Old 09-16-2010   #61
mistergex1987
Newbie Member

mistergex1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
well

well,I can say one thing.Niko is speaking Serbian, I know tjis because I;m Serbian.Mail's in game from you mother say Voli te tvoja majka,which means love from your mother.Niko is not a serbian name,but speaking in game is.Only thing is that it;s not a good akcent.
mistergex1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #62
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, Niko is Serbian, and yeah, we've heard from many members living in surrounding countries of that area that Niko dialect is actually quite poor. Same thing with his name and how it's pronounced, the only character in the game who says his name properly is Florian.
Gash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010   #63
EuroDuardo
Let's play some GTA all nite, and party every day

EuroDuardo is on a distinguished roadEuroDuardo is on a distinguished roadEuroDuardo is on a distinguished roadEuroDuardo is on a distinguished roadEuroDuardo is on a distinguished road
damn i haven't been here awhile
it's strange that you're discussing it after almost two years and i'm surprised that someone here knows something about Croatia and Serbia since we are not well known
but Roman said something about his Serbian not being very good
i doubt a Croat would say since many Croats haven't forgiven Serbs for the war(thankfully im not the one) and Roman and Niko are cousins
it would be nice if this discussion could end
Old 01-07-2011   #64
SerdioMandrake
Newbie Member

SerdioMandrake is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah the boy is Serbian he has fought in the Serbian war where the privates killed and raped to the mother of Roman his cousin, he say it but I can´t find remember very well if to Michel (Karen) or to Kate Mcreary in addition his language is Serbian -_-

when you´re gaming try to read all the subs
SerdioMandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011   #65
Twiztid ICP
JRB

Twiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enough
Niko's nationality is never specified in the game, although he speaks and reads Serbian and it is said he is from the Balkans. Niko's nationality has been a subject of some debate: prior to the game being launched, it was believed he was Russian and articles have interpreted the character as being from Croatia or Serbia. In-game, several different nationalities are mentioned by other characters when referring to Niko, including Serbian and Polish. Executive producer Dan Houser spoke on the matter saying that Niko is "from that gray part of broken-down Eastern Europe", suggesting that Niko's nationality was left intentionally vague.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Bellic
Twiztid ICP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #66
nemanjak
Newbie Member

nemanjak is an unknown quantity at this point
Serb

He's a Serbian, proof:Easy Fare Vlad says Roman is a Serbian, and Niko as his cousin, with his mother's name being Serbian NOT Polish, I have to say Niko IS SERBIAN.
nemanjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #67
StefanA7X

StefanA7X is an unknown quantity at this point
Niko is Serbian, and i know, i am from Serbia and everything he says that is not on English is on Serbian... greetings from Serbia \m/
StefanA7X is offline   Reply With Quote