Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2011   #136
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse
No annoying needy friends, I really wasn't a big fan of in-game friends simply because they're always calling at the wrong times. It would be nice to disable them, rather than putting the phone on sleep mode.

Street racing needs to be back, with vehicle modifications.

Bike physics, I can't say that I was a massive fan with the bike physics in GTA IV, TLAD and TBoGT... They seem too sluggish and floaty.

Vehicle suspension, way too much body roll. Needs to be reduced.
+10000000, bring back the bike physics of San Andreas

* Less sluggish cars
* Better drifting, like Driver San Francisco
* Little pop-in, mostly for flying at low altitude
* Make hand to hand combat less clumsy, I always have to resort to just shooting the person because Niko just pushes the guy
* First person camera option on foot, this should eliminate indoor camera issues
* Character more fluidly jumps obstacles, instead of running into a wall, coming to a stop, jumping and NOT grabbing the ledge several times, before finally being shot or punched down before scaling the thing
* Fix the baseball bat, its completely useless, not only does it use a different button, it rarely makes contact with anything
* Get rid ot tapping X to run, its a waste of a button, and who walks anywhere in GTA? At least make it possible to switch between the two by selecting running shoes for example
* Get rid of the "hold a button to aim" thing, also a waste of a button, just have a permanent reticule in the middle of the screen
* Aimable gun turrets on helicopters

Cheats:
* able to change gravity, friction, other physics things
* able to change ammo type (like how PC people can shoot molotov cocktails or missiles out of an AK)
* Damage multiplier (as you can see, I am a console gamer)

Last edited by matt__jon; 11-08-2011 at 07:07 PM..
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #137
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt__jon View Post
* Get rid of the "hold a button to aim" thing, also a waste of a button, just have a permanent reticule in the middle of the screen
erm, no thanks, i prefer it the way it is, i don't want a little dot on my screen all the time.
Old 11-08-2011   #138
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
* First person camera option on foot, this should eliminate indoor camera issues
...What? That's a terrible idea.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #139
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
I did say option, mind you. Select button anyone?

What sucks now is when the character turns, but you are still looking behind him. Third person camera would still be there for those who enjoy a clunky camera that won't look the direction you want it to when you need it the most. I still like 3rd person while not in a gunfight, and besides, driving has a first person option, what gives?

* Make grenades/molotovs a secondary fire button

Cheat Codes:
* Blow up upon death - this will hopefully kill your attackers
* Unfinished Business - Upon dying, you will essentially be a ghost, and you can take over passers-by and exact revenge on your enemies (whoever you take over will "inherit" all your weapons)

Last edited by matt__jon; 11-09-2011 at 06:48 AM..
Old 11-09-2011   #140
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
What sucks now is when the character turns, but you are still looking behind him. Third person camera would still be there for those who enjoy a clunky camera that won't look the direction you want it to when you need it the most. I still like 3rd person while not in a gunfight, and besides, driving has a first person option, what gives?
If the third-person camera was locked on the whatever direction the character is facing, it would whip around too fast and just get annoying.

Quote:
* Make grenades/molotovs a secondary fire button
How would he do that if he is already holding a weapon? I could only see the Knife as secondary fire option.

Quote:
* Unfinished Business - Upon dying, you will essentially be a ghost, and you can take over passers-by and exact revenge on your enemies (whoever you take over will "inherit" all your weapons)
When you die, it's GAME OVER. Why would you want to change that?
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #141
Cartman28279
Newbie Member

Cartman28279 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys I just wanted share a List of idea's I have came up with for Grand Theft Auto V which include general idea's about the game and things they should bring back:

Lets start, shall we?

General Idea's:

*Improved Natural Motion's Euphoria and R.A.G.E. Ex. Better car damage, more advanced ragdoll's, bullet damage, even better physics, and anything else that falls into that category.

*When you walk into people you can push them around like in GTA IV. Just saying that because in RDR when you walk into people they could be 2 feet away from you and you can push then without even touchung them.

*More realistic when you get shot, like bullet holes in your body and more blood. Similar to RDR how you injure somebody or you getting injured.

*Better A.I. Sneak around more and hide behind objects without people being able to see you.

*That brings me to better A.I for cops. Cops shouldn't always know where you are when your around. For instance, if you kill all the cops around you then hide somewhere while still in the Wanted zone they always know where you are. And you should be able to lose cops pretty well if they're chasing you and you hide behind objects or just hide in general.

*Hiding in shadow's from enemies, and peds?

