Old 12-23-2010   #1
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Dream Death...

Rockstar is clearly going in a more cinematic direction with their games, and LA Noire is a perfect example of that. I'm not sure if anybody else has posted about this, but I'm curious how a "dream death", instead of actually dying would work in GTA. It could possibly help R* with their film-like presentation. As soon as you die, you would just wake up somewhere, and just realize you were dreaming. R* could create different "wake-up" sequences. Imagine you just robbed a bank, but get killed right after you get the loot. You would wake up a little upset that you didn't actually get the money, but happy that you're alive, and can now pull off the real heist. There would just be some simple excuse as to why you fell asleep somewhere. Maybe you forgot you were at your girlfriend’s house, and fell asleep, or you went out drinking and passed out at a friends house, or in some alley. Imagine waking up in the middle of traffic, stopped at a green light, with a driver behind you honking their horn like crazy. You would realize you were right where you were before you started your last mission. R* could even include “critical injuries”, so there will still be reasons to wake up in hospitals occasionally, and could be used when the story requires you to move forward.

I don’t mind how the deaths are handled currently, but I just think it’s time to add something to that element of the game. Maybe I’ve been watching “Inception” too much, but I could even imagine R* messing with the player, maybe depending on what you do in the game and how you play (drugs, too many unnecessary killings etc.), sometimes you won’t know what was real or what was a dream. I’m really curious how other people feel about this crazy ish.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #2
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbeats23 View Post
Rockstar is clearly going in a more cinematic direction with their games, and LA Noire is a perfect example of that. I'm not sure if anybody else has posted about this, but I'm curious how a "dream death", instead of actually dying would work in GTA. It could possibly help R* with their film-like presentation. As soon as you die, you would just wake up somewhere, and just realize you were dreaming. R* could create different "wake-up" sequences. Imagine you just robbed a bank, but get killed right after you get the loot. You would wake up a little upset that you didn't actually get the money, but happy that you're alive, and can now pull off the real heist. There would just be some simple excuse as to why you fell asleep somewhere. Maybe you forgot you were at your girlfriend’s house, and fell asleep, or you went out drinking and passed out at a friends house, or in some alley. Imagine waking up in the middle of traffic, stopped at a green light, with a driver behind you honking their horn like crazy. You would realize you were right where you were before you started your last mission. R* could even include “critical injuries”, so there will still be reasons to wake up in hospitals occasionally, and could be used when the story requires you to move forward.

I don’t mind how the deaths are handled currently, but I just think it’s time to add something to that element of the game. Maybe I’ve been watching “Inception” too much, but I could even imagine R* messing with the player, maybe depending on what you do in the game and how you play (drugs, too many unnecessary killings etc.), sometimes you won’t know what was real or what was a dream. I’m really curious how other people feel about this crazy ish.

I was just thinking...Inception.

But yeah, R* would never do something like that.

I can't see me going on a killing spree, then waking up in an ally being like....wtf?
Old 12-26-2010   #3
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
Its an interesting idea, more realistic than being killed and magically alive at the hospital every time, although that works just fine for me. Of course, I wouldn't mind respawning just around the corner with the cops still at the scene and exacting my revenge/watching my cars chain reaction blow them to pieces.

I suppose one way of it working would be that you would wake up at the previous save/checkpoint. I think it'd be annoying to have to redo a lot of stuff, but we already have to do that now anyway, and in older GTA's you need to go find weapons again EVERYTIME unless you do reload the game. Glad they fixed that with 4.

Still, I prefer the respawn nearby, with weapons
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #4
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post

I can't see me going on a killing spree, then waking up in an ally being like....wtf?
Lol..didn't really think of that. I was just noticing how much GTA is already like a dream if you really think about it. You die, and just wake up somewhere. In GTA's case, it's a hospital, but it doesn't really make sense after the game tells you you're "WASTED". I just think the way players' die in games is still stuck in the past, while everything else is moving towards the future. Like I said though, sometimes, you could still wake up in the hospital for less than lethal reasons. I don't know why 50 cent is still alive after getting shot so many times, but I think games could be more realistic in that area. I like the way films approach this. The character dies, when/if the story calls for it.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #5
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Is the hospital thing really that much of an issue? This is a game where the main character can get launched fifty feet through a car's windshield and stand up again without finding his internal organs in his underpants. Unless you want to do away with that kind of unrealism as well, which would just make playing the game too uncomfortable to be any fun.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote