Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2011   #151
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty sure that was you when IV came out.

Either way, there's no point bickering and fighting. We'll know where it is set (most of us have common sense and already know) come Wednesday.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #152
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
I think Rockstar just did a google image search with the number 5 or the roman numeral V and thought the one they used looked cool. Probably figured most of us fans would try to find hidden meaning in it when in reality there most likely is none.
Old 10-28-2011   #153
Yellow_sentinel
hello there

Yellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished road
I don't think a multi million dollar company just googles randomly to find "cool things" to use in their marketing.
Yellow_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #154
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_sentinel View Post
I don't think a multi million dollar company just googles randomly to find "cool things" to use in their marketing.
When you're the logo designer, and you're trying to get inspiration, you might.
Pale2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #155
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrucci View Post
I can't stand the wave of people that flood in here GTA release time.
Then go some where else, after all it is a fan site...

The logo stands out quite a bit, but i doubt its going to be set in 1890 or DC. So far we know the codename is "rush" and that there has been numerous casting calls for characters to fit a los angeles/country side setting.
I would assume that the possibility is it could very well be set in present day during the whole economic crisis. The news over the last five years has had alot to do with california struggling. I'm thinking its going to revolve alot around some kind of shortage, alot of pissed off citizens and our protagonist will become a rags to the riches.

San andreas used the la riots for tenpenny.
Gta iv used the terrorist attack for their closed bridges.
Vice city used a hurricane and a mass drug trade that took place in the late 80s.

So far, san andreas has had the most hints and it has a lot to run off of.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #156
Sasha
Addicted Member

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Interesting that Carcer city is mentioned, let's see who can remember where this line is from.

"And in nearby Carcer city police officer Gary ******* was cleared of corruption charges"
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #157
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Interesting that Carcer city is mentioned, let's see who can remember where this line is from.

"And in nearby Carcer city police officer Gary ******* was cleared of corruption charges"
Radio report on Lips 106 after the song "Bump to the Music".

*it helps that I'm re-playing some GTA3 things on PC now
Gash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #158
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
Then go some where else, after all it is a fan site...

The logo stands out quite a bit, but i doubt its going to be set in 1890 or DC. So far we know the codename is "rush" and that there has been numerous casting calls for characters to fit a los angeles/country side setting.
I would assume that the possibility is it could very well be set in present day during the whole economic crisis. The news over the last five years has had alot to do with california struggling. I'm thinking its going to revolve alot around some kind of shortage, alot of pissed off citizens and our protagonist will become a rags to the riches.
So Los Santos and perhaps San Fiero, may make a return, bigger and better than ever...

I think that is more likely, as DC isn't much of a deviation from Liberty City really.
Old 10-29-2011   #159
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
"Lets hope all those missing witnesses turn up safe and sound!"

DC seems like a boring city, its New York with shorter buldings. Don't get me wrong, its fun to visit in person, but it seems too similar to NY but missing the atmosphere.

What happened to all the volcano talk from that poster in GTA4? Hawaii!!!
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #160
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
As a human, I can tell you with the utmost confidence that GTA V will in fact be set on Planet Earth.
Old 10-29-2011   #161
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Nu-uh.

It is going to be set on Mars, and you are going to be an ex-space marine fighting aliens and shit. With fucking laser and plasma weapons and shit. Fucking space cruisers and shit. Fucking motherfucking rocket ships and shit.

That would be so fucking cool.

No it fucking wouldn't.

>mf if that actually fucking happened

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011   #162
jejo19
Newbie Member

jejo19 is on a distinguished roadjejo19 is on a distinguished roadjejo19 is on a distinguished road
first of all to the mr "know it all'' r* never named a city by its real name other than london and any other game that i know of so the v doesn't stand for vegas
jejo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #163
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
We'll know where it is set (most of us have common sense and already know) come Wednesday.
You know for a staff member you are incredibly condescending.
Old 10-30-2011   #164
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I come here as a member before I come as staff. I'm allowed to express my opinion as much as you are, so if I don't agree with your little spiel about Washington DC, get over it.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #165
Sasha
Addicted Member

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Radio report on Lips 106 after the song "Bump to the Music".

*it helps that I'm re-playing some GTA3 things on PC now
Ten points for you!

I'm pretty excited to see the trailer, I will actually probably buy it this time around seeing as I have a job. I bought all GTAs except IV (lol thank god) and I've lost/let someone borrow and forgotten about VC and SA. I still have my original GTA III disc for both PC and PS2 though.
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote