Old 11-07-2011   #1
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
Music thread

This thread is for either music you want to see in GTA V, or music you think will be in it.

* Deftones - please and thank you.

* Health

* The Mars Volta

* Jane's Addiction

* Red Hot Chili Peppers

* Silversun Pickups

* SUUNS

* Mickey Avalon

* Far East Movement

* Remy Ma
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #2
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Once we get some info (beyond the Small Faces track from the trailer) I hope to see Ash's customary Soundtrack thread.

Speculation wise, I expect we'll get a nice dose of west cost rap & hip hop. I'd almost be willing to put money (if I had any) on the fact that there will be at least one Phil Collins or Genesis track.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #3
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
It would be nice to get an updated MasterSounds FM. Maybe with some jazz fusion like in IV as well.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
Once we get some info (beyond the Small Faces track from the trailer) I hope to see Ash's customary Soundtrack thread.
This will be happening at some point! Right now since it's based in Modern Times I'm actually doing some research into modern Radio Stations currently broadcasting in L.A. to see if I can give myself a better idea of what Rockstar might pick out and aim for.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #5
ibaphomet

ibaphomet is on a distinguished roadibaphomet is on a distinguished roadibaphomet is on a distinguished road
Tyler the creator, he is from LA after all.
ibaphomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #6
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
i hope they have a broader range of music, San Andreas had a LOT of hip hop and rap, a bit of rock, and metal, some folk, and not much of anything else, and considering i don't like rap, hip-hop, and folk, there wash't much to listen to other than Killing in The Name.
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #7
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
i hope they have a broader range of music, San Andreas had a LOT of hip hop and rap, a bit of rock, and metal, some folk, and not much of anything else, and considering i don't like rap, hip-hop, and folk, there wash't much to listen to other than Killing in The Name.
Faith no More, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns N' Roses, CCR, Joe Cocker, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Depeche Mode, David Bowie, Billy Idol...San Andreas has phenomenal rock & metal soundtrack.
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #8
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanko View Post
Faith no More, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns N' Roses, CCR, Joe Cocker, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Depeche Mode, David Bowie, Billy Idol...San Andreas has phenomenal rock & metal soundtrack.
i haven't played SA in probably 4 years, so granted i'd forgotten about that, but the point about there being not much of anything else, still stands.
Old 11-07-2011   #9
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
Quote:
i haven't played SA in probably 4 years, so granted i'd forgotten about that, but the point about there being not much of anything else, still stands.
Master Sounds (funk, soul), K-Jah West (dub, reggae), Bounce FM (funk, R&B)...
Old 11-07-2011   #10
JCMercenary
If you can't wear a spandex jumpsuit...

JCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of light
I just hope they have a station with Progressive rock or at least Classic rock.
I have yet to hear any Pink Floyd in GTA's soundtrack. :'(
JCMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #11
stanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMercenary View Post
I have yet to hear any Pink Floyd in GTA's soundtrack. :'(
...or Led Zeppelin.
Old 11-07-2011   #12
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
...or Def Leppard

and not enough THL needs moar THL
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #13
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
As long as they have a diversity of music I will be happy.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #14
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanko View Post
Master Sounds (funk, soul), K-Jah West (dub, reggae), Bounce FM (funk, R&B)...
exactly, all very similar to me.

it's very rare i hear a song in any GTA and think wow this a good song.

perhaps its just my taste in music that's the problem?
Old 11-08-2011   #15
stanko

Quote:
exactly, all very similar to me.

it's very rare i hear a song in any GTA and think wow this a good song.

perhaps its just my taste in music that's the problem?
Yes, I concur that it's a matter of taste..
Personally, San Andreas and Vice City soundtracks are the best ones I've heard in a game.