Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Troubleshooting & Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2011   #1
mangolais
Newbie Member

mangolais is an unknown quantity at this point
Question annoying niko going faster and faster when getting off car

Hello, i bought gta 4 some weeks ago and i have a very strange issue.

my game version is 1.0.4.0 and my laptop runs the game well .

Imagine that you are riding a car in a very big road at a very fast speed, for example a comet, and suddenly you click the "F" button to leave the car. Niko falls out of the car , and bounces trough the road, he doesnt stop bouncing untill he hits a wall or something, i uploaded a vid(30seconds) showing this problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV-JUe7-tOY

On the seconds 16 to 20 ( when i leave the car) you can notice that niko is actualy going ahead of the car, the car slows down and niko keeps bouncing on the road.
Now look at seconds 27 to 30 you can notice that niko stops a bit cuz of a step and suddenly starts going faster again.

I hope you understand what i mean. Why is this happening? im using mods like realism iv, 100 car pack, simple native trainer . I reinstalled it and tried it without mods and the same thing happens , it is from the game itself.

Can anyone help me fix this please?
Best regards.
mangolais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011   #2
Spidereon

Spidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished roadSpidereon is on a distinguished road
I never seen something like this before, so I'd suggest you could try upgrading to 1.0.7.0 and give that a try.
Spidereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011   #3
Girish
teh sex...!!

Girish is on a distinguished roadGirish is on a distinguished road
Reinstall the game, delete all files from the Settings folder and update with patch 7.

Settings folder located at:
Windows XP SP3 - C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings
Windows Vista - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings
Windows 7 - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings
Girish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011   #4
mangolais
Newbie Member

I will try, I also got a ragdoll mod, i think that could be the problem , i really don't know, tomorow the first thing i will do is :

- uninstall gta 4
- make sure all folders related to gta 4 are deleted,
- patch to 1.0.4.0
- run the game without mods

if these don't solve the problem il look forward to patch to 1.0.7.0 and see if that does any diference ,

Thanks for reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girish View Post
Reinstall the game, delete all files from the Settings folder and update with patch 7.

Settings folder located at:
Windows XP SP3 - C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings
Windows Vista - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings
Windows 7 - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings

Can't find the settings folder, my os is windows 7 and portuguese, i didnt find any folder with the search option in C with the name gta 4 settings.

Last edited by mangolais; 07-03-2011 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 07-03-2011   #5
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Uninstall the ragdoll mode if you can first. That might be the exact issue.

Also, I think you have to allow hidden folders to be shown, which can be done via the control panel > folder options
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011   #6
mangolais
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Uninstall the ragdoll mode if you can first. That might be the exact issue.

Also, I think you have to allow hidden folders to be shown, which can be done via the control panel > folder options

Found the gta 4 settings folder , il consider uninstalling the ragdoll mode before everything else , will do tomorow, going to bed soon
Old 07-06-2011   #7
mangolais
Newbie Member

The problem is my gta simple native trainer, 6.3

I play on laptop and i downloaded the trainer for laptops, this problem started right after i tested and installed the simple native trainer, i think its something associated with grabbing or force from the trainer, i think it is some option that does this,

I didnt install the normal simple native trainer becuz i can't get that one to work.
Gta 4 isnt much fun without the simple native trainer

Thanks for reading

Best regards, mangolais
Old 07-09-2011   #8
mangolais
Newbie Member

Patched to 1.0.7.0 and it solved the problem, installled the xliveless asi loader for 1.0.7.0 to load ragdoll since the other one doesn't work , tho im having alot of crashes with my game.