Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011   #1
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow The Lost Music of Grand Theft Auto IV

THE LOST MUSIC OF
As with any other major video game production, there are things that are added and then somehow removed at various dates between development start and end, and Grand Theft Auto IV is no exception, here we are looking at an essential staple of the series, the Radio Content, going over old notes and information dating way back before Grand Theft Auto IV's release, this post is a collection of songs that were confirmed by various sources to appear on the games Radio Dial, but did not, and thanks to the PC version of the game we are also able to check out the ZiT listings, which reveal even more tracks that were supposed to appear in the game, and later, the DLC, so here are the songs which are pretty much The Lost Music of Grand Theft Auto IV:

Pre Grand Theft Auto IV release
These are songs that were confirmed by various magazine articles and license registrations by Rockstar for use in an upcoming game, other songs that were licensed did appear in the game:
Quote:
"Sucker M.C.'S" by Run-DMC
"Restless" by UNKLE feat. Josh Homme
"Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani
"They Say Vision" by Res
"Junior Kickstart" by The Go! Team
"Burn It All Down" by VHS or Beta
"Shit Is Real, Pt. III" by Fat Joe
"How About Some Hardcore" by M.O.P.
“Downtown Swinger” by M.O.P.
"Love" by Louis La Roche
Grand Theft Auto IV
The following songs are listed in the ZiT archive in the games default american.gxt file, these are songs that were cut closer to the end of development:
Quote:
Liberty Rock Radio 97.8
"Fingerprint File" by The Rolling Stones

Radio Broker
"One Week of Danger" by The Virgins
"Fly the Fly" (Holy Fuck Remix) by Celebration

The Vibe 98.8
"Me & U" by Cassie
The DLC contains even more listings than the default game, many of these songs were placeholders until other songs were settled on for the DLC instead, all songs listed were found in the ZiT archive of the american.gxt file:
Quote:
Liberty Rock Radio 97.8
"Ride with Me" by Steppenwolf
"Bombers" by Tubeway Army
"Changin' Times" by Nazareth
"Hot and Nasty" by Black Oak Arkansas
"Release the Beast" by Breakwater
"Private World" by New York Dolls
"Long Train Runnin'" by The Doobie Brothers
"Lawyers, Guns and Money" by Warren Zevon
"In a Broken Dream" by Python Lee Jackson feat. Rod Stewart
"(I Know) I'm Losing You" by Rare Earth
"Day of the Eagle" by Robin Trower
"The Stroke" by Billy Squier
"Hey Baby" by Ted Nugent
"Born to Be Wild" by The Cult
"Motorcycle" by Love and Rockets
"Ace of Spades" by Motörhead
"The Trooper" by Iron Maiden
"Kickstart My Heart" by Mötley Crüe
"Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest

Radio Broker
"Calypso" by Blonde Acid Cult
"Quick and Painful" by Free Blood
"Porgie & Bess (Big Booty Girls)" by The Carps
"Veronica Belmont" by The Carps
"Shame" by TK Webb & The Visions
"Consumption Junction" by Scissors for Lefty
"Nightlife" by The Soft Pack
"Same Shirt" by Foxylane
"Give Me Your Head" by Kudu
"Half-Full Glass of Wine" by Tame Impala
"Knifeman" by The Bronx
"Vicious" by Lou Reed

Jazz Nation Radio 108.5*
"Fine and Mellow" by Billie Holiday
*Originally was going to receive additional content in this DLC but was dropped near the start

This section will also cover "Episodes from Liberty City", again, all song listings found from ZiT archive from the games american.gxt file:
Quote:
K109
"I Love the Nightlife (Disco Round)" by Alicia Bridges
"My Forbidden Lover" by Chic
"Never Can Say Goodbye" by Gloria Gaynor
"Disco Nights (Rock-Freak)" by GQ
"Let's Start the Dance" by Hamilton Bohannon
"Let's All Chant" by Michael Zager Band
"Funtime" by Peaches & Herb
"I Love Music" by The O'Jays
"Turn the Beat Around" by Vicki Sue Robinson

Vice City FM
"Imagination" by Belouis Some
"Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run)" by Billy Ocean
"Everyday Is like Sunday" by Morrissey
"Lean on Me" by Club Nouveau
"Time (Clock of the Heart)" by Culture Club

Self-Actualization FM
"Monument" by Erik Wøllo
"You (1st Impression)" by Pete Namlook
"Voice of the Earth" by Spacetime Continuum
"Autumn Leaves (Irresistable Force Mix Trip 2)" by Coldcut
"Masato Eternity" by System 7
"My Beautiful Blue Sky" by Moby

Last edited by Ash_735; 08-31-2011 at 10:10 PM..
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #2
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Aww, some of those songs on the list are great, I wish they made it into the game... I hate to admit, a lot of the GTAIV soundtrack wasn't to my liking. Just a handful of songs were really great, and some of the ones from this list would've made it much better.

Turn the Beat Around
Long Train Runnin'
The Ace of Spades
Ride With Me
Breaking the Law
Fingerprint File
Hell, even Hollaback Girl would've been a good addition.
Old 09-01-2011   #3
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Haha I couldn't picture GTA with hollaback girl. I was suprised that John Farnham was on Vice City FM, I wouldn't have thought I could enjoy a cop chase while listening him But it fit right in..
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011   #4
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Wasn't there also an Akon song that didn't make it in? I remember there being a news post about the song but I never heard it in-game.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011   #5
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
But I have to admit I am so gay for the Ballad of Gay Tony music. I've extracted Vlad FM and some of the others, going to put them on a CD... might ask the guy who runs a gay bar I frequent to play it since I'm so sick of hearing Lady Gaga on repeat for 4 hours :p
Old 09-05-2011   #6
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Nice post Ash.

Wasn't there talk of an Airbourne song before release? I can't remember the name.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #7
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
WHAT!? MORRISSEY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN BALLAD OF GAY TONY!?
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #8
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I couldn't find the song name but here's two posts about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Update, added news of Airbourne.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Don't forget Airbourne, they were "confirmed" to be on the sound track too, even the bands manager told me they were in negociations, I guess they fell through.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #9
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I didn't forget about them, but since I never got a confirmed actual song, I left them off the pre-list, as for the Akon song "I'm So Fly" that actually appeared on GTA IV Green Lantern CD as an extra track, so it was included somewhere.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote