Old 11-03-2011   #1
Betabyte
Newbie Member

Betabyte is an unknown quantity at this point
"My Realism ideas" thread

Hi, long time lurker here, and very hyped for the next GTA

I have some ideas to make the realism of the characters much more lifelike imo.

It's basically a heavy modified MGS : Snake eater healthsystem for those who know that game.

Please note that i would like this system AS OPTION(S) in the game settings, NOT ON BY DEFAULT.
By default i think a system like RDR would be great, but with a visible meter and slower regen still.

These are my ideas:

HEALTH SYSTEM

- Consiousness :
Have a meter in % to display your current consiousness.
Reduce it while getting hit in a fight, depending on the location and weapons used.
Regeneration is pretty fast unless your almost ko. Can be speed up by energy drinks.

- %bloodreserve:
Reduce it while having wounds that are still untreated, like gunshot or burn wounds.
Blood loss depending on severity of wounds. eg: a shotgun shot from point blank should almost guaranteed bleed you out in a very short time. Blood regenerates VERY slowly by itself or gets fuly
restored in a hospital. you could pass out or die from severe bloodloss.

- limb status and damage: (think the Smackdown games for example)
your head , legs , arms and torso should all have 4 colors:
Transparent for no damage.
green for light damage, yellow for medium damage and red for serious dmg.

limb status should be : Recovering (when you disinfect and/or bandage a wound).
This should be indicated by a + sign on the limb. green wounds stop bleeding by themself
very fast. and healing fast too. Yellow too, but bandaging and disinfection make it heal as fast as green.
Red should not stop bleeding until treated fully, wich will recover slowly and leave you disabled abit.

Getting Worse: This should be because your bleeding or getting more infected from open wounds.
This should be indicated with a blinking color.

Now with these systems combined, you could have interesting fights.

like you Ko'ed someone random who stabbed you twice, once in the arms while blocking and once in the stomach. You now have a green wound on your arms and a red wound at the torso.
Your almost ko (like 15% consiousness) cause it was a close fight and losing some blood thanks to the stomach stab wich is a red torso wound. you have some green limbs from the punching and kicking, and a yellow head cuz in the fight you fell off some stairs
You disinfect and bandage your torso.

Near death Situations :
When your deadly wounded in public someone could call an ambulance for you to get you treated.
This would be like taxiride in gta4 with the option to skip or show the transport/take in.
You could die while on your way, depending on your wounds and distance/traffic to the hospital.

FIGHT SYSTEM:
You should be able to do more brutal melee fights, with beating people on the ground or getting beaten on the ground. They too would have the same healthsystem.

This is, after all, a mature game.

The WORLD:
I really dont care about the total size of the map, but i would like to see much more interaction with the
world itself like robbing a bank, raiding a police/Fire station or hospital, robbing general stores or the like.

And getting in EVERY building. Make most buildings with a indoor template with like 15 house templates
and like 10 appartment templates.

I posted this in a seperate thread because its a long post on 2 specific areas of the game.
People who don't like this could simply not enable the option and use the old healthsystem.
People who complete the game in realism mode shoulg get a special achievement, like in
Fallout: New Vegas.

What do you guys think about this ?
Betabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #2
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
You've put a lot of thought in to it, but I think it would just over complicate things, i don't want to be messing about with coloured limbs, bandages, blood loss, conciousness, disinfecting, and whatever else, this is Grand Theft Auto, not Theme Hospital. I think the health system the way it is, is perfect for the game.
Old 11-04-2011   #3
Betabyte
Newbie Member

Betabyte is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe it's complicated, but it would imo add to the game, for the people who want it.
Like the "hardcore" option in Fallout New Vegas.

As long as the treating does not take long, it wouldn't hinder the gamepace.

Keep in mind that this is not like eating or sleeping, wich is actually a chore in most games.

I agree on the theme hospital comparison, but you have to see these ideas as a small component in the rest of the game.
This system would make you think twice about going in guns blazing, because it forces you to think about your health in
a real way.

If you perform well, and you take no damage, nothing actually changes.
You have to see it from my perpective. I played trough GTA4 3 times, and TBOGT once, now doing a second run.
At this moment the game is too easy now. If i could turn on realism it would be way harder, adding to the challenge
znd replayability of the game.

As an option it would not harm anyone. Everybody can still play the game in normal mode with the typical gta chaos
Betabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #4
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
I like your ideas but I think it would be cool if you could be knocked unconscious and you have to perform a button combination to wake up. This would be caused by a bad car accident or getting hit in the head really hard.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote