Old 09-06-2011   #1
Philie*RST
Newbie Member

Philie*RST is on a distinguished roadPhilie*RST is on a distinguished roadPhilie*RST is on a distinguished road
HELP! game stutter and freeze

I installed my game, it worked perfect on my pc but ive since got rid and opted for a laptop,
I installed the game and tried playing it but turn it off before i can even get to the door as is freezing and stuttering.

what could be the problem?

spec of laptop below, any help would be great and thanks

Processor
type : Intel® Core™ i7-740QM Processor
clock speed : 1.73 / 2.93 Turbo GHz
Front Side Bus : 1333 MHz
3rd level cache : 6 MB

System memory
standard : 4,096 (2,048 + 2,048) MB
maximum expandability : 8,192 MB
technology : DDR3 RAM (1,066 MHz)

Hard disk
capacity : 500 GB
drive rotation : 5,400 rpm

Graphics adaptor
type : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 350M with CUDA™ technology
memory : 1,024 MB dedicated VRAM. Available graphics memory can be expanded using system memory, through TurboCache™ technology: up to 2,781 MB with 4 GB system memory installed, and up to 4,096 MB with 8 GB system memory, (with pre-installed 64-bit operating system).
memory type : DDR3 Video RAM (resp. Video RAM and system memory combined)
connected bus : PCI Express®

also to mention black ops and sims 3 work fine also i not very good with computers tech etc so please try keep ansers simple lol

again thanks in advance and great site
Philie*RST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Right Click on Desktop > Nvidia Control Panel > Help (Tab on top of window) > System Information

Tell me the Driver version.

Also, what resolution are you running the game at?
Old 09-06-2011   #3
Philie*RST
Newbie Member

Philie*RST is on a distinguished roadPhilie*RST is on a distinguished roadPhilie*RST is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Right Click on Desktop > Nvidia Control Panel > Help (Tab on top of window) > System Information

Tell me the Driver version.

Also, what resolution are you running the game at?

hi thanks for the reply

its version 257.35

res - 1366 x 768 (native) tht sound right that what it says on the NVIDIA control pannel not sure if it changes with the game?

cheers again
Philie*RST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #4
Twiztid ICP
JRB

Twiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enough
Philie*RST; You can always check to see what resolution you're running at ingame by going into options>graphics

Only thing I can think of is that your drivers aren't up to date. All your specs are good enough to play the game (I too run on a laptop and it runs fine)
Twiztid ICP is offline   Reply With Quote