Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011   #1
Cleptik
Newbie Member

Cleptik is an unknown quantity at this point
Mod patches arent working - game crashes - HELP

Ok idk whats going on but my madding attemps are not working. I have modded on gta-sa before but my attempts on UV have failed. I have done a fresh install (on my 6th due to failure to work) and I have downloaded the magic patch thing and did exactly what it said twice and both times after I patched it, I loaded the game both thru social club and the launch file and the outcome is the same, the black "DOS style" box apears as usual then goes away and wont boot the game. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and tried the first patch solution listed in the help section.of this website and its telling me I have the patch already installed and when I attept to uninstall the patch it gives me a error code. I also tried the 3rd patch solution and that also completely failed and resulted in a uninstall/reinstall of gta4.i have no idea what version of gta4 I have, I cant find that info anywhere. I have read people saying to go to right click on the gtaiv.exe then properties/details. On mine there is no details tab. The only where I can click details is under the "digital signatures" tab then select the only file in the signature list, then details. Then from there I select advanced and it says "Version - V2" and the only area that has anything like what people show as version (example 1.0.1.0ect..) Is under the "Content type" part and that reads, 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.2.1.11. I have no idea what people are talking about when the metion patching the game to 1.0.2 or otherwise. I have done everything all of the tutorials have said to do and have come out empty handed. I have been messin with this for 2 days and am frustraded. Please help asap. I have found no help anywhere else. Thanks.
Cleptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011   #2
Twiztid ICP
JRB

Twiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enough
Are you installing the game from a CD, or from a Steam account?
If you're installing from a Steam account, it could come pre-patched.
(which I'm unsure of, because I've only installed it from a CD)

Also, when checking for a version number try "LaunchGTAIV" its in the same folder as the GTAIV.exe
I just checked on mine, and it says version 1.0 (which means my install has not been updated to any of the patches yet)
Twiztid ICP is offline   Reply With Quote