Old 10-29-2011   #1
Moonwalker1982
Newbie Member

Moonwalker1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Random stuff happening.

I decided to play some GTA IV today, i still had my second playthrough to continue and of course to get in the mood for November 2, man i can't wait!!!! Anyway...

GTA IV continues to impress me, holy crap. I thought i had seen it all, all the little details and random shit happening, but nope. I was driving this cop car and i had damaged it alittle, nothing severe though, no smoke or anything. But for some reason the car wouldn't go any faster, as if something was blocking the acceleration.

So i rotate the camera around and i notice that something above the rear tyre is damaged, something from the car body. Exactly this is what was blocking the tyre, and that is just...DETAIL! These are the kind of things one would expect from a Forza Motorsport or Gran Turismo, but GTA too? Holy crap!

Also something else, which i've never seen in the game yet, but i read it on another forum.

Apparently it was in Bohan, a water pipe was sticking out of the ground. A man was working on it, and another man next to him had papers in his hands and telling the guy what to do.

I keep being amazed by the details of this game, even after so many hours of playtime, so i was wondering. What kind of stuff have you guys seen? And where was this....it would be a shame if i was missing out on more things, i just love things like this in a game. It's exactly what sets Rockstar apart from ANY other developer, no other game is like this when it comes to the insane attention to details and atmosphere.
Moonwalker1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #2
shegeek72
Newbie Member

shegeek72 is an unknown quantity at this point
The AI is unpredictable. As Niko was walking out of Roman's cousin's apartment in Bohan that preacher dude across the street had two guys arguing with him, calling each other names and such. I just stood there and laughed.

Another time I shot this dude outside a Cluckin' Bell who was packing, so I got his gun and money. Of course, that got people screaming and running. Waited for the police to get on my ass, but nothing happened, so I started shooting out tires of passing cars. Some would accelerate away veering all over the road, others just panicked and drove over ANYTHING, including trying to drive over my SUV! So I stole another car (taxi) and that got the cops attention for "grand theft auto"! A wild chase ensued with several wrecks until the cab was wheezing and smoking, but I outran the police! It was exhilarating! Wish I'd gotten it on video!
shegeek72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #3
adrieono
"Maybe Things Will Be Different Here..."

adrieono is on a distinguished roadadrieono is on a distinguished roadadrieono is on a distinguished road
I love when police hop into random pedestrian vehicles and chase me lol
adrieono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #4
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrieono View Post
I love when police hop into random pedestrian vehicles and chase me lol
Haha yeah like they chase you in sports cars?
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #5
Moonwalker1982
Newbie Member

Moonwalker1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by shegeek72 View Post
The AI is unpredictable. As Niko was walking out of Roman's cousin's apartment in Bohan that preacher dude across the street had two guys arguing with him, calling each other names and such. I just stood there and laughed.

Another time I shot this dude outside a Cluckin' Bell who was packing, so I got his gun and money. Of course, that got people screaming and running. Waited for the police to get on my ass, but nothing happened, so I started shooting out tires of passing cars. Some would accelerate away veering all over the road, others just panicked and drove over ANYTHING, including trying to drive over my SUV! So I stole another car (taxi) and that got the cops attention for "grand theft auto"! A wild chase ensued with several wrecks until the cab was wheezing and smoking, but I outran the police! It was exhilarating! Wish I'd gotten it on video!

Weird ain't that huh, sometimes you just shoot your gun and you get a star right away, and sometimes you can kill several people until the cops finally show up.It's also quite realistic, i guess there really aren't any cops around when it takes so long for you to get a star and vice versa.
Moonwalker1982 is offline   Reply With Quote