Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2011   #421
igrvks
Newbie Member

igrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished roadigrvks is on a distinguished road
Hey guys,

Just a few details I spotted on the trailer: In the heist scene guy with the red hat seems to have a tactical flashlight on his AK where as the supposed protagonist has a laser sight and some kind of scope.

Also, the bicycle has no front wheel.

EDIT: Added a picture, but it's a bit small, here's a link to original:
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/2...page=mediaFull

Last edited by igrvks; 11-04-2011 at 06:38 AM..
igrvks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #422
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
Rumour: GTA V is almost 2 and a half times larger than Red Dead Redemption

http://multi.systemlink.me/2011/11/r...alf-times.html
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #423
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
so GTA V is 70 sq miles ?

Rumours be rumouring.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #424
Markonious
Niko's cousin

Markonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished road
That's world of warcraft big...holy bananas...still nowhere near as crazy just cause 2 map(400), but on the other hand, it won't be as generic.
Markonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #425
DNArationX
Newbie Member

DNArationX is on a distinguished roadDNArationX is on a distinguished roadDNArationX is on a distinguished road

- I thing he is Tommy Vercetti although some say that not because he would have the age of 60 years
but when compared to Vice City (1986), Ken Rosenberg was 23 years ... and Tommy "26 years" (I think) ... But Tommy looked younger than Ken ... so maybe the character is Tommy Vercetti
- GTA "V" ercetti
DNArationX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #426
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Tommy Vercetti was 35 in Vice City, He was in prison for 15 Years, he was only 20 and a young thug in the Mod when he was trapped in Harwood and killed 11 people.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #427
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNArationX View Post

- I thing he is Tommy Vercetti although some say that not because he would have the age of 60 years
but when compared to Vice City (1986), Ken Rosenberg was 23 years ... and Tommy "26 years" (I think) ... But Tommy looked younger than Ken ... so maybe the character is Tommy Vercetti
- GTA "V" ercetti
As ash says, he would be 60 by now, and also why would anyone move from Miami, to Los Angeles for the weather?
Old 11-04-2011   #428
1stJuankPilot

1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road1stJuankPilot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post
why would anyone move from Miami, to Los Angeles for the weather?
That's what I've been saying.

Also, eventhough its only Los Santos planes are probably still flyable. At the end of the trailer you can see the landing gear start to come down from the jet with no airport in sight.
1stJuankPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #429
Markonious
Niko's cousin

Markonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished road
Wow, I haven't had a clue about this until just now.

Maybe there will be some oil companies angle somewhere in the story, or in side-missions...
+some nice shots of LA...amm I mean LS.
Old 11-04-2011   #430
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanko View Post
Rumour: GTA V is almost 2 and a half times larger than Red Dead Redemption

http://multi.systemlink.me/2011/11/r...alf-times.html
I know it's just a damn rumor, but I hope it's true....
Old 11-04-2011   #431
OriginalR*

OriginalR* is on a distinguished roadOriginalR* is on a distinguished roadOriginalR* is on a distinguished road
A same size or slightly larger map than GTAIV would be fine with me.
OriginalR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #432
Markonious
Niko's cousin

Just Los Santos will probably take the space of Liberty City, if not more, and then you have all the surrounding terrain and whatnot.
Old 11-04-2011   #433
DNArationX
Newbie Member

DNArationX is on a distinguished roadDNArationX is on a distinguished roadDNArationX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
People are being crazy.

Rockstar only says only Los Santos, rumors the same.
Fans say "OMG ITS ALL OF SAN ANDREAS".

The guy in the trailer sounds nothing like Ray Liotta.
Fans say "OMG ITS TOMMY VERCETTI".

The guy in the trailer is black.
Racists...ermmm...Fans say "OMG ITS CJ".

I don't want to rain on people's parades but some of you are being silly and completely illogical.
ok men....illogical you says... ... There are rumors, no one is confirmed and you say things not "logical"...the characters can not be the same as the graphics have improved and may not look the same:
exmpl.
- "Liberty City 1998"....[Mastrogiorgio Danny] gives voice to Toni Cipriani
After 3 year later.... "Liberty City 2001" Toni Cipriani ages and over the years obviously changes your voice , which gives [Michael Madsen]
- Now, the voice of the character may change over the years......may not be the voice of Ray Liotta, could be the voice of another, but that does not mean it is not Tommy Vercetti. Also the tone of voice I figured it might be Tommy

Last edited by DNArationX; 11-04-2011 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
DNArationX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #434
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Rockstar have not carried any III era characters over to IV. To me it would not make sense to then drag them into the V era. I do not expect any recurring characters at all with the exception of radio hosts and DJ's. To me, that would be completely illogical.

And what are people even basing their assumption off that the guy is Vercetti? He's white and has black hair? He could look like anyone from the series, like the guy on the left in this pic.

I'm not totally dismissing the theory, but this is one of many examples of people in here making assumptions based off a trailer that essentially shows nothing in terms of storyline/gameplay/features.

Also, I think the voices thing is more down to actor availability, rather than "aging". The only difference in people's voices I ever notice is when puberty hits, are ill, or dialect.

thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #435
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
I don't think Rockstar really sat down, and focused on the math and the whole history of Tommy Vercetti. They just took him, made him (early 50's) and he wanted to retire. I mean realistically, if rockstar says it's Tommy in San Andreas, you know how many young fan boys will buy that shit?