Old 06-20-2011   #1
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
GTA V possible 2012 release

According to sources close to Rockstar, the next GTA development is well underway and a 2012 release is pretty likely.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6320305...pstory%3Btitle

Quote:
Saying that Rockstar Games is working on a new Grand Theft Auto game isn't exactly a bold prediction. However, sources close to the Take-Two Interactive subsidiary have confirmed to GameSpot that the next installment in the blockbuster series is "well under way" and is already having final touches such as minigames being applied to it. The sources said a 2012 release was "pretty likely," adding that the game's scale was vast.

"It's the big one," they said.

Unfortunately, the sources would not divulge any further details on the project, which is already the subject of much speculation. A recent set of casting calls from a talent agency point to the game as being set in a Los Angeles-like metropolis, with a motley crew of California characters being filled for a voice-over session. Prior rumors had the game being set in the Miami clone Vice City.

As of press time, Rockstar reps did not have any comment on casting calls, the game's setting, or whether a new GTA was even in development.

Wherever the next GTA is set, it will have some big shoes to fill. Its predecessor, Grand Theft Auto IV, was a massive success for Rockstar and Take-Two. As of March 2011, the game had sold nearly 20 million copies, placing it among the top-selling games of all time. Its forebearer, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, sold more than 12 million units globally, with its domestic 9.8 million-unit haul putting it in NPD's top 10 US best sellers of the 2000s.
Old 06-20-2011   #2
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds about right. You can tell because hype has been building and that doesn't just happen for no reason. Rockstar have been known to be a little creative with marketing ploys and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they leaked the actor and character info on purpose (ala the deepthroat scandal before IV).
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #3
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Kotaku has picked up the story promising to update if they get any word from rockstar.

Kotaku
Old 06-21-2011   #4
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
Los Santos? The only way they can go back there is if they do all of San Andreas

Anyway, being 4(?) years in development on an existing engine, wouldn't you expect it to be far along?
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #5
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt__jon View Post
Los Santos? The only way they can go back there is if they do all of San Andreas
I disagree. I felt San Andreas did not spend enough time dedicating itself to any one city and a lot of them (especially San Fierro and Venturas) ended up feeling rushed and pointless. A full return to any one of these cities on the current generation -- making them larger, more realistic and modern -- is doable in my opinion.

Los Santos was a ridiculously designed city. It was pretty much split in two section, one poor and one rich, although you could zoom between both sections in under a minute. I would love for them to do the city properly.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #6
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Well supposedly they were supposed to release some info at E3 this year, look how that turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt__jon View Post

Anyway, being 4(?) years in development on an existing engine, wouldn't you expect it to be far along?
No way. Los Angeles is pretty damn big. If they went the more realistic approach, which of course they'll do, then we'll have quite a playground on our hands.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD

Last edited by cyrix; 06-21-2011 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #7
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Let's not forget, Rockstar San Diego and Team Bondi have both recently done LA. Midnight Club LA and it's expansion pack South Central LA near enough include a well thought out and near realistic LA.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011   #8
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
There has to be some sort of news about the next title coming soon. It just seems an awful long time and still not a word. I have no idea what their development cycle consists of. At a minimum, I venture, they would have started the initial phases of the next release after TBOGT hit stores. I'm just spitballing on this of course. I would be surprised if the summer passes completely without any news about the next GTA title.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011   #9
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
What? LA? Fucking shit, I was really hoping for a large scaled San Francisco(personally) or Miami(like every other guy, duh). If those rumors turn up true (which they hardly ever do), no gripes here. Hopefully V (if it will actually be called that, even) will give me the gaming boost IV failed to give me. No diss against IV, I knew at the time it was a fresh engine R* was working with. I just felt something different. Was just me. Probably because I got it on 360 (had no PS3 at the time), and I'd played every single GTA up to that point on PS1/PS2.

I really don't care when we get the next official news. I'm just excited now knowing absolutely nothing about it. Just knowing it is/has been in the works really excites me. IMO, that is the funnest part about a new GTA release, the unknown. Once again like with IV, didn't know anything about it, then the first official teaser trailer, then well... kinda... lost some excitement...

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011   #10
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I think it's pretty simple, PS1 to PS2 were really goot advancements in technology, no doubt and disrespect that PS2 to PS3 is either. But let's say you grew up with PS1 and PS2 like me, PS2 managed to offer a lot more in terms of gameplay advancements, graphics, features and the like.

PS3/360 only expanded on that if you ask me, there wasn't much new, just better. New engine and new direction with IV and it seems to lose a sense of awe in my opinion. Each GTA had a very distinct gameplay style and IV lost that with it's approach to realism. I honestly like the new direction and I think it can mix the best of GTA III and the new realism element. TBoGT hinted that R* can achieve that.
Old 07-10-2011   #11
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
I think it's pretty simple, PS1 to PS2 were really goot advancements in technology, no doubt and disrespect that PS2 to PS3 is either. But let's say you grew up with PS1 and PS2 like me, PS2 managed to offer a lot more in terms of gameplay advancements, graphics, features and the like.

PS3/360 only expanded on that if you ask me, there wasn't much new, just better. New engine and new direction with IV and it seems to lose a sense of awe in my opinion. Each GTA had a very distinct gameplay style and IV lost that with it's approach to realism. I honestly like the new direction and I think it can mix the best of GTA III and the new realism element. TBoGT hinted that R* can achieve that.

The jump from top-down to 3d was a huge one, and a game changer indeed. I can see how ps2 to 3 was more of an improvement than an overhaul.
Pale2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011   #12
pypeWrify
Newbie Member

pypeWrify can only hope to improve
ok

ok
pypeWrify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #13
Tushiecakes
Newbie Member

Tushiecakes is on a distinguished roadTushiecakes is on a distinguished roadTushiecakes is on a distinguished road
I'd really like to see a fresh new city that hasn't been created yet...would be nice if they added more weather such as snow.
Tushiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011   #14
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
I'm starting to think they're working on this thing for next generations consoles...

I agree though, being kept in the dark is more exciting, but it gives us too much time to think of what it could be, and like you said, when you first see the new game, you're like "oh, thats it?"
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote