Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2011   #16
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
Agreed. This breakdown of the trailer is informative and interesting. As said before by many people your assumptions are plausible and would be quite cool to see in the game. Thanks for sharing.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #17
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
Check this out. On 1:04/1:05 there is a sign "Atomic" on red convertibles wheels. "Atomic" was name of one of the wheels you could buy in San Andreas, when customizing your vehicle. Could this mean that car customization is back?
I certainly hope so.
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #18
Benardo
Newbie Member

Benardo is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't know where you got the whole 'shoes on the powerlines' thing as being a sign of respect, but in my neighbourhood it signals the nearby location of a tinnie house (where you can score drugs).
Benardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #19
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanko View Post
Check this out. On 1:04/1:05 there is a sign "Atomic" on red convertibles wheels. "Atomic" was name of one of the wheels you could buy in San Andreas, when customizing your vehicle. Could this mean that car customization is back?
I certainly hope so.
The tyres on the Postal Truck also say atomic, my guess is that it's just a tyre brand within the Grand Theft Auto world, maybe the blimp will say Atomic on the side, instead of Goodyear?
Old 11-04-2011   #20
igrvks
Newbie Member

igrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished road
Sorry for multi posting this, tried to PM this to you but couldn't find out how to (newbie)

Just thought you would be interested since your take on this is "maybe". I think it confirms at least mods shown in the pic.

BTW, the breakdown is really good. I already saw it on some other forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by igrvks View Post
Hey guys,

In the heist scene guy with the red hat seems to have a tactical flashlight on his AK where as the supposed protagonist has a laser sight and some kind of scope.

EDIT: Added a picture, but it's a bit small, here's a link to original:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/2...page=mediaFull
igrvks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #21
gho5t
Max Payne 3

gho5t is on a distinguished roadgho5t is on a distinguished road
Great observation Thanks for sharing
gho5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #22
1stJuankPilot

1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road
Very nice. Only other thing that I have noticed are that the landing gear on the Shamal seems to come down at the end of the video indicating that it is in fact "player controllable"and there are jet contrails in the sky possibly indicating other aircraft?? And as far as the shoes go, it may be different from city to city but here in Chicago, when you see shoes over wires it generally symbolizes for a bad neighborhood. After someone gets beat up or jacked their shoes are generally thrown over the wires, its been played out in many movies and the question was actually asked and answered by Snoop Dog on some MTV show I was watching a couple years ago. But like I said, it could differ from place to place.
1stJuankPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #23
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Very nice stuff, thanks dude.
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #24
DonaldLove
Newbie Member

DonaldLove is on a distinguished roadDonaldLove is on a distinguished road
I feel it's worth mentioning that at no point in the trailer do we see the wind turbines besides the scene that shows them, there are 2 or 3 shots of the skyline and nowhere in the distance are these visible. Just another reference to the already obvious gigantic size of the environs.
DonaldLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #25
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I only had time to read the first one yesterday and now all the rest are 404'd Any chance of a re-upload?

edit: Scratch that. Seems i had the page still open from when they were on Dropbox and now they're hosted on GTAG. My bad.

These are awesome btw
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #26
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
Great analysis Lukey! I really enjoyed reading through them all. Another thing I did notice though that you didn't mention was the scene with the police helicopter, the police officers on foot were chasing the character in a small squad -- indicating improved police AI. Good job though!
Old 11-04-2011   #27
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks everyone, glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by igrvks View Post
Sorry for multi posting this, tried to PM this to you but couldn't find out how to (newbie)

Just thought you would be interested since your take on this is "maybe". I think it confirms at least mods shown in the pic.

BTW, the breakdown is really good. I already saw it on some other forums
I think you might be right about the tactical light, but I see nothing out of the ordinary on the other gun, also would you be able to link me to wherever else it is posted, I'd love to see what's being said about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stJuankPilot View Post
Very nice. Only other thing that I have noticed are that the landing gear on the Shamal seems to come down at the end of the video indicating that it is in fact "player controllable"and there are jet contrails in the sky possibly indicating other aircraft?? And as far as the shoes go, it may be different from city to city but here in Chicago, when you see shoes over wires it generally symbolizes for a bad neighborhood. After someone gets beat up or jacked their shoes are generally thrown over the wires, its been played out in many movies and the question was actually asked and answered by Snoop Dog on some MTV show I was watching a couple years ago. But like I said, it could differ from place to place.
I didn't mention much about the planes other than pointing them out, as I thought that they wouldn't of featured so prominently in the trailer if they weren't usable.
About the shoes, yeah it probably means different things to different people in different places, but that's just what an LA gang member said to the host of a show I watched a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldLove View Post
I feel it's worth mentioning that at no point in the trailer do we see the wind turbines besides the scene that shows them, there are 2 or 3 shots of the skyline and nowhere in the distance are these visible. Just another reference to the already obvious gigantic size of the environs.
Good point, this map is going to be HUGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Z View Post
Great analysis Lukey! I really enjoyed reading through them all. Another thing I did notice though that you didn't mention was the scene with the police helicopter, the police officers on foot were chasing the character in a small squad -- indicating improved police AI. Good job though!
Thanks, I don't know, I mean police still grouped up in IV at times, just depended how many turned up, but it could mean something, it could not, it's hard to tell whether they just happen to be running together or are actually teaming up in the short clip.
Old 11-04-2011   #28
JStarr31

JStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished roadJStarr31 is on a distinguished road
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Great work.

The bridge in Part 1 is likely the Vincent Thomas Bridge.

It also should be noted that Venice Beach is roughly 30 minutes from downtown LA.
Many other places like the Tehachapi wind farms (with the turbines) is 1-2 hours outside.

So point being, this isn't "just LA". They're doing any and all surrounding areas + countryside.

On a personal note: I get ridiculously nerded out about about the reactive AI and dynamic particle effects. The wind effect on the tarps when the dude puts the top down on the convertible is sick...

Wow...good observation... when i first viewed the trailer i thouht it was the Gant Bridge in San Fierro,, but that was before the R* anouncement....wiki quote: "The Vincent Thomas Bridge is a 1,500-foot (460 m) long suspension bridge, opened in 1963, crossing the Los Angeles Harbor in the U.S. state of California, linking San Pedro, Los Angeles, with Terminal Island."

Maybe they'll include Terminal Island as playground???

possible map outlook?????

Last edited by JStarr31; 11-04-2011 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: image wouldn't load
JStarr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #29
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Really enjoyed the breakdown, thanks man.

+rep
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #30
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStarr31 View Post
Maybe they'll include Terminal Island as playground???
Very good point, especially seeing as there was a similar area in San Andreas' Los Santos.
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote