Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2010   #16
Darkbyte001
Newbie Member

Darkbyte001 is on a distinguished roadDarkbyte001 is on a distinguished roadDarkbyte001 is on a distinguished road
I have not been on this site in years jesus, but as one who has played every grand theft auto. I think that san andreas is well overdue, there was gta 3 ( liberty city) then vice city then san andreas the liberty city stories then vice city stories then chinatown then IV, look there already was a most recent vice city which equals 2 vice city games so far there are also 2 libert city games and theres only one san andreas which means they gotta make another. It appears that each game has gotten its chance twice except for san andreas. There has to be another one and judging by that plane ticket aren't plane tickets generally considered next stops so mean thats a decent indication that the ame's next stop is San Andreas.... You all say you want vice city I disagree San ANdreas had it all mountains hills cities (cmon hollywood, las vegas, and san fran) how can you not want San ANdreas, DOnt get me wrong i love vice city but it wasnt as detailed and it didnt have all the possibilities san andreas had....
Darkbyte001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010   #17
Darkbyte001
Newbie Member

Darkbyte001 is on a distinguished roadDarkbyte001 is on a distinguished roadDarkbyte001 is on a distinguished road
Wow, I was a member on these forums for years but never was on? Anyways its seems like Vice City and San Andreas are long overdue, me personally would love to see it in San Andreas but by the looks of the series it looks as if it'll be Vice. Which makes me mad.

Last edited by Darkbyte001; 08-27-2010 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Darkbyte001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #18
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
Doing VC again would be plain stupid. Of course I'd buy it, but I wouldn't be happy with the choice of the city. And by the way you can't really say that you'd want to see what VC evolved to 30 years later. It's not the same universe. LC on the PS1 was New York like. On PS2 it was vaguely east coast, as the Housers said. On PS3 (And whatever else) it was almost a carbon copy of New York.
No, what I really think it will be is a game called GTA: New Austin. It would be VERY much like Rockstar to make Red Dead Redemption set in the very early 1900s, and then making the next GTA in the same place, just completely different. That's what I think they'll do.
I'd almost take anything over VC again. Now is their chance to make something new and different. They shouldn't re-do the old cities. It was a good idea to do LC in GTA4. Every GTA series has started there. Thus also the next-gen games has started there. Good idea. And in the words of Monty Python: ...And now for something completely different. Now they have to do something new. The time is NOW!
Actually, as I stated before, GTA: New Austin ain't a bad idea. Neither, btw, do I think that a Los Angeles based game would be bad. San Andreas was a whole state on the PS2. How about making GTA: Los Santos? That's not a bad idea either I think. Think of it: In the 3D GTA games there's not been a LA based one (Like ONLY LA). Wouldn't that be great? It's got gangs, it's got Hollywood. It's got it all man (Like London do too, but LA and New Austin is a better idea I think). It doesn't have to be the hey-homie thing like in GTA: SA. It could easily be something else. In fact, my dream would be the L.A. area in the late 60s/early 70s (With the surrounding territories of course. Never again do I want a city-only game like GTA4. It got boring after a while).
RollingStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #19
VCMobster86
One Crazy Mofo

VCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished road
I would like to see Vice City make a comeback, but a city based on Boston, Chicago or Detroit could also be interesting.
Old 12-13-2010   #20
MickeyDorfling
SanAndreasGod
Newbie Member

MickeyDorfling is on a distinguished roadMickeyDorfling is on a distinguished roadMickeyDorfling is on a distinguished road
Opinion?

I think that San Andreas would be amazing with the new graphics of 3rd generation consoles and what not, too bad I don't have an x box or ps3... So make vice city again. It'l make me less jealous
Old 12-13-2010   #21
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyDorfling View Post
I think that San Andreas would be amazing with the new graphics of 3rd generation consoles
Yeah I've always wondered how well the NES and Master System would handle GTA.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #22
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
I would prefer a more tropical setting, be it Vice City, LA, Honolulu, somewhere in the Caribbean, New Orleans. I suppose a beach setting is the word I was going for. Havana, Cancun...

And if it happened to have a volcano thats constantly flowing lava, that'd be super cool, so I guess my vote is Hawaii!

We've already had a cold climate city, LC, so please, no Chicago, Detroit, Boston, Seattle, DC, etc.

As for time period, it really doesn't matter to me, though I do like the 80's for the music.

Was it just me, or did San Andreas not "feel" like the 90's? I thought they could've done a better job on the soundtrack. Felt more like the late 90's I guess, but without the boy bands
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #23
Sean SA
Newbie Member

Sean SA is an unknown quantity at this point
Does noone else want to see a San Andreas, liberty city combination? I would love to see a return to the early 90s rap scene like in San Andreas but instead of it being a crips and bloods fued (grove street and Bala) it could be the west coast east coast fued (Los santos liberty city)
Sean SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011   #24
Him

Him will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enough
This made me in to a believer

http://www.rockstarbase.com/2011/01/...n-is-revealed/

I hope it's at least modern Vice City
Old 01-13-2011   #25
SmellyCat

SmellyCat is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't mind if VC was the next GTA. I would hope that if they did use VC again, they would have it happen during the middle, or end of the time in GTA IV. I would love to see some things tie together with VC and LC from the same time period.

Any city(s) would work me though. I've only played GTA III and up, and I enjoyed them very much.
SmellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011   #26
Tushiecakes
Newbie Member

Tushiecakes is on a distinguished roadTushiecakes is on a distinguished roadTushiecakes is on a distinguished road
I'd actually be more excited if the location was in Europe!! What city is really left to do other than redesigning the current ones... I wan't something different we haven't experienced before.
Tushiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote