Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories 0 0%
Grand Theft Auto IV 17 18.28%
Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned 2 2.15%
Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony 3 3.23%
Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2011   #1
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Best Opening Theme

The Opening Theme, the song that sums up the feeling of the story it accompanies, in this thread, vote for what you think is the Best Opening Theme.
Quote:
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned
- Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars
Grand Theft Auto III

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Grand Theft Auto IV

Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned

Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony

Grand Theft Auto: China Town Wars

This thread is a part of the GTAGaming Poll Event.

Last edited by Ash_735; 11-19-2011 at 12:15 PM..
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011   #2
gtaperson

gtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the rough
GTAIII. That song just fits so well with the game.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #3
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/embed/akxS8KZsDWY

I cant figure out the youtube tag
Pale2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll do that for you, for the people who want a quick refresher, check the edited first post.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011   #5
Big Fella
--DanK--

Big Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enough
I like 3 the best out of the ones to choose from. But nothing beats GTA 1 when you first start up the game. That song Joyride will always be the greatest GTA song.

Visit my youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DanK3670
Big Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011   #6
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
All are great, but in my opinion nothing matches Vice City. It was just so perfect. The animations, the sound...running the computer program via DOS with "Video Killed the Radio Star" playing in the background...it just felt so perfect. Vice City has the best presentation and style of any game ever created. Impeccably done on all fronts...

...that said, R* is the master of this in all of their games. I was listening to the GTAIII opening theme while typing up this response and couldn't help but think "damn, this is so good too" haha.

I think GTA IV is a solid #2 here. Great opening theme.

Last edited by tmac9wr; 11-20-2011 at 04:55 PM..
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011   #7
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Was a pretty hard one, was stuck between Vice and III, but I just had to go with Vice. Great vibes, great vibes...

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #8
malkolm440
Newbie Member

malkolm440 is on a distinguished roadmalkolm440 is on a distinguished road
VICE CITY hands down! its still my favorite gta (to date) the theme itself capture the 80s really well. kudos to rockstar.

but the TLAD theme is always something you can mosh to!

ROCK ON!!!
malkolm440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011   #9
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
The GTA IV theme is my favorite, the 3D games set in Liberty City not counting the dlc, have the best intro themes imo.
Old 11-26-2011   #10
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
All the themes are good in my opinion, but this one is really going to come down to personal opinion. The Lost and Damned theme is good because it really fits in with the tough-ass attitude of the game and its characters. Liberty City Stories' theme is good because it fits with the whole Italian mobsters theme and Vice City Stories' theme is also great because of its glam rock style which easily fits with the 80's atmosphere.

I chose Liberty City Stories, though for the reason mentioned above.
Old 12-01-2011   #11
dirtbag101
Newbie Member

dirtbag101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Vice City,its a classic
dirtbag101 is offline   Reply With Quote