*Wind feature? Wind can knock over small objetcs when the weather is windy.

*Tornados, EarthQuakes, Tsunamis?

*Better cheat codes like all the previous GTA's besides IV. Ex. Flying cars, ped riot, slow motion, chaos mode(Gta SA), and etc.

*More activites in Single player. Ex. Hiking, Weight lifting(?), Mountain Climbing(?), Marathons, Parachuting, Races, (including planes), drinking, mini games, dancing, working (Like going to an actual job like working in an office, plumber, gas station etc.

*Actual gun stores like AmmuNation. Rather than going to an illegal underground dealer to buy guns like in IV.

*Weapon customization? Im hoping for this after seeing there was a silencer on an AK-47 in the trailer. Also being able to save your custom weapons.

*Improved climbing system. Ex. Jump from ledge to ledge, climbing poles, scaling buildings and mountains, and etc.

*Being able to do normal actions such as sitting down on a bench, using an umbrella, reading a newspaper, and etc.

*Riding in buses?

*Cheat where you can press a button to make you make your self fall. Ex. Drunk, Simple Ragdoll, Roll in a ball, Normal fall, and a ragdoll where it looks like your on fire. This idea was from the Ragdoll Mod HippieCommunist made for GTA IV.(My favorite mod!)

*Cheat were you can press a button to grab on and hang from vehicles, or even objects?

*Animals?

*Mythalogical creatures?

*Swimming like in SA. Ex. Diving under water, etc.

*Oh yeah..... Executions like in RDR and SA. Ex. Sneaking behind people and sliting their throat, choking someone out, etc.

*More weapons. Ex. Melee weapons, Pistol's, Assault Rifle's, etc.

*Bodies/Vehicles dont dissapear and objects take longer to. Maybe a section in options to turn this on or off?

*Dragging bodies. Ex. Say you kill someone and you dont want the cops to get you so you hide the body. But say you didn't hide the body and about 30 minutes later(or however long it takes) after you killed someone you get cops on you because the bodies wont dissapear.

*Different crosshairs to choose from in options. Ex. Like a Counter Strike type of crosshair and other different crosshairs.

*Your character can be fat, skinny muscular, by the way you choose to eat and take care of your self.

*Cheat Code that change's your running style.

*Also maybe hunting could be in the game if there are animals.

*Ability to buy your own cars. Other than stealing them.

*Ability to buy your own house's.

*Snow for a weather feature!!!

*Being able to shot while running or sprinting but its harder to aim since you are running. Ex. Its kinda like blindfire shooting from cover but you can do this while running. But I think it would add some awesome fast pased gameplay if you get good at it.

*Instead of spawning immediatly outside of a police station when you get arrested, you spawn in a prison cell and say you kill someone and get arrested, you have to wait 5 minutes in the cell, but the more crimes you commit, the more time it adds to your sentence. And when you get out you can get your belogings by going up to an officer at a desk and if you were busted in a car, the car is ready to go in the police garage. Also it would be cool if somtimes there was a way to break out and you could hide in the wilderness or some place safe untill they're finished looking for you.

*Dual wielding weapons? Ex. Dual pistol's, smg's, etc.

Vehicles:

*Better traction. Ex. Better traction offroad, like cllimbing hills with dirtbikes and etc.

*Drift cars?

*Cars can run out of gas and you can take them to a gas station and choose to go in and pay for the gas, use a credit card at the pump or run away with it then get the fuzz after you?

*Definatly we need bikes back. Ex. BMX, Mountain bike, Trial Bike(?), 2 seated bike, and etc. Also they should have bunny hopping on the bikes like in SA.

*Vehicle customization like in SA, but it should be improved more by adding things like changing the cars suspension, height off the ground, some tires have more traction than others when you change the wheels(Street, Offroad.), advanced color system for cars (Spray painting and etc.), being able to save your cars after customizing them, and etc.

*Wind can effect your driving?

*And I hope bumping is possible. (Stunting.)

*A lot more unique vehicles or miscillaneous vehicles, and more vehicles in general.

*Dashboard view's in a vehicle. Ex.Then there could be: 1st 3rd person view, 2nd third person view, 3rd 3rd person view, Hood view, *Dashboard view*, Cinematic view.

*Somthing you can check in options to show your overall playing time. Ex. Because somtimes it doesn't show your actual playing time, since you could play it 10 hours straight and then not save, and it doesn't show the 10 hours you just put on the next time you play. So it could track your overall playing time even if you dont save and offline or online it also tracks it.

Zombie's.... Zombie mode?

*This go perfect with GTA, considering all the buildings you could hide in and it would be creepy if you were up in the Forest's fighting Zombie's. But I wouldn't want them to make it like they did in RDR. Because there were only about 12 different zombies together at a time like a mile apart each. Imagine if there were hundreds of zombie's spread across the map and you could sneak past them or fight them. This would be insane. Think about Walking Dead, but on GTA?

*Gloomy, creepy weather and atmosphere.

Multiplayer:

*More people allowed in multiplayer games on console and pc since this will be their biggest map. Console 32 or more players. PC 64 or more players.

*Different modes for free mode like in RDR.

*Hardcore mode like in RDR. Ex. Blips dont show up when you crouch but they do when you run, shoot, etc, so you can sneak more, and NO AUTO AIM. Also when you talk with a mic or if you type they can only hear or see what you said if your in proximity with them.

*Roleplay mode? OMFG! That would be amazing.... Ex. Acting as a normal citizen, doing jobs, get moeny from jobs to buy a house, vehicles, and weapons. People play different roles when they join and they get to pick what type of job they do, like Being a Normal Person, Gang Member, Cop, FIB, NOOSE, Salesman, Construction Worker and Etc. I think would be a great idea for a game mode in V. Also there could be somthing in that mode to track the stats of people across the world for Roleplay mode, to see who's the Richest, how many crimes they commitited, how many drug deals they've done, arrest's they have made and so on.

*Custom cars you customized used in races like when I was talking about vehicle customization earlier?

*Dogfight mode? Ex. For Fighter Jets, and Helicopters?

*You dont lose your guns when you die? Like how you kept them in RDR as you ranked up.

*Using weapons in Multiplayer you customized?

*Also Vehicle Customization and Weapon customization should be in MP.

*A Free Mode where cheat codes are allowed.

*More character customization for MP. Ex. More clothes system where you can change faical and body features, and etc. Or even a feature where you can select peds to play as in MP, and people from Single player.

*Gang hideouts, and activites like this in Free Mode, like in RDR. Ex. Taking out a group of enemies at a certain place.

*Ranking system used in free mode that lets you get experience points from different activites, such as Gang Hideouts and other activites.

*And more activities in Free Mode with friends. Ex. Drinking, Pool. Golf, Gang Hide Outs, Weight lifting, Hunting, Parachuting, and anything else that would go into that category to make GTA V even more amazing.

*Also when you do the activites it doesn't make you leave the game or go somewhere else, so other people can see what your doing when you are doing an activity. Ex. So basically if someone was just messing around in a game, then they could see you playing pool or doing a gang hideout with your friends.

*Tracking your overall playing time in MP in general. Then you could check your playing time and stats for each different game mode. I'd really like to find out how much playing time I have exactlly for GTA IV, because I know I have over 100 days of playing time, but Im not sure what the number is exactlly. I know, you can laugh, lmao.

*Also you should be able to sit down, use an umbrella, and etc, in Multiplayer like I was saying before.

*Ability to purchase vehicle's or house's in Free Mode?

*Zombie mode for a game mode. Ex. Fight horde's of zombie's to stay alive, or somthing like trying to get from one point to another without dying.

*Say your in a Game Mode like Deathmatch or Free Mode with auto aim on and you have it off, it shows if you have it on or not when you kill someone like in RDR. Ex. For example. If it says.... Jack134 expertly shot XXGODXX, it shows auto aim is off for that player. But if it said.... Jack134 shot XXGODXX it shows auto aim is on for that player.
Cartman28279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #142
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman28279 View Post
*Better A.I. Sneak around more and hide behind objects without people being able to see you.
Yes, sneaky murders are the best. Especially when there aren't any witnesses.

