Old 10-07-2011   #1
Necrosis
Newbie Member

Necrosis is an unknown quantity at this point
Game Performance

I got the game and I know it's just a lazy port from consoles and not really optimized but this is ridiculous.

The game lags no matter what settings I put it on, I even turned it all down to the lowest settings just to try and it still lagged, especially when I take a turn with a car it lags.

Now I'm running this on Windows 7 64 Bit, i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz, GTX 275 and 6GB RAM.

Also every driver is currently up-to-date.

I mean I know it should run better than it does on my rig, but for some reason it has lag at even the lowest of settings, the game is upgraded to the latest patch as well.

So any help?

Last edited by Necrosis; 10-07-2011 at 08:21 PM..
Necrosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011   #2
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
You checked to see if your CPU is running at normal temperatures? Programs closed down, HDD defragged etc
Old 10-09-2011   #3
AngryAmoeba
Novice Modder

AngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished roadAngryAmoeba is on a distinguished road
That sounds like abnormal behavior for that hardware. You can see my specs below, and I get fairly acceptable performance. My settings are high/very high, except the view distance and detail sliders (about 25), the traffic density slider (50), and shadow density (disabled).

Also, I used to have a GTX 275 (everything else the same), and even then performance was usually okay at 1600x900.
Deadly Wrecks car wrecks hurt, seatbelt helps
Weapon Weight weapons and ammo slow you down
Weapon Storage store weapons & ammo in safehouses
Real Reload more realistic reload model for guns
Hide Radar hide the radar & health bars for HUD-free gameplay

My specs:
Q6600 @ 3.0GHz || 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM || GeForce GTX 570 1.25GB
24" LCD @ 1920x1200 || Windows 7 Professional x64 || GTA4 v1.0.4.0
AngryAmoeba is offline   Reply With Quote