Old 08-08-2011   #1
ConfusedModder
Mr.Bellic

ConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enough
Urgent: GTA: IV Will Not Launch!

Good evening.

I am experience a major compication with Grand Theft Auto: IV When I click: 'Play Game' the introductory screen does not load. Instead, a prompt screen containing the lettes 'G' and 'R' are displayed. I was utterly shocked by this because just yesterday, I attepted to download and it was unsuccessful. Today, the game fully downloaded and installed as it should have. I fear that this is an extreme problem. may I ask, if I must download, install and utilize 'Stream'? I have also downloaded: ' Windows Media Encoder Series 9', as I am operating with a Windows 7 64-bit laptop. I am without a conclusion as to what to do. If anybody could help with a diagnostic check, I would be greatful. I really wish to begin playing the game and to start modding. Thank you very much.
ConfusedModder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
You mean Steam?

Unless your copy of the game is bought from Steam, then you don't need it.

Also, any chance you could post a screenshot of the error?
Old 08-08-2011   #3
ConfusedModder
Mr.Bellic

ConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enoughConfusedModder will become famous soon enough
Oh, excuse me yes, I meant 'Steam' I apologize for that. I regret to say that it is a prompt screen, therefore I do not believe it is possible to transfer that here. However, I can try to draw a "mental map" of the error screen, should this prove to be of assistance.

--------------------
R
--------------------
G

It is to the effect of the above. It look as if it is something to do with script reading. I am personally unsure.
ConfusedModder is offline   Reply With Quote