Quote:
*That brings me to better A.I for cops. Cops shouldn't always know where you are when your around. For instance, if you kill all the cops around you then hide somewhere while still in the Wanted zone they always know where you are. And you should be able to lose cops pretty well if they're chasing you and you hide behind objects or just hide in general.
Actually in IV, when the your wanted stars were the color gray - the police didn't know your location. To evade the Police you should still have to leave the wanted/search zone. Hiding behind a object doesn't mean the Police will stop looking for you.
Quote:
*Hiding in shadow's from enemies, and peds?
Like that one mission in San Andreas where you break into Madd Dogg's Mansion, that would be f_cking sweet!
Quote:
*Wind feature? Wind can knock over small objetcs when the weather is windy.
Like garbage in the street, or leaves that have fallen on the ground.
Quote:
*Tornados, EarthQuakes, Tsunamis?
I really couldn't see those in GTA. Maybe just a Dust Devil would work?
Quote:
*Better cheat codes like all the previous GTA's besides IV. Ex. Flying cars, ped riot, slow motion, chaos mode(Gta SA), and etc.
I would like to see "Super Punch" from San Andreas and apply to that car accidents. Smashing cars never gets old.
Quote:
*More activites in Single player. Ex. Hiking, Weight lifting(?), Mountain Climbing(?), Marathons, Parachuting, Races, (including planes), drinking, mini games, dancing, working (Like going to an actual job like working in an office, plumber, gas station etc.
Getting a "actual job?" He wouldn't need a job with all the illegal money he will be making.
Quote:
*Actual gun stores like AmmuNation. Rather than going to an illegal underground dealer to buy guns like in IV.
This time, have ALL the weapons in the gun shop - not only a select few.
Quote:
*Weapon customization? Im hoping for this after seeing there was a silencer on an AK-47 in the trailer. Also being able to save your custom weapons.
I said in a early post, kind of like Metal Gear Solid 4.
Quote:
*Being able to do normal actions such as sitting down on a bench, using an umbrella, reading a newspaper, and etc.
"using a umbrella." I'm a mob boss, and I kill lots of people - BUT I don't want to get rain on me.
Quote:
*Riding in buses?
That would be like the Taxi system without being able to choose your destination.
Quote:
*Animals?
You want to be able to murder animals with a gun? Or even run them over?
Quote:
*Mythalogical creatures?
What? Why?
Quote:
*Swimming like in SA. Ex. Diving under water, etc.
Diving under water didn't really serve a purpose except to collect those oysters.
Quote:
*Oh yeah..... Executions like in RDR and SA. Ex. Sneaking behind people and sliting their throat, choking someone out, etc.
I was thinking more of Manhunt 2 executions. Those were extremely gruesome.
Quote:
*More weapons. Ex. Melee weapons, Pistol's, Assault Rifle's, etc.
Crowbar, Scythe, Hacksaw, Grenade Launcher, Stinger (Heat seeking rocket launcher), 50 Cal. Sniper, Vehicle-mounted Vulcan Minigun, etc.
Quote:
*Bodies/Vehicles dont dissapear and objects take longer to. Maybe a section in options to turn this on or off?
I don't know if that would be possible, but I would like to see cash & dropped weapons stay longer.
Quote:
*Ability to buy your own cars. Other than stealing them.
What happens if accidentally destroy one? There is a bunch of money wasted.
Quote:
*Ability to buy your own house's.
I want to see multi-million dollar homes each with different interiors. The highest price for real estate in San Andreas was I think $120,000, I want to see something like $20,000,000 - because having $999,999,999 and not being able to spend it on stuff was really stupid.
Quote:
*Snow for a weather feature!!!
Hell yeah, would remind of winters in Detroit.
Quote:
*Being able to shot while running or sprinting but its harder to aim since you are running. Ex. Its kinda like blindfire shooting from cover but you can do this while running. But I think it would add some awesome fast pased gameplay if you get good at it.
You would be such a lunatic if you did that.
Quote:
*Instead of spawning immediatly outside of a police station when you get arrested, you spawn in a prison cell and say you kill someone and get arrested, you have to wait 5 minutes in the cell, but the more crimes you commit, the more time it adds to your sentence. And when you get out you can get your belogings by going up to an officer at a desk and if you were busted in a car, the car is ready to go in the police garage. Also it would be cool if somtimes there was a way to break out and you could hide in the wilderness or some place safe untill they're finished looking for you.
That would just take too long, and I don't think many people would like that feature.
Quote:
*Dual wielding weapons? Ex. Dual pistol's, smg's, etc.
Dual-wielding Sawn-off Shotguns from San Andreas was so much fun. They were so destructive and quick.

