Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2011   #1
Sasha
Addicted Member

Sasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud of
Motherfucking Minecraft Server

Ohai guiz

As some of you may know, I started a new Minecraft server. I won't be posting the details as it doesn't take much to view this thread, only the good trusted ones will be given the details.

I have been informed that some of you have been experiencing lag and I've been trying to pin point the problem.

So far I haven't come up with much, according to Havok there have been five people on the server at once and all have been around the same region without complaints. Given that Bear is in Canada and most of the people playing are in Ireland/UK, most not having any issues leads me to believe there it isn't some kind of latency/distance problem.

I'm quite positive nothing seems to be wrong with the server itself, there is literally nothing else going on besides system files running. There is an average of about 5-6 processes running under the user, and the server processes barely hits over the 5% CPU usage mark and using 25.7% of 1024MB. The only cause I can see fit is either a client problem, or my father is heavily torrenting. And by heavy I mean heavy, I've seeded/downloaded files at the same time as Bear and Havok have been playing and there doesn't seem to be any issue.

If anyone having issues could please post here and I can back track to the time and date that you had these issues to help pin point the problem if it's on my side.
Old 03-15-2011   #2
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
Dude, yesterday when it was just you and I on didn't you say it was using like, 500mb? I'm thinking of hosting my server again, and putting more effort into it.
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #3
Sasha
Addicted Member

Sasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud ofSasha has much to be proud of
Yea something like 400MB.

No idea why it uses so much Memory, doesn't seem to be causing any problems though. I did a bit of reading on it, as long as it doesn't run out of allocated Memory it won't cause any problems. That and when players join the RAM usage bumps up, but once they leave it doesn't go down. And the longer it stays up it slowly builds up, apparently a restart a day is necessary if you hit the maximum allocated Memory. Let's not forget this is a Beta so shit like that is expected.

How much memory did you used to have allocated and what was the most you ever saw it get up to?
Old 03-15-2011   #4
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
That means theres a memory leak in there somewhere. Someone with that much skill should surely know how to clean up after himself
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #5
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah

Skill is don't write shit in Java. Seriously
Old 03-15-2011   #6
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrucci View Post
Dude, yesterday when it was just you and I on didn't you say it was using like, 500mb? I'm thinking of hosting my server again, and putting more effort into it.
I've had less issues on this server then towards the end of your last server.

In fact I've not really experienced any issues.
Not only that but as sasha said we've had people from around the globe on without issues.

The issues some are reporting are being looked into.
Old 03-15-2011   #7
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
Edit: lol, naa just use sasha server, more convienent and he knows more about this computing shit than I do. I'll set one up for some of my goofball friends to play around on.

Last edited by Patrucci; 03-15-2011 at 04:50 PM..
Old 03-15-2011   #8
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
this minecraft u say, is it fun multiplayorz?

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #9
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
So are you guys going to have a sissy slap fight on the internet again about this? Because if so I'm staying the fuck away from this server and stick to playing solo.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #10
Patrucci

Naa, I'm just setting up a server for some friends irl. Use Sasha's, it's a new world though. imo, Sasha should use the old world on this server.
Old 03-15-2011   #11
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Why ? Most of us lost stuff because of A) Your asshole friends B) Security issues C) Fires D) Someone smashing peoples houses up.

We're better off fresh, and almost all of us have new places.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #12
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
We were thinking about it but towards the end of the maps life we started getting really bad issues because it was spreading too wide. Plus the error's we'd always get left and right with the chunks being randomly replaced XD

Cyrix, We never get into sissy fights. *pout*

Edit: JOSH! be sweet ffs.
Old 03-15-2011   #13
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
THANKS FOR THE INVITE

owait

OWAIT
Old 03-16-2011   #14
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
THANKS FOR THE INVITE

owait

OWAIT
Nothing personal.

I just completely forgot about you.
Old 03-16-2011   #15
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
THE BEAR SHOWS HIS CLAWS!