Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011   #1
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Grand Theft Auto V Trailer 1 Breakdown

I have just finished my extensive breakdown of Trailer 1, I have taken shots of each and every scene in the game, and tried to pick out as much as I can, there are a total of 49 images split across 5 pages (don't worry, most of the room is taken up by the screen shots, I haven't wrote that much)

I thought it would be nice to try to consolidate everything in to one easy to read thing, but it turned out it would be too massive so I had to split it up, unfortunately I have nowhere to host this paginated, so I will just post the 5 image links below.

Each image is approximately 5MB (you were warned)

If there is anything significant missing, let me know and i'll try to add to it.

Click here for Page 1

Click here for Page 2

Click here for Page 3

Click here for Page 4

Click here for Page 5

Hope you like it, constructive criticism is welcome.
Old 11-03-2011   #2
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Hey, you did a pretty alright job man. I've only looked at the first one so far but I'll be sure check the others out now.

Edit: Just got done checking them all out, you noticed/mentioned/hinted at quite a few good things. Very nice analysis.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.

Last edited by TGF; 11-03-2011 at 10:44 PM..
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #3
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Excellent work my man! This helps me out a lot. I have tough time trying to watch the trailer over here with the internet being unreliable.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #4
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Great job, good detail. Thanks a lot for this.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #5
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
You've pointed out quite a few things I missed myself. Even after watching it a few times.

This is pretty cool, man. Great job.

EDIT: Also. Important note is that you're very reasonable with your speculations and not over-the-top.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #6
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
I can never seem to catch all the small details in GTA trailers, so thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
EDIT: Also. Important note is that you're very reasonable with your speculations and not over-the-top.
+1 on that
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #7
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
Love the breakdown.

as far as the "gangasta"

I'm saying drug dealer, and that he's ready to sell the guy who appears straight drugs, and he give him a subtle hand gesutre saying, not now, or indicating that he is not going to be buying drugs right then.

see: http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...oc1ashirt.html

drug dealers wear plain white t-shirts.
Pale2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #8
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Very good job man
A+
.LiLe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #9
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
Very nice analysis. There are several spelling errors, but other than that, excellent work.
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #10
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
I never knew that hanging the shoes in the wires was a symbol of respect. I know in the suburbs kids used to do it when they got new shoes. Great job on pointing out the little details on this trailer, I really enjoyed that.
Pale2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #11
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Great work.

The bridge in Part 1 is likely the Vincent Thomas Bridge.

It also should be noted that Venice Beach is roughly 30 minutes from downtown LA.
Many other places like the Tehachapi wind farms (with the turbines) is 1-2 hours outside.

So point being, this isn't "just LA". They're doing any and all surrounding areas + countryside.

On a personal note: I get ridiculously nerded out about about the reactive AI and dynamic particle effects. The wind effect on the tarps when the dude puts the top down on the convertible is sick...

Old 11-04-2011   #12
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
It also bears pointing out that screens 7/8 from Part 2 are the same location as the last screen from Part 4, from the opposite direction, as you can see the Tequi La La sign just above and to the right of the man in colorful clothes at 0:35.
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #13
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys, i'm glad you like it, and it was useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale2hall View Post
Love the breakdown.

as far as the "gangasta"

I'm saying drug dealer, and that he's ready to sell the guy who appears straight drugs, and he give him a subtle hand gesutre saying, not now, or indicating that he is not going to be buying drugs right then.

see: http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...oc1ashirt.html

drug dealers wear plain white t-shirts.
when i wrote that bit i didn't really like the word gangster either, i have changed this part now to reflect that he is probably a drug dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phexitol View Post
Very nice analysis. There are several spelling errors, but other than that, excellent work.
that's what i get for working on this until the early hours of the morning i guess, i have corrected all i could find, let me know if you notice any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale2hall View Post
I never knew that hanging the shoes in the wires was a symbol of respect. I know in the suburbs kids used to do it when they got new shoes. Great job on pointing out the little details on this trailer, I really enjoyed that.
I saw it on a program about LA Gangs a while a go lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Great work.

The bridge in Part 1 is likely the Vincent Thomas Bridge.

It also should be noted that Venice Beach is roughly 30 minutes from downtown LA.
Many other places like the Tehachapi wind farms (with the turbines) is 1-2 hours outside.

So point being, this isn't "just LA". They're doing any and all surrounding areas + countryside.

On a personal note: I get ridiculously nerded out about about the reactive AI and dynamic particle effects. The wind effect on the tarps when the dude puts the top down on the convertible is sick...

wow so if they are even close to that sort of scale, this thing is going to be huge, and i know what you mean, just seeing all the little AI actions is cool, and the flags and curtains and what not fluttering in the breeze, this is shaping up to be a really nice game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phexitol View Post
It also bears pointing out that screens 7/8 from Part 2 are the same location as the last screen from Part 4, from the opposite direction, as you can see the Tequi La La sign just above and to the right of the man in colorful clothes at 0:35.
hmm I think you're right, not sure i fancy, trying to squeeze that in though, doesn't really add anything, nice spot though.
Old 11-04-2011   #14
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
Excellent work on this, kudos to you for this =)
THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #15
BlueSmiley
Newbie Member

BlueSmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
This analyse is the best. Thanks alot for this.
It was a real interesting read.
BlueSmiley is offline   Reply With Quote