Quote:
*Cars can run out of gas and you can take them to a gas station and choose to go in and pay for the gas, use a credit card at the pump or run away with it then get the fuzz after you?
That might be cool, I can't really decide.
Quote:
*Definatly we need bikes back. Ex. BMX, Mountain bike, Trial Bike(?), 2 seated bike, and etc. Also they should have bunny hopping on the bikes like in SA.
The Mountain Bike was my favorite.
Quote:
*Vehicle customization like in SA, but it should be improved more by adding things like changing the cars suspension, height off the ground, some tires have more traction than others when you change the wheels(Street, Offroad.), advanced color system for cars (Spray painting and etc.), being able to save your cars after customizing them, and etc.
Only if there is street racing.
Quote:
*Dashboard view's in a vehicle. Ex.Then there could be: 1st 3rd person view, 2nd third person view, 3rd 3rd person view, Hood view, *Dashboard view*, Cinematic view.
Dashboard view so you can witness car accidents in first person.
Quote:
*Somthing you can check in options to show your overall playing time. Ex. Because somtimes it doesn't show your actual playing time, since you could play it 10 hours straight and then not save, and it doesn't show the 10 hours you just put on the next time you play. So it could track your overall playing time even if you dont save and offline or online it also tracks it.
Plus, keep your other stats too.

Quote:
*Gloomy, creepy weather and atmosphere.
Like Overcast and Heavy Rain?
Quote:
*More people allowed in multiplayer games on console and pc since this will be their biggest map. Console 32 or more players. PC 64 or more players.
If people have bad connections it wouldn't be much fun.
Quote:
*Hardcore mode like in RDR. Ex. Blips dont show up when you crouch but they do when you run, shoot, etc, so you can sneak more, and NO AUTO AIM. Also when you talk with a mic or if you type they can only hear or see what you said if your in proximity with them.
Also, bring back being able to call people on your friends list with the in game cell phone.
Quote:
*Roleplay mode? OMFG! That would be amazing.... Ex. Acting as a normal citizen, doing jobs, get moeny from jobs to buy a house, vehicles, and weapons. People play different roles when they join and they get to pick what type of job they do, like Being a Normal Person, Gang Member, Cop, FIB, NOOSE, Salesman, Construction Worker and Etc. I think would be a great idea for a game mode in V. Also there could be somthing in that mode to track the stats of people across the world for Roleplay mode, to see who's the Richest, how many crimes they commitited, how many drug deals they've done, arrest's they have made and so on.
They kind of did this in IV, but really needed to expand it.
Quote:
*Dogfight mode? Ex. For Fighter Jets, and Helicopters?
You would probably need a really big map for this.
Quote:
*More character customization for MP. Ex. More clothes system where you can change faical and body features, and etc. Or even a feature where you can select peds to play as in MP, and people from Single player.
Yeah IV's selection was extremely limited, I really didn't like how they set that up.
Quote:
*And more activities in Free Mode with friends. Ex. Drinking, Pool. Golf, Gang Hide Outs, Weight lifting, Hunting, Parachuting, and anything else that would go into that category to make GTA V even more amazing.
The Pool & Golf I could see, but virtual drinking with your friends?
Quote:
*Also when you do the activites it doesn't make you leave the game or go somewhere else, so other people can see what your doing when you are doing an activity. Ex. So basically if someone was just messing around in a game, then they could see you playing pool or doing a gang hideout with your friends.
You should have the ability to "jump" right into their game too.
Quote:
*Ability to purchase vehicle's or house's in Free Mode?
Instead of this how about gamble your house or vehicle?
Old 11-10-2011   #143
matt__jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaperson
1. If the third-person camera was locked on the whatever direction the character is facing, it would whip around too fast and just get annoying.

2. How would he do that if he is already holding a weapon? I could only see the Knife as secondary fire option.

3. When you die, it's GAME OVER. Why would you want to change that?
1. Hence why I suggested a first person camera, I am not suggesting they change the third person camera, simply ADD a first person camera, which for all you realism buffs out there, is the most realistic camera (now, I don't care about realism, I like this angle, its how shooting games should be), and for those who don't remember, camera angles are OPTIONAL in GTA, on Playstation by use of the select button, you can change the view

2. Easy, he has two arms right? If he can swing a knife, he can throw a grenade. This is a videogame, not real life

3. Why wouldn't I want to change that?

Its funny how everyone attacks you for having a new idea. I guess I should just come on here saying "derr I think it should have more cars and more guns, and I want to put a scope on a handgun and have a girlfriend I can eat cheeseburgers with"
Old 11-10-2011   #144
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
It would be nice to have a choice or at least a more varied selection of sites to purchase safehouses. This would allow more freedom when preparing for missions and evading self-imposed wanted levels.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #145
gtaperson

