Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2011   #1
Vicecityisbest
Newbie Member

Vicecityisbest is an unknown quantity at this point
San Andreas/GTA V Location comparison

Thought it would be nice to compare some things we saw in the trailer to what they looked like before in San Andreas. The two pictures are have may not be the same area because they are pretty different but also have many similarities so bear with me. Apologies for the quality of the first image I just took it with my phone from the PS2 screen.

San Andreas

GTA V Trailer

Pretty different right? It's not too far fetched actually. First, it's an outside gym on a beach. In San Andreas all there is to use is an exercise bike, a pair of dumbbells and a weights bench whereas in GTA V there is lots more equipment. Could happen after a few years of growth. The biggest difference is the palm tress. In San Andreas there is only 3 or 4 whereas in GTA V there is hundreds! If San Andreas is set in 1992 and is game is modern day could that many grow in twenty years?? A similarity is that there is a walkway right in front of it and the pier is on the right on the pic in SA and that looks like it may be in the distance on the GTA V pic. The biggest similarity is the blue railing that surround the gym. They are almost identical in both pictures. This makes me think it is the same location.

I won't dissect this anymore and let you guys say what you think but it is interesting if a small location like this from San Andreas is that much different, what does it hold for the entire map?
Vicecityisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #2
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
I thought very much the same when i saw that location in the trailer, you're on the right lines here but let me remind you of something.

the modern GTA games aren't direct copy's of the last gen, that is to say GTA3's liberty city isn't even geographically similar to GTA IV's liberty city.

that means that basically you don't have to worry about the palm tree's growth, or the location of the walkway. The fact that it's a fenced in gym on the beach like SA is a good enough indicator that it's a neat little nod to the original.
Old 11-02-2011   #3
Vicecityisbest
Newbie Member

Ah I see what you mean. Still think its interesting to see what differences if any certain locations will have and definitely going to be something fun to do when we get the game. Having SA without Grove St would be weird but being there without CJ would also be strange. Hopefully more locations from the trailer will be recognised and compared here.
Old 11-02-2011   #4
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Shit, being in another fictional Liberty City without Claude was fucking weird...

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #5
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
In case you guys didn't know there is a place called Muscle Beach in Venice, CA which is what these are a representation of. In the GTA V trailer they call it Muscle Sands
Here's it in real life:
Old 11-02-2011   #6
Vicecityisbest
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGF View Post
Shit, being in another fictional Liberty City without Claude was fucking weird...

True. The Liberty City thing is weird though cos we have two completely different cities with the same name. The first is used in GTA III, Liberty City Stories and Advance then we have the new city used in GTA IV, Episodes from Liberty City and Chinatown Wars. But I suppose this could be the first game with the new style San Andreas with spin offs to follow.

Regarding Muscle Beach I knew that was what it was based on in V but I didn't know it has the blue fence and the location in SA was based on it. Guess this is just a more detailed homage to what they originally tried to do.
Old 11-05-2011   #7
drozz

drozz is on a distinguished roaddrozz is on a distinguished roaddrozz is on a distinguished roaddrozz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicecityisbest View Post
True. The Liberty City thing is weird though cos we have two completely different cities with the same name. The first is used in GTA III, Liberty City Stories and Advance then we have the new city used in GTA IV, Episodes from Liberty City and Chinatown Wars. But I suppose this could be the first game with the new style San Andreas with spin offs to follow.

Regarding Muscle Beach I knew that was what it was based on in V but I didn't know it has the blue fence and the location in SA was based on it. Guess this is just a more detailed homage to what they originally tried to do.
The first version of Liberty City was in the first GTA. Along with Vice City and San Andreas. GTA III was not the first game in the series, people.
drozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #8
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
I've played San Andreas a LOT but I have never seen that outside gym.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote