Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011   #16
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Afraid LA will be too small?

Look at True Crime: Streets of LA, the map in that was fucking HUGE (be it there were countless bugs). I have no doubts in the size of the new map.

That and V will have what appears to be a pretty massive countryside. I'm not worried at all map-size wise.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #17
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Well rockstar have said it's their biggest grand theft auto yet, so I'm not fussed its only Los Santos, considering it's still going to be bigger than San Andreas.
Old 11-04-2011   #18
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
^ My point exactly.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #19
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
In GTA IV, Liberty City was totally different than GTA III. It was totally remade, and the remake was much larger than the original.

Now GTA V is a remake of San Andreas' Los Santos and outlying areas. It stands to reason that the re-imagned Los Santos will have a different layout and be bigger.

On the speculative other hand...

What if this game has a tilt towards fanservice? If the game has multiple protagonists that seem similar to Vercetti and CJ, maybe it is intentional. Maybe they want to give people what they were asking for while giving them new characters at the same time. This guy might not be Tommy, but he looks and sounds enough like him when you're spraying a crowd with automatic gunfire. The other guy might not be CJ, but when you're strafing the boulevard with volleys of heat-seeking death, it'll seem like it. Since these ARE new characters though, they can have new stories. I would personally like if it was a kind of "Trading Places" story, but I digress.

Anyway, it's possible (if popular opinion is to be believed) that you have stuff like jets, Chilliad, SoCal trappings, and untamed wilderness. This is stuff you asked for. If I'm right, you also may have a chance to revisit the spirit of characters that you liked from before. It's not exactly what you wanted, but I for one appreciate the gesture. Also, instead of getting spun up about what's probably not in the game, it would probably be better to focus on what's really important, namely stealing an airplane and crashing it into that blimp.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #20
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
Anyway, it's possible (if popular opinion is to be believed) that you have stuff like jets, Chilliad, SoCal trappings, and untamed wilderness. This is stuff you asked for. If I'm right, you also may have a chance to revisit the spirit of characters that you liked from before. It's not exactly what you wanted, but I for one appreciate the gesture. Also, instead of getting spun up about what's probably not in the game, it would probably be better to focus on what's really important, namely stealing an airplane and crashing it into that blimp.
Yeah bring back the Hydra and Shamal. My 2 favorite aircraft from San Andreas.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #21
igrvks
Newbie Member

igrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaperson View Post
Yeah bring back the Hydra and Shamal. My 2 favorite aircraft from San Andreas.
If they bring those back in flyable form V should also have a military base that shoots a shitload of homing missiles on you if you fly by. That was really fun.
igrvks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #22
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
As it has been pretty much confirmed that V will feature Los Santos as is only fully fledged city, a thought I had would be that considering with III, IV, we have had two additional games/DLCs afterwards, so perhaps we will see Grand Theft Auto V: San Fiero, and Grand Theft Auto V: Las Venturas, which could be available as standalone new maps and storylines for those without large console hard drives, or as installable and downloadable DLC to add to V, to create one Epically large state of San Andreas.

Rockstar has been quoted as saying "...the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created. A bold new direction in open-world freedom..."

Perhaps this is the bold new direction?

It's just a thought, but how amazing would that be?
Old 11-04-2011   #23
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
As it has been pretty much confirmed that V will feature Los Santos as is only fully fledged city, a thought I had would be that considering with III, IV, we have had two additional games/DLCs afterwards, so perhaps we will see Grand Theft Auto V: San Fiero, and Grand Theft Auto V: Las Venturas, which could be available as standalone new maps and storylines for those without large console hard drives, or as installable and downloadable DLC to add to V, to create one Epically large state of San Andreas.

Rockstar has been quoted as saying "...the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created. A bold new direction in open-world freedom..."

Perhaps this is the bold new direction?

It's just a thought, but how amazing would that be?
If it was DLC i'm assuming that would take a huge chunk out of your console's HDD, but definitely cool.
Old 11-04-2011   #24
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaperson View Post
If it was DLC i'm assuming that would take a huge chunk out of your console's HDD, but definitely cool.
Totally worth it though.
Old 11-04-2011   #25
gtaperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
Totally worth it though.
Yeah I would delete anything that prevent me from having enough space. Other video games are fun but NOTHING gets in the way of Grand Theft Auto.
Old 11-04-2011   #26
Darth_Vader
Evil User

Darth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enoughDarth_Vader will become famous soon enough
I didn't check any other threads, but did anyone see the (possible) map leaks?

Darth_Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #27
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
That's been posted already in a seperate thread,

I'm very much undecided about it. it's very likely a Fan made map.
Old 11-05-2011   #28
Bomberlegend
Newbie Member

Bomberlegend is on a distinguished roadBomberlegend is on a distinguished roadBomberlegend is on a distinguished roadBomberlegend is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR4494 View Post
Using that philosophy San Andreas not being ONLY San Francisco only (From GTA 1) wouldn't be the same.

When they were going to remake San Andreas from GTA 1 into GTA: San Andreas it should've be in San Francisco only not LA, San Fran, and Las Vegas.

They're making a brand new game, they're not remaking GTA: San Andreas. DEAL WITH IT.
You're wrong. All three cities will be in the game.

Tell me where they have said it will ONLY take place in LS?
Bomberlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #29
Darkbyte001
Newbie Member

Darkbyte001 is on a distinguished roadDarkbyte001 is on a distinguished roadDarkbyte001 is on a distinguished road
Can someone direct me to a link of the first san andreas trailer cant seem to find it on youtube
Old 11-06-2011   #30
OriginalR*

OriginalR* is on a distinguished roadOriginalR* is on a distinguished roadOriginalR* is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbyte001 View Post
Can someone direct me to a link of the first san andreas trailer cant seem to find it on youtube
OriginalR* is offline   Reply With Quote