Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2010   #1
Bigbeats23

Bigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enoughBigbeats23 will become famous soon enough
Dream Death...

Rockstar is clearly going in a more cinematic direction with their games, and LA Noire is a perfect example of that. I'm not sure if anybody else has posted about this, but I'm curious how a "dream death", instead of actually dying would work in GTA. It could possibly help R* with their film-like presentation. As soon as you die, you would just wake up somewhere, and just realize you were dreaming. R* could create different "wake-up" sequences. Imagine you just robbed a bank, but get killed right after you get the loot. You would wake up a little upset that you didn't actually get the money, but happy that you're alive, and can now pull off the real heist. There would just be some simple excuse as to why you fell asleep somewhere. Maybe you forgot you were at your girlfriend’s house, and fell asleep, or you went out drinking and passed out at a friends house, or in some alley. Imagine waking up in the middle of traffic, stopped at a green light, with a driver behind you honking their horn like crazy. You would realize you were right where you were before you started your last mission. R* could even include “critical injuries”, so there will still be reasons to wake up in hospitals occasionally, and could be used when the story requires you to move forward.

I don’t mind how the deaths are handled currently, but I just think it’s time to add something to that element of the game. Maybe I’ve been watching “Inception” too much, but I could even imagine R* messing with the player, maybe depending on what you do in the game and how you play (drugs, too many unnecessary killings etc.), sometimes you won’t know what was real or what was a dream. I’m really curious how other people feel about this crazy ish.
Bigbeats23 is offline   Reply With Quote