Old 08-14-2011   #1
TwinZulu

TwinZulu is on a distinguished roadTwinZulu is on a distinguished roadTwinZulu is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Reallllly need help i cant live

ok so at one point in GTA 4 and EFLC (1.1.2.0 the game would not launch when i log in to RGSC. so I tried to figure out what the f##k was going on so it turned out it was dsound.dll that was not working so i tried xlive.dll but this launched the game but no mods work.
are there any other asi loaders?
can anyone help?
does anyone else have this problem?
plz plz help thanks
TwinZulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #2
danjako43

danjako43 is on a distinguished roaddanjako43 is on a distinguished roaddanjako43 is on a distinguished roaddanjako43 is on a distinguished roaddanjako43 is on a distinguished road
lol, you do realize like the first 9 posts/comments are by you, right (by TwinZulu lol)?

Trust me bro, GTA IV modding community forum (wouldn't say community because there are alot of modders churning out mods still, but the modders don't communicate frequently to share ideas and such) is deader than the surface of Mars...or the surface of the sun. Good thing IGN is raving to bring GTA IV modding back, because, tbh, NOW is the golden age of modding, even with most of the modders already slitting their wrists are jumping off cliffs (dead).

Only like 1 person who knows alot about modding comes to see a GTA 4 modding forum once per year or something.

You might have better luck going on at the gtaforums site, even then, I doubt that's any much livelier than here.

Regarding your problem, have you tried fresh install and ONLY applying xliveless.dll? xliveless.dll is your ONLY file needed to do ANY modding in GTA IV. I know that before the golden age of GTA IV modding, you need dsound.dll and filecheck.dll or whatever, I mean, back then, modding was dirtier than a rat hole. Now, all you need is JUST xliveless (latest version of course). installing xliveless.dll AND dsound.dll may cause conflicts. I don't know, I never tried it before, but i know i only have xliveless.dll and my game works with wonderful mods.

I pity the modders or soon-to-be modders who come to these forums expecting help and getting none. The modding community for GTA IV is like a mute man with no ears. It churns out mods, you either like it or you don't, if you have a problem, so sorry, can't halp, because most of the community just upload mods and go offline forever.

Last edited by danjako43; 08-15-2011 at 12:54 AM..
danjako43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #3
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
At this point any other GTA forum on the planet is more lively than this place.
Old 08-15-2011   #4
TwinZulu

TwinZulu is on a distinguished roadTwinZulu is on a distinguished roadTwinZulu is on a distinguished road
ok thank u for trying help yes i have tried uninstalling the game and stuff like that. so i will try other forums thanks oh and yes alot of the answers were by me cos i was bored
Old 08-16-2011   #5
Rotton

Rotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enoughRotton will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by danjako43 View Post
lol, you do realize like the first 9 posts/comments are by you, right (by TwinZulu lol)?

Trust me bro, GTA IV modding community forum (wouldn't say community because there are alot of modders churning out mods still, but the modders don't communicate frequently to share ideas and such) is deader than the surface of Mars...or the surface of the sun. Good thing IGN is raving to bring GTA IV modding back, because, tbh, NOW is the golden age of modding, even with most of the modders already slitting their wrists are jumping off cliffs (dead).

Only like 1 person who knows alot about modding comes to see a GTA 4 modding forum once per year or something.

You might have better luck going on at the gtaforums site, even then, I doubt that's any much livelier than here.

Regarding your problem, have you tried fresh install and ONLY applying xliveless.dll? xliveless.dll is your ONLY file needed to do ANY modding in GTA IV. I know that before the golden age of GTA IV modding, you need dsound.dll and filecheck.dll or whatever, I mean, back then, modding was dirtier than a rat hole. Now, all you need is JUST xliveless (latest version of course). installing xliveless.dll AND dsound.dll may cause conflicts. I don't know, I never tried it before, but i know i only have xliveless.dll and my game works with wonderful mods.

I pity the modders or soon-to-be modders who come to these forums expecting help and getting none. The modding community for GTA IV is like a mute man with no ears. It churns out mods, you either like it or you don't, if you have a problem, so sorry, can't halp, because most of the community just upload mods and go offline forever.
Yeah......seems all like that, and getting a responce out this place is well.........frustrating to say the least

However, I have found alot of resources here that has lead me to good modders, but the best place it took me to to meet good 3d modlers was youtube
Rotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #6
TwinZulu

NO 1 CAN SOLVE MY PROBLEM !!!!!!!