Old 11-02-2011   #1
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
Enough with the good guys

I kinda wish they would bring back a psycho/bad guy as the main character, that 's one of the reasons why Tommy Vercetti is my favorite main character, he was a psycho, he admitted it and wasn't trying to change that.

Then you have guys like Niko, that probably think they're good, getting all emotional. Then five minutes later he's blowing up every cop car in his path... tbh it's becoming a trend in recent Rockstar games.

Now after 20+ seconds of GTA V trailer, we already have a guy trying to be the good guy.

They probably think characters look deeper this way, dealing with inner demons and then comes redemption blah blah blah...
Old 11-02-2011   #2
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
You need to find the character at least a little sympathetic though in order to enjoy their story. Even Tommy Vercetti had this as from the get go we realise he's being used by his superiors and ultimately discover he was set up to go to jail. Not to mention a few other things here and there, like when he buys the printing place and there's a brief mention of how his dad worked in a place like that and how he almost went into the family business. A "psycho/bad guy" lead wouldn't garner the same sort of investment from the player, because if the guy don't give a crap what happens to him, why should they?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #3
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Did you miss the part where the voice over goes "well, you know how it is" ?
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #4
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
You need to find the character at least a little sympathetic though in order to enjoy their story. Even Tommy Vercetti had this as from the get go we realise he's being used by his superiors and ultimately discover he was set up to go to jail. Not to mention a few other things here and there, like when he buys the printing place and there's a brief mention of how his dad worked in a place like that and how he almost went into the family business. A "psycho/bad guy" lead wouldn't garner the same sort of investment from the player, because if the guy don't give a crap what happens to him, why should they?
I just like Tommy's hunger for power, he just wants to take over Vice City by any means necessary.

He knows what needs to be done and takes a cold, calculated approach.

I can still appreciate the GTA IV story and Niko as a character, but i just want something different this time.

Last edited by Gui; 11-02-2011 at 09:24 PM..
Gui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #5
m0j0NL
Newbie Member

m0j0NL is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup, i agree.

In my daily life i have to be a good guy, when i play a game i want to be something else, Be it a race driver (forza 4), a dragon slayer (skyrim), a sith (old republic).

When i play GTA i want to play a criminal who enjoys running over people and getting his ____ ___ by a ____

Not a guy who apoligises for everything he does, or goes around "i zhouldnt be zoing zis".
m0j0NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #6
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
My point is, everyone has a reason to be involved in the crime world, it's got nothing to do with being "good" or "bad". No one's born a criminal. Poverty and a violent gang culture is obviously why CJ started. Niko had nowhere to go after leaving the armed forces and wanted to track down Darko. Nobody needs to be "a good guy", but they do need a decent motivation is all I'm saying.
Old 11-03-2011   #7
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Maybe you'll get to decide how the storyline goes this time round. Decide whether the protagonist does good or evil.
Old 11-03-2011   #8
RICHIECOQUI

RICHIECOQUI is on a distinguished roadRICHIECOQUI is on a distinguished roadRICHIECOQUI is on a distinguished roadRICHIECOQUI is on a distinguished road
Carl johnson was a gang member, tommy was in the mafia , cluade was a hitman working for the mafia!! was there ever a "GOOD GUY" in the gta series???
RICHIECOQUI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #9
OriginalR*

OriginalR* is on a distinguished roadOriginalR* is on a distinguished roadOriginalR* is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHIECOQUI View Post
Carl johnson was a gang member, tommy was in the mafia , cluade was a hitman working for the mafia!! was there ever a "GOOD GUY" in the gta series???
Well Vic Vance was a bit of a pussy and Niko wasn't exactly a badass either. I just hope this new guy(s) have a bit more of an edge to them.
OriginalR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #10
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_Jro View Post
Did you miss the part where the voice over goes "well, you know how it is" ?
This

How do you know this does not mean, he couldn't cope without the constant action, murder, and crime, he misses it maybe?
Old 11-03-2011   #11
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
The being nice balances out all the murdering.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #12
drozz

drozz is on a distinguished roaddrozz is on a distinguished roaddrozz is on a distinguished roaddrozz is on a distinguished road
I'm guessing it would be hard to make an evil person a protagonist. There has to be some nice to give the player something to relate to and to fight for.
drozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #13
Stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalR* View Post
and Niko wasn't exactly a badass either.
I think anyone who grew up in a warzone without dying or going insane could be called a badass.
Old 11-06-2011   #14
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Having the main character being a ruthless, mindless killer though wouldn't give any depth to a story.

It would just be I'll pay you to kill these people. Ok. Repeat.