Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011   #1
Dr.Scientist
Newbie Member

Dr.Scientist is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there a 'best all around' texture/graphics mod for GTA 4?

Hi all, new here. I am thinking about starting to mod GTA 4 to make it look better. But after looking around on this site, it almost seems like there are different mods for each aspect. For example, there might be one mod that makes all the characters look better. Another might do just the cars. Another might just do the buildings, or the streets. So I wanted to stop by and ask, which one/s should I do if I want the whole thing to look better? Is there a single mod that addresses everything? Or perhaps I should download and install multiple mods to get the best effect? What would you recommend? Which ones?

I should also mention that I seem to be able to patch... only up to 1.04. It goes to 1.07... right? Well for some reason, if I patch any higher than 1.04, the game will simply never open. I can click and try every thing I know to try to get the game to start up and run, but it just won't. The fact that I am using Windows 7 64 bit might have something to do with that, I don't know.
Dr.Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #2
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
RealismIV is the best i've seen. And realismIV with ENB series. But dont go overkill with the bloom and reflection.
Old 03-05-2011   #3
Dr.Scientist
Newbie Member

Thank you sir. I was hoping that you could tell me though, what does ENB stand for? And if Realism IV is so good, why do you need ENB to go with it? Do they compliment each other or something?

Last edited by Dr.Scientist; 03-05-2011 at 12:58 AM..
Old 03-06-2011   #4
Krimzon
youtube.com/user/Krimzon6

Krimzon is on a distinguished roadKrimzon is on a distinguished roadKrimzon is on a distinguished roadKrimzon is on a distinguished road
RealizmIV gives better minor tweaks or so it says, ENB gives generally better reflections.
Krimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011   #5
Dr.Scientist
Newbie Member

Ok so neither of them really deal with textures then? Is there another one that I should use with those two, that gives better textures?
Old 03-10-2011   #6
Krimzon
youtube.com/user/Krimzon6

Krimzon is on a distinguished roadKrimzon is on a distinguished roadKrimzon is on a distinguished roadKrimzon is on a distinguished road
There is a mod on GTAgarage called Better City Textures, its quite large (4GB) and it kind of broke when I was installing it, but hey, my net is shit, you can give it a go.
Old 03-11-2011   #7
Dr.Scientist
Newbie Member

It broke after you already had it downloaded? I'm not sure I'm understanding you. Don't wanna download it if its messed up..