Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2011   #16
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Car fuel system makes sense if you are 'tied' to your car, not much point when you can jump out of the car and steal the one next to you when you are out of fuel.

Good idea but not right for GTA.

And the rest sounds like fanboy BS to be honest. Definite fake but some good ideas. I especially liked the idea of police crashing into the building you are hiding in. In all GTAs they just wait outside and say "come out please" or come in like target practice one by one through the door.
If they are going to have more interiors, they really need to address that.
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #17
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska View Post
It isn't hard to push the Xbox 360 to it's limits.
Damn right on that. I just hope if they reach the point where they can't properly optimize/add more data to the 360 version they will decide on gimping that specific version rather than across the board to make it uniform.
Old 11-05-2011   #18
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
Car fuel system makes sense if you are 'tied' to your car, not much point when you can jump out of the car and steal the one next to you when you are out of fuel.

Good idea but not right for GTA.
i think thats exactly the point, otherwise it would get annoying, the fact that it would rarely affect you makes it a more feasible idea, no?
Old 11-05-2011   #19
gmcb007

gmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished roadgmcb007 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
5: There are planes to pilot and they can be crashed into buildings if you choose to do so....
Yeah it's bullshit all right. Sounds like a 15yr old wrote no.5

But like somebody else said, it's fun reading through these 'claims'

Why would a journalist leak details that would be used in their magazine and would help sales? Plus, the magazine and R* would know what specific journalist it was to leak the details and so why would the 'source' be that informative of his position.

Here's the apparent map of Los Santos which is clearly a fake:
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/3...star-employee/

Last edited by gmcb007; 11-05-2011 at 08:12 AM..
gmcb007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #20
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
It lost any credibility in the very first paragraph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP
A poster claiming to be a games journalist for "a Playstation magazine in the UK" (presumably PSM3) has professed, on the GTA Forums, to having privileged information about the game. He says that magazine staff experienced 30 minutes of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto V at the developer's Scotland offices.
Nothing works like that. What would Rockstar achieve by giving journalists a sneak peek at the game if they weren't writing articles about it for advertisement? Journalists don't do anything other than promoting, and if it was for promotion purposes there would have been articles popping up on all the major games websites as each journalist rushed together an article to publish first.

The post might be a good read, but it's nothing but some random fan's ideas.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #21
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Too good to be true.
.LiLe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #22
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
i think thats exactly the point, otherwise it would get annoying, the fact that it would rarely affect you makes it a more feasible idea, no?
Yes, but then what's the point of having it in there if it will rarely effect you. Too many features that are there for the sake of being there will make the game feel gimmicky, I feel. I am not against it or anything though, just feel it's not something that will fit well into the series but I'm not going to go "omg no!" if it is there (basically I'm neutral about it).

And yeah when Rockstar shows their game they show it to a handful of journalists and then sets a date where they all go wild and publish their previews (and then Rockstar fills their Twitter with those previews lol, rightly so of course).
That's how it worked from GTA4 to Max Payne 3.
Old 11-08-2011   #23
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Listen to any African American, and then listen to the voice in the trailer.

Not racist at all, just real.
I wouldn't say this is racist, but it's definitely not "real". That's just a stereotype.

Being a black man myself, I personally thought it sounded like a person of color. I guess I'm stereotyping too, but I didn't at all think about a Caucasian man until I saw the older guy. I still don't think that's the main protagonist though.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #24
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
The old man in the trailer is imho just a "boss" that calls you and gives you orders etc, not the main character.
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #25
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
While no one at the time can confirm or deny the validity of this stuff, well most of it is truly necessary for an incredibly evolved (not to mention amazing) dream GTA experience.
Old 11-08-2011   #26
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Actually, it's been confirmed fake.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA...-IV-36791.html
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #27
Chigurh

Chigurh is an unknown quantity at this point
Sigh it's not truly GTA season until we get the billions of fake rumors.

God I missed this.
Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #28
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
True or not, those all make for a promising experience. It's a lot of what people wanted to see in a new game. Not taking it to heart, but always fun hearing these kind of things and being able to prove or disprove it when facts come out.
Old 11-12-2011   #29
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Rumors are always fun, not only does it give Rockstar more of an idea of what fans want but it keeps it interesting til we get official news. I dont want to think what GTA V would be if it werent for the rumors. Alot of things that were rumoured in GTA IV are in GTA Vs trailer...
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #30
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

I think Rockstar always has a solid idea, doubt they take too many ideas from fans. All they do with these rumours is laugh their ass off I reckon.