Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011   #121
zacdemon
Newbie Member

zacdemon has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I think there should be real vehicles, especially trucks. Ford, Dodge, chevy

There should be real vehicles. Especially pickups. Ford, dodge, chevy. You should be able to buy different motors and put in them too. You should also be able to pull gooseneck trailers with the and haul other vehicles with them.

Last edited by zacdemon; 11-06-2011 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
zacdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #122
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacdemon View Post
I think there should be real vehicles, especially trucks. Ford, Dodge, chevy
Never gonna happen, licencing fees would take from the games budget, And also it wouldn't feel like Grand Theft Auto, most of us have come to know and love the GTA cars.
Old 11-06-2011   #123
gtaperson

gtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
Never gonna happen, licencing fees would take from the games budget, And also it wouldn't feel like Grand Theft Auto, most of us have come to know and love the GTA cars.
I thought there weren't licensed vehicles in Grand Theft Auto because no car company wants their vehicle in game promoting violence, theft, etc.?
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #124
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
AUDIO:

My main request is that the custscene audio volume is not tied to the sound effects volume.

GTA games have previously only had two audio sliders: Radio & Sound Effects. Turning down sound effects also turns down cutscenes, which I'd rather didn't happen.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #125
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Other than airplanes, which has pretty much already been confirmed... I just want the army back. GTA IV lost a lot of points simply because the FBI was 5-6 stars worthy, they only used to be 5 stars worthy. The army has always been in GTA and it shit me the find out they were taken out. I love the mayhem the army brings. If they do bring the army back, there has to be tanks and these tanks can't blow up a car by ramming it. It needs to crush it.

It also showed in the trailer that weapon modification may be in, with silenced ak47s. I'd love to be able to attach silencers to weapons, I have always wanted to do that. GTA IV lacked a silenced pistol, which would've been pretty fun in many cases. Silencers are just what I want.

No annoying needy friends, I really wasn't a big fan of in-game friends simply because they're always calling at the wrong times. It would be nice to disable them, rather than putting the phone on sleep mode.

Street racing needs to be back, with vehicle modifications.

Considering there's a country side, I'm expecting there to be some off-road vehicles. I want some 4-wheelers, dune buggies and 4X4s (all 4 wheels to spin, instead of the only rear 2).

Bike physics, I can't say that I was a massive fan with the bike physics in GTA IV, TLAD and TBoGT... They seem too sluggish and floaty.

Gravity, I think it needs a bit of an increase in downforce.

Vehicle suspension, way too much body roll. Needs to be reduced.

Thats all I'm hoping for in GTA V, everything else is pretty much fine for me.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #126
gtaperson

gtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
Other than airplanes, which has pretty much already been confirmed... I just want the army back. GTA IV lost a lot of points simply because the FBI was 5-6 stars worthy, they only used to be 5 stars worthy. The army has always been in GTA and it shit me the find out they were taken out. I love the mayhem the army brings. If they do bring the army back, there has to be tanks and these tanks can't blow up a car by ramming it. It needs to crush it.
I miss the Rhino. That made the game so much fun. Maybe they could also include a vehicle with the vulcan minigun? Or where a second player can control the vehicle-mounted weapon?

Quote:
It also showed in the trailer that weapon modification may be in, with silenced ak47s. I'd love to be able to attach silencers to weapons, I have always wanted to do that. GTA IV lacked a silenced pistol, which would've been pretty fun in many cases. Silencers are just what I want.
I want the silenced weapons so you have less change of getting police attention and so people don't run away just because you fired a weapon.

Quote:
Street racing needs to be back, with vehicle modifications.
Yeah, Midnight Club styled. Also there should be a way so you can save vehicles so if you accidentally destroy before making it to a garage, you would be able to easily get them back.

Quote:
Considering there's a country side, I'm expecting there to be some off-road vehicles. I want some 4-wheelers, dune buggies and 4X4s (all 4 wheels to spin, instead of the only rear 2).
There should be one vehicle with tank wheels.... I don't know what they're called but the wheels with a belt around them, you know like on a tank? Those would be used to climb steep hills. (The Rhino from San Andreas didn't even have those.)

Quote:
Bike physics, I can't say that I was a massive fan with the bike physics in GTA IV, TLAD and TBoGT... They seem too sluggish and floaty.
Definitely, I never used bikes in IV for that reason.
Old 11-07-2011   #127
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
The friend system would work best if you have to call them, and they never call you (although they could send you a text msg every once in a while to remind you to call them). Except maybe certain people you befriend will call you if they're in trouble and need help (think of a more dynamic version of when Roman called you from the trunk of that car). If you want to get their "friend benefit" faster, you call them more often.

I really hope that weapon customization is in. It looks likely, since two guys in the trailer have scopes on their AKs, and the other has what appears to be a tactical flashlight.

And I want the jetpack back, even if it's only as an after-story bonus or prize for 100% completion/package collection.

And co-op. I think that's why there seem to be multiple protagonists - when playing co-op, you control one of the guys, and your co-op partner controls another. 4-player co-op would blow my mind.

And finally, I'd like to see more player-initiated side missions (kidnapping/robbery/etc).
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #128
gtaperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by phexitol View Post
I really hope that weapon customization is in. It looks likely, since two guys in the trailer have scopes on their AKs, and the other has what appears to be a tactical flashlight.
The weapon customization should as in-depth as it was in Metal Gear Solid 4.

Quote:
And co-op. I think that's why there seem to be multiple protagonists - when playing co-op, you control one of the guys, and your co-op partner controls another. 4-player co-op would blow my mind.
Would this even be possible with such a big game?

Quote:
And finally, I'd like to see more player-initiated side missions (kidnapping/robbery/etc).
I loved robbing stores in Vice City, they NEED to bring it back. Not only was it fun, but it was source of quick cash.
Old 11-07-2011   #129
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
RPG elements from San Andreas (skills, customization), many side activities, huge map, tons of weapons and vehicles, references to previous GTA games.
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #130
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I'm surprised you included TLAD. The bikes were so different in that, tight controls, much easier to corner, much less likely to fall off from impact & less likely to skid out.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #131
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah they were improved a lot but I still didn't like them, you still had that weightless feeling on them.
Old 11-07-2011   #132
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yeah they were improved a lot but I still didn't like them, you still had that weightless feeling on them.
That's kind of the first time I've seen that complaint come up, normally everyone says the opposite, especially for GTA IV, that the Bikes handled like large bricks that Niko couldn't stay on.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #133
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I sincerely hope that this go around that there aren't any "tutorial" missions. If they feel compelled to teach newcomers make it a feature outside of the game. Kind of like an option prior to starting the game.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #134
iKlipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
That's kind of the first time I've seen that complaint come up, normally everyone says the opposite, especially for GTA IV, that the Bikes handled like large bricks that Niko couldn't stay on.
Yeah, its not so much the handling I am talking about though. The handling in the game is ok, I can fly around traffic on a motorcycle fine, its more the "hit an object and the bike soars 50 ft in the air, barrel rolls and twists etc. Goes all over the joint".

GTA IVs bike handling was hideous, TLAD fixed that up but it still has those flaws as mentioned above.
Old 11-08-2011   #135
gtaperson

I just thought of these minor things I would like to see in GTAV:

- Pedestrians in wheelchairs
- Wheelchairs can be used as a vehicle
- Pedestrians in crutches
- Crutches can be used as a weapon
- Crossing Guards with Stop Signs
- Stop signs can be used as a weapon
- Ability to take money from pedestrians without killing them
- Finally have the Crowbar as a weapon