Quote:
1. Hence why I suggested a first person camera, I am not suggesting they change the third person camera, simply ADD a first person camera, which for all you realism buffs out there, is the most realistic camera (now, I don't care about realism, I like this angle, its how shooting games should be), and for those who don't remember, camera angles are OPTIONAL in GTA, on Playstation by use of the select button, you can change the view
I know you can use the select button to change camera angles, but I still don't think first person view is necessary. You don't need first person shooting because over-the-shoulder shooting works just fine, expect maybe for the sniper rifle. First person driving would be really difficult because you would constantly be slamming into other vehicles. GTA should remain 3rd person only because you need to be aware of your surroundings.
Quote:
2. Easy, he has two arms right? If he can swing a knife, he can throw a grenade. This is a videogame, not real life
Actually, that doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
It would be nice to have a choice or at least a more varied selection of sites to purchase safehouses. This would allow more freedom when preparing for missions and evading self-imposed wanted levels.
Yeah San Andreas only had like 3 interiors to choose from, they really need to make the Real Estate part of the game more fun.
Old 11-10-2011   #146
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
i personally can't see a problem with the third person view in GTA, GTA is not a shooter, its like 20%-30% shooting, and the third person works better for everything else, but even in something like Uncharted, i find that to be 60%-70% shooting, and so i get a bit annoyed about the constant third person, but once again first person wouldn't work for everything else, so you kinda have to, as you aren't going to want to keep switching back and forth.
Old 11-10-2011   #147
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Would be cool if they took the horseback riding from RDR and implemented it in GTA V.
Since we got loads of countryside in which there could be farms I think it's not that far fetched tbh.
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #148
gtaperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by THB View Post
Would be cool if they took the horseback riding from RDR and implemented it in GTA V.
Since we got loads of countryside in which there could be farms I think it's not that far fetched tbh.
I can just imagine myself stealing a car, reaching freeway speeds, then slamming into somebody who is riding a horse, as my vehicle is totaled.
Old 11-14-2011   #149
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

This is my TL;DR list that i have been slowly adding to for the last week or so, hopefully it has all my ideas in it, but i'll probably think of even more lol, i haven't gone for anything too silly, a lot of things are just small tweaks to the game, which may seem insignificant, but i would think would add to it.

Wider variety of vehicle models as police cars and taxis

Paramedic cars

The FBI should also have big blacked out SUVs as well as the buffalos

Unmarked police vehicles (should have lights in the grille and what-not, so if you're on the ball you might be able to tell)

Bait cars (lol)

Interiors, interiors, interiors and interiors, open this city up!

Car modifications (lowered tuner style body kits, wheels and nitrous, big off road tyres, raised suspension and bull bars, classic chromed low riders and hot rods, big snarling v8 muscle cars)

Pay n Spray colour choices, perhaps at extra cost to a normal Pay n Spray.

A vehicle parked on/in another vehicle should stay on it to a degree when moving, putting a car on a flatbed, or a dirt bike in a pickup, shouldn't just slide off as soon as you move.

Working vehicles (car transporters, tow trucks, recovery trucks, hitch-able trailers, cherry pickers, crane trucks, bulldozers, diggers, etc)

Quad bikes

If we're going to have all this desert, forest and mountains to frolic in, then more than one model of dirt bike and proper rally trucks, think Bowler Wildcat.

Bicycles (BMXs, mountain bikes, choppers)

Buggies (BF Injection, Bandito)

If there's a vehicle, any vehicle, I want to be able to drive/operate it (cranes, straddle carriers, trains, diggers, etc)

Gambling (back room of shady bars?)

Drug trading

Partially destructible environments (breaking small trees if hit hard enough, dumpsters etc should damage like cars, smaller/thinner walls collapse if hit hard enough, prefab buildings should be breakable, along with wooden tollbooth buildings, and billboards)

Wider range of melee weapons

IV created a world that felt alive, but I think it could be taken further, we've seen the NPCs interactions have been improved, which I hope is a dramatic change, and from seeing the guy hammering the for sale sign in, I hope there is more stuff like this, like stores receiving deliveries from trucks and vans, garbage collection, workmen working, cranes moving, large ships moving, mail delivering, shops and restaurants with customers and staff, etc.

Taxi drivers that don't drive like retards.

Improved multiplayer synchronisation, the amount of times, the friend I'm racing against clearly smashes into something right in front of me, and then jumps back ahead, because he didn't actually hit it on his game, is literally uncountable, or he'll jump from my left side, to my right, because when he moved across, my the game thought he was closer to me than he was and he hit me, but on his, he drove from one side to the other behind me without touching my car, so he'll hit me then appear on my other side.

More multiplayer modes for just 2 people, me and my best mate love playing games co-op and it sucks that most of IVs multiplayer modes require at least 3 or 4 people. eg, rob a bank and escape the police.

Mud/grass gets slippery and sand gets a lot more difficult to drive on, in the rain.

More weather effects (light rain, rain, torrential downpour, light breeze, windy, strong gusts, blazing hot, light snow, heavy snow, blizzard, hail, ice, fog, mist, haze, dust devils, sand storms, thunder storms)

On rare occasions, seismic tremors.

Return of the good citizen bonus, because it's stupid how helping the police catch a criminal in IV gets you arrested.

Broken fire hydrants continue for longer or until the fire department turn up to shut it off

Ability to hold on to moving vehicles, I want to jump on to a truck from a bridge, climb down to the cab, and throw the driver out while in motion, Hollywood style. And car surfing to a degree, I understand it wouldn't be feasible to be able to hold on to a car speeding round a corner at 50mph.

8-Ball's Bomb Shops

We had one model of bus in IV, what about coaches, minibuses, double deckers, etc

Allow us to create our own race tracks like in Midnight Club LA, to play online, it's just checkpoints after all.

Car doors should bend back at slower speed impacts rather than stopping the car, and then rip off at high speed, wheels can rip off in some impacts,

Use things, like broken bits of benches or bricks, as weapons

If your car ends up in position where the doors aren't openable, instead of just appearing outside of the car, he should kick the windscreen out or climb out of a convertible.

If I run out of ammo, I don't want to throw the weapon away, that means I have to buy a whole new weapon, instead of just ammo.

Remote explosives

Multiplayer triathlons, or quadathlons, or customathlons.

Stingers

Police dogs

News choppers try to follow chases too.

news chopper missions

Ammunation

Hardware store

Taxi missions

Paramedic missions

Fire truck missions

Bike courier missions

Lifeguard missions

Animal rescue missions

Tow truck missions

More fluid obstacle avoidance, and climbing, I've been playing Uncharted 3, and the running and climbing is pretty good.

Return of garages to store cars, at least in bigger houses out of the city, perhaps a helipad if we can afford a really big place.

Updating the phone to a smart phone, so we can mark and name GPS locations, check what weather is coming, receive emails, play music, take pictures and save them for real to the console.

If, like LA, LS is not an island, I hope there is no invisible walls or barriers, the desert/mountains/whatever should just generate forever, or your health slowly depletes as you get too far away.

Vehicles in online multiplayer should be grouped by performance, not model, so we can race an equally matched pickup and car, or bike and super car, etc, but there should also be an open class option, where anything goes, just for the fun of it.

Also on the MP theme, as suggested by it's name, Grand Theft Auto is a game predominantly about vehicles, yet levelling up in MP is about 10 times faster playing deathmatch than it is when racing, I think it should be split into driver level and combat level, as I find Grand Theft Auto is a very good platform for racing.

Not all convertible roofs should be electric, there should be an animation of the character manually doing it in older vehicles.

The dog in the trailer confirms NPCs can have pets, but I hope there's farm animals and wild animals, imagine crashing through a fence and releasing a herd of cows onto the freeway, oops, or speeding round some back roads when something like a stag or moose runs out in front of you, it could really do some damage, obviously it would be a rare random occurrence, but they should be grazing in fields, and whatnot as well.

Please do not add the hot wiring and code "breaking" from Chinatown wars, it's annoying, what could be added is a screwdriver weapon, that can also be used to inconspicuously break into parked cars, with a much lower chance of alerting nearby pedestrians and police, it would take a few seconds longer, but would give you a better chance of preventing a wanted level.

Cars should continue burning for longer after exploding

Fire should last longer and spread easier, it is impossible for a fire to rage out of control in IV, it just puts its self out, even before the fire department arrive.

Working phone numbers, number on a cab, call it, get a cab, number on a tow truck, call it, have your broken car towed to the nearest pay and spray, if there is a phone number in the game, it should work, even I fit just goes to an answering service or voicemail, none of the companies in IV seemed to have phones, there were numbers everywhere yet calling them just gave a beep beep beep and it hung up.

Drive thru's.

Remember where I parked my last few cars, walking around a corner and coming back to find your car missing is silly, the game should remember where I parked the last 3 or so cars I drove, so if I find a nice car I want to save, I can park up my car, go and save this one then go back to where I parked and continue, or go back after a mission, and retrieve my parked car. Unless it was left in the middle of the road or in a pedestrian area, then it will be at the impound yard, and I will have to pay to get it back.

Import/export lists (I was gutted when they scrapped it)

Another character voiced by Omid Djalili, because Yusuf Amir was my favourite.

Online shopping - buy weapons, clothes, or whatever online, and have them available for you the next time you visit your safehouse.

Hostage taking

Ability to grab and push/throw people in a direction.

Stealth kills (knife from behind)

Rush hour traffic

Busy shopping malls I can smash through the front of in my car and cause mayhem

Make the game you want to make, not the watered down game that DVD storage space forces upon you, Xbox players will just have to deal with more disks and/or installations, they have their console to blame, not the game.

Cars with alarms should have a little immobiliser flashing led on the dash so you can tell its going to go off, and avoid it if there are cops nearby.

I wasn't a fan of the RPG elements from SA, eating too much, should make you fat, and working out should make you more muscular, that's fine, but having to keep a stamina bar up, and whatnot is annoying, I don't like RPGs, I like grand theft auto.

Call girls, there should still be hookers, but you should also be able to find a call girl's number in a phone box, on the web or in a dirty magazine, call them, and meet them at the nearest hotel or owned safehouse, it would fully regenerate health but be more expensive, hookers would generate less health, but are cheaper and easier, or you could go to a bar and spend time trying to pick up a date, and take her back to yours, it's free, apart from the cost of a couple of drinks, but it takes longer, and is more effort, though it regenerates health and provides armour.

Limo service, like a taxi, but more expensive, and a hell of a lot cooler.

Limo missions.

More variety in limos.

Branching story line altered by choices you make and how you complete missions.

No zombies.

More easter eggs

Hidden packages worth collecting, rather than shooting glowing pigeons, perhaps duffel bags, that are sometimes packed with cash, drugs, ammo, clothing, or armour, but lots are empty, there's more of an incentive to collect them if they may reap rewards, but having not all of them give you something, means you can have more of them, but you won't end up getting ridiculously rich from them.

If this game had all these thing in it, it would be an epic step forward, but even if it just has some of them I'll be happy.
Old 11-15-2011   #150
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
just a small fraction of what i'd love to see in the game.

- i would love a kayak to be apart of the game. it wouldn't be an idea way to travel, but it could be fun if its in the right environment. maybe some missions based around it... maybe a river at the mountain, and kayak rentals.
- the return of the Bandito
- Horses in the county. with dogs in the game, other animals aren't out of the question. I think it'd be fun and a little hilarious to ride a horse through the city.
- Or maybe mounted police in the county???
-a Campground. it was awkward to see motor homes in San Andreas and no reason for them to be around. But it would be kind of cool to go through a campground seeing people sit around fires and set up camp..
- things from the past. not necessarily characters. but certain aspects that made previous games great. like maybe gta 3's Kuruma? it was a basic car, but in a way, legendary, since it was the first 3d car you could drive in the franchise. also maybe the undercover Cheetah cop? or maybe make tommy vercetti's hawiian shirt wearable. i could go on forever..
- safe houses, rather than homes like SA had. Such as basic warehouses or small buildings in back alleyways.
- Area 69. The possibilities with this would be endless. Story lines alone could be unbelievable.
- Cars based on the new camaro, mustang, challenger.
- add an earthquake to the story. they could add different features for that time period such as no/limited electricity, streetlights out, cops directing traffic, damage to some buildings or roads or cars, fires, etc.
- snow. it could be a possibility on the mountain. a very, very slim possibility. and if that happened, they could add snow plows, assuming theres a road going up the mountain.
- CJ. he doesnt even have to show up in the story, but they should keep grove street, and some how mention that he does exist. the way SA ended, he wasnt going anywhere, and he didnt seem to be in danger of anyone else killing him off. GTA IV didnt bring any characters back, but IV and V may be very different.
- City Workers actually working. Such as building new roads, or repaving old ones. Which would add to the difficulty of escaping police, with random, familiar routes closed off. grading the sand. professional lawn mowers. tow trucks picking up dead cars and hauling them to a junk yard.
- a junk yard.
- smarter police. GTA has avoided making them much smarter, and instead has made them angrier, and in bigger numbers.
- no more teasing us with things that seem usable but aren't! if its in the game, it should be usable!

Last edited by killahmatic; 11-15-2011 at 03:22 AM..
killahmatic is offline   Reply With Quote