Old 10-23-2011   #1486
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
You guys are so defensive lol.
Defensive? Nah.
Most of the replies have ~hour gaps. I don't think anyone here is losing any sleep over your epic trolling. *highfive*
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #1487
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
it's a new class, this game needed it. almost every race can be monk, and it will introduce a new tank, healer and dps role.
the talent changes are pretty huge and this changes up the game for everybody.

wow has never been all about one race or one class, it's always been a balance, and the most interesting thing to do is add a new class to the mix.

when BC came everybody said blood elves and space blueberries were LOL along with paladin/shaman available to horde/alliance, when lich king came everybody said DKs were overpowered, when cata came the goblins were a joke, but it all works out in the long run and the game goes on

of course the pandas are silly, did you see the artwork for their mount? it's a chair on a rolling ball and he meditates to make it go

personally i'm glad to see the new artwork and zone design. it looks more inspired than it has in the past. if pandas are a joke, they are going balls to the wall to make it a very entertaining joke.

haters gonna hate, but wow is the best mmo out right now and has been for the past 7 years
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #1488
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You guys are so defensive lol. Play your dumb Panda MMO and stop getting trolled by someone who doesn't like it.

Jay, I'm only talking about WoW here. I enjoy their other gmes, which is why I went to BlizzCon in the first place. That said, most of the people there were fans of WoW.

Also static that's some desperate logic bro.
I just love the fact that you're ignoring well thought out posts such as mine and just keep mentioning "lol pandas" and now you're using the old "lolo getting trolled" post.

But hey whatever, I'm not going to continue arguing about this. We'll see what happens once the expansion gets released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #1489
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Kodo's post is a well thought out one. Your implication that the fans at BlizzCon don't represent the majority of WoW fans is an assumption. Just like how my opposite opinion is based on assumptions as well. We'll see what happens. I have a negative opinion of the game but that doesn't mean I don't see the good things in it. I know it's unequalled in the MMO realm. I just can't stand that genre is all and I thought it was funny to see the reactions to it from hardcore WoW fans. You guys KNOW I don't like the game so why have a fit when I say something about it? :p

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #1490
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Kodo's post is a well thought out one. Your implication that the fans at BlizzCon don't represent the majority of WoW fans is an assumption. Just like how my opposite opinion is based on assumptions as well. We'll see what happens. I have a negative opinion of the game but that doesn't mean I don't see the good things in it. I know it's unequalled in the MMO realm. I just can't stand that genre is all and I thought it was funny to see the reactions to it from hardcore WoW fans. You guys KNOW I don't like the game so why have a fit when I say something about it? :p
...You said it yourself though, the people that attend Blizzcon are the absolute hardcore fanbase.

Whatever, I'm done with this thread! Like we said, we'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011   #1491
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
I will say that the game looked really damn nice for being on such an old engine. And as always when it comes to Blizzard, the art was amazing.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 10-24-2011   #1492
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
They need to redo the old character models! I liked the old beta humans.

And the thing is, regarding the pandarian and kinda going with Kodo's post is...
Every expansion the "hardcore fans" have had something negative to say about almost everything. There's no pleasing everyone. And while you might have seen a lot of negative reactions, it's the way it's always been. But they still continue to play it. The thing they need to realize is that it's their game and their story. I bet all those "hardcore fans" will still race change on day 1 regardless of what they said.

Personally i'm on the fence about pandarians. But the monk class looks interesting. Too bad that video from MMO-Champion (the one Jay posted) didn't show jack shit. Camera blurred or cut out on any of the parts I was interested in.
Old 10-24-2011   #1493
Piggus
Wicked Member

For sure, dude. That certainly makes sense. Sorry for being all dickish about it. >__<

Old 10-24-2011   #1494
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
They need to redo the old character models! I liked the old beta humans.
They are.

Quote:
Art Director Chris Robinson spoke on this just moments ago at the BlizzCon Open Q&A panel. It was in reply to an attendee who brought up that, in the art panel, it was explained that the pandaren model has 10 times the bone structures of the classic races, allowing for many more facial animations.

To paraphrase his statement -- which isn't too different from what I've said here on the forums before -- we absolutely plan on updating the existing models. As Chris mentioned, we want to make sure we preserve the look and feel of the original models players have come to know and love, while vastly improving their model and animation quality to be more in-line with the newer races.

We're not going to hide behind the statement that too many players will get mad if we tamper with their models, but it's a concern -- not a concern that's going to stop us from doing it, however. I want to stress as well that it's a massive undertaking to go back and do this. And to a lot of people it's something that won't be considered shiny new content. But not only do we hear the masses of players calling for this update, we really feel it's time to bring them up to par with newer models as well.

The game continues to age, but as we have no plans of slowing down on development any time in the near future, we want to keep updating and polishing it to stand the test of time (again, without sacrificing the look and feel which has brought players in over the years).
Eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Personally i'm on the fence about pandarians. But the monk class looks interesting. Too bad that video from MMO-Champion (the one Jay posted) didn't show jack shit. Camera blurred or cut out on any of the parts I was interested in.
Same, don't think I'd play a pandaren, not my taste. I don't play gnomes, dwarves, goblins or tauren. Hate em.

However.. dwarf monk? Perhaps. I might play when 4.3 comes, or I might just wait until MoP.
Old 10-24-2011   #1495
Zero
Veteran Member

Well, yeah, I knew they had plans for it. I just wish they'd hurry up! If it doesn't come within this next expansion, I give up. Same with the dance studio! I know they talked about wanting to finish that too. But, empty promises. I think they need to redo the animations too. That jump the panda did in that video, and all the jiggly animation, daaang. wuz kool.

I don't mind Tauren. As long as I'm the one playing them. Being in a tight-walled instance with a group of them SUCKS. I constantly click them instead of the target. Gnomes are stupid. Dwarves are kinda cool. With certain classes. And Goblin's aren't that bad! The 1-10 zone was fun. I'll have to see how Pandarian's casting/attacking animations are before I decide on a specific class. Though I'll probably just roll a monk.

But just thinking about how crowded the starting area is gonna be. Ugh. Especially since it'll be both factions in one area! Hope to get my fill during the beta. That way when it releases I can just level my Mage and Hunter, wait for the Panda stuff to settle down, and then create my monk.
Old 10-24-2011   #1496
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Plus I recently (about 2 months ago i think) changed server to one that is like.. the most populated EU PVE server D:

Not the best idea.. 85-90 will be fun. Lmao. I remember 80-85 on my old realm with like 1/2 the population of my current realm, it was hell.

Last time I played I was working on a Paladin, got it to 70 I think..
Old 10-25-2011   #1497
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
my dickweed team mates have started playing WoW again. good bye post-uni indie projects lolol.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011   #1498
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
RIP Deathwing, ty for your 1h mace.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shock/advanced

Last edited by aRTee; 12-20-2011 at 11:29 AM..
aRTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012   #1499
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-09-2012   #1500
aRTee
Kustom Kulture