Join Date: Jul 2011
[HowTo]Downgrade of the steamversion of GTAIV to 18.104.22.168
As the version 22.214.171.124 of GTAIV is the most supported version by modders, however there is no simple solution to downgrade the steamversion properly, that is automatically on 126.96.36.199, here is a manual to get steamusers as well into the pleasure of using iCEnhancer for example with all its features.
Do all steps as I wrote here and you are good to go. The most mistakes come from users that did not read properly!
As usual when working on your gamedata make a backup of your GTAIV!
This is an updated and corrected version of an existing downgrade-manual posted here.
Downgrade-Manual for all steamusers with a version of GTAIV above 188.8.131.52:
Attention: You have to start GTAIV at least one single time through steam and let it install. After one full start of GTAIV you can begin with this manual.
1. Start Steam, open your Library, right-click on "Grand Theft Auto IV" and click on Properties. Move to the tab "Updates" and change the given option to "Do not automatically update this game".
2. Download the 184.108.40.206-Patch; for example from here: Click and install it. If an error occurs during the installation you can use this archive that contains the patch as well. Just merge the content of the archive with your GTAIV-Mainfolder and overwrite everything.
3. Download the "Rockstar Social Group Tool" (RGSG): Click, but DO NOT install it!
4. Change the name of your "GTAIV"-Folder (X:\(...)\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV) to something else than "GTAIV". This is important, because otherwise you will have to reinstall GTAIV and start all over again.
5. Now install the RGSG-Tool. It creates a new "GTAIV"-folder with the Tools components in "X:\(...)\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\". Should the installations be stopped by an error, download this archive: Click
The archive contains the installed RGSG-Tool.
6. Copy the content of this new created "GTAIV"folder (X:\(...)\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV) into your old "GTAIV"-folder, that you renamed before.
7. Erase the "GTAIV"-folder of the RGSG-Tool and rename your old "GTAIV"-folder with its gamecontent back to "GTAIV". The folder should still be in "X:\(...)\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\".
8. That's it. As long as you do not have rests of incompatible mods (Xliveless- and ScriptHook-user go on reading after this), GTAIV should now rund perfectly in version 220.127.116.11. It is always the best method to start without mods and then reenabling one for one, until everything is fine.
When using Xliveless (Asi-Loader) the menu-texts disappear:
To fix this follow this steps:
1. Download this "fonts.zip": Click
2. Open the folder "X:\(...)\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV\common\data" and copy the files "fonts.dat" and "fonts_r.dat" as a backup to any other folder.
3. Copy both files that are contained in the "fonts.zip" to the folder "X:\(...)\Steam\SteamApps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV\common\data" and overwrite the existing ones.
4. That's it.
Note: "fonts.dat" is obviously for the western alphabet, while "fonts_r.dat" may is the equivalent file for cyrillic symbols (if you are playing in russian for example).
For all users of ScriptHook:
The newest ScriptHook.dll-version may not work properly with 18.104.22.168 and lead to crashes, so do as following:
1. Download this ScriptHook.dll-version: Click
2. Download the recent version of .Net Script Hook (I have tested with 1.7 Beta and it worked): Click
3. Copy the "ScriptHookDotNet.asi" and the folder "scripts" from the .zip-file of the .Net Script Hook into your GTAIV main directory. You do not need the also contained "ScriptHook.dll" as it does not work properly with 22.214.171.124.
4. Now copy the other "ScriptHook.dll" from the "GTAIVScriptHook_0.4.0_Redist.zip" into your GTAIV main directory. This one should work perfectly.
5. Finished. Now your mods and *.asi-files should work as usual if they require ScriptHook.
If GTAIV crashes with ICEnhancer:
Simply turn off programs that conflict with the "d3d9.dll" of iCEnhancer, like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner and so on. That should do it.
Last edited by moonrail; 07-22-2011 at 07:38 AM..
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)|