Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011   #1
bcraw44
Newbie Member

bcraw44 is on a distinguished roadbcraw44 is on a distinguished roadbcraw44 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation GTA IV requirements meet my computer's?

Hey, Just need to know before I purchase this game if my computer will run it without legging or being over all just crappy as hell.

Here's the info I have.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
System Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario
System Model: AU194AA-A2L CQ5123F
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v.600PG
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2CPUs), ~2.5Ghz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page file: 2242MB used, 5925MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

NameL Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
DAC TypeL Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 256 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic Non-PnP Monitor

Main Driver: igdumd64.dll,igdumdx32
Version: 8.15.10.1912
Date: 11/09/2009 5:04:56 PM
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
DDO Version: 9Ex
Driver Model: WDDM 1.0
bcraw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Trust me on this, you will have a horrible, absolutely gut wrenching horrible time trying to run GTA IV.

Not sure if you even meet the required Shader Pixel version, regardless the performance will be sub-par versus the quality you can expect.
Old 09-05-2011   #3
bcraw44
Newbie Member

bcraw44 is on a distinguished roadbcraw44 is on a distinguished roadbcraw44 is on a distinguished road
Yea? Can you tell me why? Like what do I need to upgrade to have awesome game play. Like as smooth as San Andreas runs on my computer now.
Old 09-06-2011   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Assuming you will be playing at 1024x768

The CPU / Processor should do fine at this resolution.

Now. GPU / Graphics Card: This is the most important. Considering that Intel Integrated card you have is basically a stop gap measure when you have no regular graphics card in the system.

First step here is to tell me if your going to swap out the card on your own, or if your going to let a PC Repair service or Compaq upgrade it.

If your going to do it, you need to know a few things before considering which card to get.
  • Motherboard Interface: Do I have PCI-E or do I have AGP? This is important, this is the slot that will connect the graphics card to the motherboard and basically allow it to function.
  • How many Power connectors does this graphics card need, if any? Do I have 2x 8Pin connectors? Or 2x 6Pin?
  • Can the 12+V Rails deliver enough Amperage to make sure it can function properly?

This is the basics of what you consider when getting a GPU. Most people skip the Last bit when they have a sufficiently powerful PSU / Power Supply Unit. If it's not however, you will have instability.

Now, if your under warranty you better leave this to them. If not, opening up the case and doing a bit of inspecting is in order.

Using google you can find pictures of: The PCI-E / AGP Interface, what a 6-Pin / 8 Pin connector looks like. The PSU usually has all that power related information printed on the side of the case. Needless to say keep the system powered down before tinkering inside it.

All the above information is present when you go buying graphics cards, either online or on the packaging at the store.

--

Or, you should consider using SiSoftware Sandra. The free to use version is powerful enough to detect the Motherboard make along with the interface you have. That would leave you with finding out how powerful your PSU is.
Old 09-06-2011   #5
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Don't even try it on that system, I use to run GTA4 on AMD Dual Core X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz, 2GB DDR ram, and 320MB 8800 GTS, and only managed to get around 15 - 22fps

GTA4 uses a whole different game engine then the past GTA's so its alot harder on performance.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #6
bcraw44
Newbie Member

Thanks guys, I think it'd be a better idea to just buy a gaming system. More expensive, But better for the play I'm looking for none the less.