang of things and how they work, i could see myself making mods myself. At my new job, i find myself getting a lot of spare time doing nothing.

So... any advise/input?

i'm running off a laptop with Intel Core2 Duo 2.26GHz x2 64-bit OS 4GB ram... am i good to run this game at full capacity or should i change any settings and not run anything in the background (like Firefox for instance)?

I'm in the military so i can't carry a desktop around with me everywhere or else i'd get one. Though, i bought this laptop with gaming in mind so it came practically naked from programs.

Last edited by N0OS3; 01-06-2012 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
N0OS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
There's a special modding section for these kind of questions (probably why u haven't got an answer in 4days) but doesn't matter..

A mod you definitly should start with is a graphics mod .. I personally prefer http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenha...phic-mod-f9503 it runs best on patch 1.0.4.0 but I have patch 1.0.7.0 and it works fine on that one too

What u should begin doing is making a copy of your entire gta 4 game (backing up your files) because mods replace (original) files .. so to uninstall mods u need a backup of your original files.

Graphics mods are just replacing a couple of files.. but for most texture mods (guns, clothing etc) u need a special program .. just google "SparkIV' or 'OpenIV' both programs are fine. I would suggest looking around on that website (gta4-mods.com) if you come across any problems just say so and I'll try to help you (you can also PM me).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote