Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2010   #16
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
I say that a Rags to Riches game is a bit blase. I like the idea in GTA4 about revenge, but I think it would be better served with a larger dose of urgency. I think the object of your vendetta should be revealed early, then you miss the chance to kill them. Then they could spend the rest of the game taunting you and throwing roadblocks your way as they unravel into a paranoid mess when you keep refusing to die. This can be compounded by initially being part of a small group that all want revenge and/or power, but they all eventually turn on you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010   #17
RarDi
Newbie Member

RarDi is on a distinguished roadRarDi is on a distinguished road
I'd love to play as Carl Johnson again!
RarDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #18
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_genius5 View Post
Since we all agree that the rags-to-riches theme overstayed its welcome, I think it's about time we see a protagonist who is relatively rich at the start of the game, but then we see the story behind him getting broke, and as the game progresses he retains his position and name in town. We haven't seen this in GTA before have we?
I never opposed the rags to riches theme. I love it and I want it back. But your idea is awesome. Riches to rags to riches. That's a great idea and I hope that happens.

And about the main character: I... WANT... TO... MAKE... MY... OWN!!!!!!
Give is Create-A-Protagonist. Why that was never implemented is beyond me. I want to be the guy running around in the city and steal cars. I've been living vicariously through Claude, Tommy, CJ, Vince and al the others. Now I want CAP. And I wanna use the same guy online too. I want that! To me, that's more important than any other new feature GTA: Next might bring. It's a good idea and everybody would love it. We're on the next-gen consoles here. He doesn't have to be mute like Claude. They could make it with voice no problem.
RollingStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #19
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
What and have a stupid selection of voices like in Saints Row 2 or just have a mute.

Having your own protagonist would be cool, but it's just not GTA, or at least it isn't to me
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #20
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
I'm still going with the cuban idea for the main character.
Old 09-24-2010   #21
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_Jro View Post
What and have a stupid selection of voices like in Saints Row 2 or just have a mute.

Having your own protagonist would be cool, but it's just not GTA, or at least it isn't to me
They'd find a way to make it good for sure. It's not about a stupid selection of voices. It's about the series expanding on what it is. Claude was supposed to be anyone in GTA3, so why not a step further?
Old 09-24-2010   #22
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
They did take it a step further. They made Tommy a year later, they gave him a voice, and they made arguably the best Grand Theft Auto story to date. While create-a-character would give the game a personal touch, it would be undesired amongst most fans who appreciate the GTA stories as being some of the best in the industry.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010   #23
RollingStones

Ah but Victim: The story could easily evolve in whatever way around you couldn't it? I also love the storylines, but I feel that GTA4 was a bad one. Same went for GTA: LCS, CTW, TBOGT and TLAD. Kindda boring stories there.
Old 12-13-2010   #24
VCMobster86
One Crazy Mofo

VCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
I wouldn't mind a British gangster who is down to the point. And I certainly think a female character would make for some interesting story telling. Riches to rags to riches also seems like a good idea.

Or... A successful office worker gets tangled up in some crap and we remake the getaway.

A British Main Character would be cool.
VCMobster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010   #25
Zelando
Newbie Member

Zelando is on a distinguished roadZelando is on a distinguished roadZelando is on a distinguished roadZelando is on a distinguished roadZelando is on a distinguished road
could be awesome with an badass (Vin Diesel) type of character!

but i don't think that would be possibly, unless Mr. Diesel himself was the actor (just to get money in the buget)
seen too many crap games with Vin.. one for sure is Wheelman..

but still couldn't hurt

Zelando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #26
eltankejorge

eltankejorge is infamous around these partseltankejorge is infamous around these partseltankejorge is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingStones View Post
I never opposed the rags to riches theme. I love it and I want it back. But your idea is awesome. Riches to rags to riches. That's a great idea and I hope that happens.

And about the main character: I... WANT... TO... MAKE... MY... OWN!!!!!!
Give is Create-A-Protagonist. Why that was never implemented is beyond me. I want to be the guy running around in the city and steal cars. I've been living vicariously through Claude, Tommy, CJ, Vince and al the others. Now I want CAP. And I wanna use the same guy online too. I want that! To me, that's more important than any other new feature GTA: Next might bring. It's a good idea and everybody would love it. We're on the next-gen consoles here. He doesn't have to be mute like Claude. They could make it with voice no problem.
Like Havok_Jro said we could get hit with a double edge sword, it could be good but if they don't give a variety of voices and and large dialogue then we could get a SR2 kind of game, but it is better to stay with what is not broken.
Old 01-11-2011   #27
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
I don't see how creating a character and choosing their voice would ruin the game. Sure, the voice might not be a good fit like the past games that have no choice, but I think you'd forget about it pretty quickly. I've never played SR2, so I don't know how good their voice actors are, but GTA always does a good job.

In either case, giving us Create a Character after beating the missions wouldn't be a bad idea. We can already change clothes, although I find it to be annoying and takes way too long, you should be able to cycle through all the clothes in the store/closet without having to wait for the character to walk into the closet and get changed, which is why I never bother with the clothing.
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011   #28
RollingStones

Create-A-Character is a must.
Old 01-12-2011   #29
eltankejorge

eltankejorge is infamous around these partseltankejorge is infamous around these partseltankejorge is infamous around these parts
matt__jon, what do you mean create a character after beating th misions...
Old 01-12-2011   #30
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
A bit to read , ftw
in case you haven't read it.
www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/12/14/pachter-says-gta-v-coming-in-2011-or-2012.aspx

Last edited by FG; 01-12-2011 at 10:31 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote