Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2011   #16
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
I agree, DVD storage capacity is most definitely holding things back, IV had to be compressed just to fit, there's no way people getting V for 360 are only getting one disk.
Old 11-05-2011   #17
gmcb007

gmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished road
Gotta be a fake, I mean Las Venturas does'nt have any visible roads or anything for that matter. Although I hope the map does not use the island layout again.
gmcb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #18
Clancy3434

Clancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enoughClancy3434 will become famous soon enough
i know we assume it'll come out for ps3 & 360... but once upon a time GTA III came out at first as a PlayStation exclusive...

i'd find it hard to believe that they'd exclude the xbox owners... but if they felt that storage on 360 held them down from creating their true vision, ya never know. there were no consoles listed on the trailer, after all...
Clancy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #19
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
360 sales = Huge, mountain region of money from sales.

It's not a option really. Even a few month delay will put them off from the specific marketing time-line they have.
Old 11-05-2011   #20
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy3434 View Post
i know we assume it'll come out for ps3 & 360... but once upon a time GTA III came out at first as a PlayStation exclusive...

i'd find it hard to believe that they'd exclude the xbox owners... but if they felt that storage on 360 held them down from creating their true vision, ya never know. there were no consoles listed on the trailer, after all...
So do you think it is returning as Playstation 3 Exclusive? That would be amazing, but I doubt it will happen.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #21
OriginalR*

OriginalR* is on a distinguished roadOriginalR* is on a distinguished roadOriginalR* is on a distinguished road
No way is it gonna be PS3 exclusive. Xbox sales are to much of a cash cow for them to leave it out.
OriginalR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #22
igrvks
Newbie Member

igrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished road
Some speculation:
Most propably Agent, but just sayin it's not impossible they'd turn down a mountain of money to make a game they want to.

New rockstar games franchise exclusive to the PS3

Also, IF five was an exclusive, people would buy consoles to play it. I doubt all of the sales money would go to Sony in a agreement like this. Sony would also most propably overtake XBOX in terms of sales with a move like this, which would guarantee a steady flow of cash for R*

It should also be noted that Take Two turned down EA over a complete planet made of money, just because they prefer to do things way they (or their investors) want to.

Last edited by igrvks; 11-05-2011 at 02:43 PM..
igrvks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #23
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Thats tragic. If its true, then its Osama mode. Terrorize shit.
.LiLe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #24
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
GTA is not a new franchise. So yeah, something other than that.
Old 11-05-2011   #25
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by igrvks View Post
Some speculation:
Most propably Agent, but just sayin it's not impossible they'd turn down a mountain of money to make a game they want to.

New rockstar games franchise exclusive to the PS3

Also, IF five was an exclusive, people would buy consoles to play it. I doubt all of the sales money would go to Sony in a agreement like this. Sony would also most propably overtake XBOX in terms of sales with a move like this, which would guarantee a steady flow of cash for R*

It should also be noted that Take Two turned down EA over a complete planet made of money, just because they prefer to do things way they (or their investors) want to.
Yeah that article was from 2007 and is referring to Agent, as much as I would like V to be a Playstation exclusive, Rockstar won't release the next installment in what is probably one of the biggest gaming franchises, as an exclusive. I expect the Xbox version to require atleast 2 disks though, IV pushed the limit of a DVD disk, so there's no way V is going to fit.
Old 11-05-2011   #26
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
*gives a mean look to 360 storage limitations* I honestly think Rockstar would have made GTA: SA2 if not for 360 storage limitations.
Call it a fanboyish wild specualtion, because, well, it is. But it's not secret at this stage in the gen, it's holding the games back.

Not 360 itself, hell in some aspects it's better than PS3, just the storage aspect of it. Stop being stubborn asses and buy a license from Sony to release a Blu-Ray add-on ffs M$.

Sony uses Windows in Viao to better their product, you can use BluRay in 360 to better yours. Though bettering their product comes after world domination for M$.

/random tired rant over
I'm pretty sure there is a reason why Xbox 360 doesn't have Blu-ray and its more complicated than just "getting the license."
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #27
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaperson View Post
I'm pretty sure there is a reason why Xbox 360 doesn't have Blu-ray and its more complicated than just "getting the license."
Not that I want to drag this on, but out of technical curiosity, what are you [vaguely] referring to there?

They did it with HD-DVD, I don't see why they can't do a BluRay addon. Other than licensing they have to get from Sony, along with I believe paying loyalties for using their format.
I understand MS not wanting to pay their competitors in the same market, but I don't understand MS's unwillingness to resolve the issue when it's obviously becoming a big pain up developer's ass and which in turn hurts us gamers.

I believe Nintendo is doing something interesting with their format for WiiU, where it's not a BluRay but like a BluRay, MS can come up with something like that.
Or ship games with flash storage the game reads off of extra data from. (just plug it in the USB when playing that game).

So there are solutions, but MS, as always, doesn't really give a shit about the consumers because they know no publisher is going to drop 360 sales so they are happy crippling Sony's strength and hurting gamers at the same time.
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #28
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
Not that I want to drag this on, but out of technical curiosity, what are you [vaguely] referring to there?

They did it with HD-DVD, I don't see why they can't do a BluRay addon. Other than licensing they have to get from Sony, along with I believe paying loyalties for using their format.
I understand MS not wanting to pay their competitors in the same market, but I don't understand MS's unwillingness to resolve the issue when it's obviously becoming a big pain up developer's ass and which in turn hurts us gamers.

I believe Nintendo is doing something interesting with their format for WiiU, where it's not a BluRay but like a BluRay, MS can come up with something like that.
Or ship games with flash storage the game reads off of extra data from. (just plug it in the USB when playing that game).

So there are solutions, but MS, as always, doesn't really give a shit about the consumers because they know no publisher is going to drop 360 sales so they are happy crippling Sony's strength and hurting gamers at the same time.
The problem is if they acquire such a license and put out an add on that everyone will have to pay for, that alienates lots of customers. If all new games require it then those who don't buy the add on have an essentially useless console. Then who would want to release games on their console when it will only give them a small fraction of the user base who actually ponied up the money for the new drive.
Old 11-07-2011   #29
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
The problem is if they acquire such a license and put out an add on that everyone will have to pay for, that alienates lots of customers. If all new games require it then those who don't buy the add on have an essentially useless console. Then who would want to release games on their console when it will only give them a small fraction of the user base who actually ponied up the money for the new drive.
this, and why would Sony want to give away one of their biggest selling points, to their main competitor?
Old 11-08-2011   #30
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road

How off the presses.

Last edited by iKlipse; 11-08-2011 at 02:27 AM.. Reason: Just add the video iD from Youtube. Not the entire URL. All you need is this: JKR7dPkLv_s
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote