Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011   #16
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
To hear the theme from Max Payne played with that kind of action and anti-noir shit going on is like hearing the sound of god dying.

It is fucking horrendous and scary beyond imagination.
Old 09-14-2011   #17
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
You aren't meant to see sunlight in a Max Payne game.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #18
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #19
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Even though it's a fanmade you could make it the official Art no problem.
Old 09-15-2011   #20
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Trailer was alright. Despite the setting change, the visual look, and Remedy not developing it, I honestly think that the game has potential to still be a good one. Maybe not as much as its predecessors, but still good nonetheless. Until it releases, I'll just remain cautiously optimistic though.
Old 09-26-2011   #21
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
Quote:
MegaGames

Max Payne 3 Will Be True To Max Payne Fundamentals

Max Payne 3 Will Be True To Max Payne Fundamentals.

News about a baldy-beardy protagonist and a cover system for the first time in the series have alarmed hardcore Max Payne that the upcoming Max Payne 3 might not be the sequel they’ve been waiting for since the release of Max Payne 2 in October 2003.

Rockstar VP of product development Jeronimo Barrera listened to the community’s concerns and assured them that there is nothing to worry about as the new sequel will be faithful to the series’ key features.

“While we've revealed the setting as São Paulo, the game stays true to all the fundamentals of the first two games, from the noir themes and visuals to James McCaffrey's iconic voice-over and even a version of the graphic-novel-style panels,” he said.

Max Payne 3 is being developed by Sparkle Motion, but Remedy – the developer of the first two titles in the series – was consulted early on to ensure that the game’s direction was set correctly. “Staying true to each core element of Max was always a major focus, and that's actually something that we discussed with Remedy during development, and they've been extremely supportive of our work.”

Max Payne 3’s story will take place over a few weeks, as opposed to Max Payne 1 & 2 whose events unfolded in a single night each.

Berrerra confirmed that Max will visits “some familiar locations” in Max Payne 3, but refused to give more details.
Feel a bit better about it now
Old 09-26-2011   #22
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
That relieves a little bit of my worries, glad to have seen that.

Hopefully the same is true of the next Hitman.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011   #23
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGF View Post
Hopefully the same is true of the next Hitman.
Agent 47's new voice SUCKS, but I'm hoping that's a holder for now, the graphics on Hitman look brilliant, we were shown the PS3 version and got a good look at the new menu layout (Yes, that's changed to, it looks nothing like the old games) and then we got to watch a playthrough of the first mission.

The first mission was too action-y for my taste, but the later parts when Agent 47 was sneaking out of the apartments in a cop uniform and having to look AWAY from the police as he went down the stairs and into the lift, etc, seemed a lot closer to the old game style, right down to him leaving the building and walking across the street to a train station (which by the way, the new crowd system is amazing, there were soo many peds on screen we actually lost sight of Agent 47 when the camera pulled back).

Eagle Vision is unneeded, the effect is cool as all the sound FX drowns out and you hear vinyl crackles and the picture goes all grainy as it highlights a path an enemy will be taking, but for a Hitman game, it still seems out of place.

Graphics, it takes a lot from Kane & Lynch 2, now, before you bad mouth that, the atmosphere and effect used to depict Shanghai were some of the best any game has done this generation, so it's good those effects are being used here without the YouTube filter, and just soo many small effects like dust falling on Agent 47's suit staying there, and wet patches from the rain, etc.
Old 10-06-2011   #24
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Rather than quote the whole article just link it Here
Old 10-07-2011   #25
Ash_735

This is getting rather confusing now, if I'm honest, the Max Payne 3 shown in 2009 was scrapped, because all these things Rockstar keep announcing, I mean, I've read that the Comics are now back, but moderised as a sort of Motion Comic that blends into In-Game Models, which, actually sounds kind of cool. All the original complaints about no James McCaffrey, No Comics, No New York, Less Noir feeling, etc, have been toned down a lot, the Brazil stuff still seems out of place, but the New York stuff I've read about, such as one of the levels where Max has to escape his apartment by the block rooftop which is covered in Snow, etc, sounds a lot closer to the game I remember.

And then we have videos like this where a good chunk of the Remedy Team actually gave input advice and direction to Rockstar on the game:
Old 10-07-2011   #26
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I agree Ash, it's gotten to the point where I am actually looking forward to this game.
Old 10-07-2011   #27
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
I'm still extremely mixed about how to feel about this upcoming one.

I cannot believe it has been 8 years since the last Max Payne, 8 years... Seems like only yesterday I was psyched about a Max Payne 2 in the works. Fuck.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #28
victim

After the recent Gameplay Video (they did the same things with L.A. Noire and Red Dead, the dude has a voice which makes me want to buy things), I have to say my opinion of this game has changed almost entirely from what it started out with. Even though it's Max Payne and they're changing the direction somewhat, this game looks really good.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...ies-video.html
Old 11-20-2011   #29
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
James McCaffrey is actually back now, I guess Rockstar done a U-Turn when they got all that negative feedback from the original preview, from that they've also added flashback sections which feature Max with hair. But yeah, worried, ditching the comic books and noir feeling was quite daft, but the biggest insult has to be them shoving Cover Based Shooting into the game, Max Payne 1 and 2 were more akin to the keyboard and Mouse style gameplay and it worked well, instead, with Max Payne 3 we get an overused cliche of this generation.
Bullet time and slow mo are overused just as much as cover and to this day they're still fun gameplay mechanics.

In every shooter you will eventually take cover when health gets low, does it really matter if you're facing a wall (MP 1/2) or if your back is against it?
Old 11-21-2011   #30
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
After the recent Gameplay Video (they did the same things with L.A. Noire and Red Dead, the dude has a voice which makes me want to buy things), I have to say my opinion of this game has changed almost entirely from what it started out with. Even though it's Max Payne and they're changing the direction somewhat, this game looks really good.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...ies-video.html
I agree, they really secured my loyalty with this video.