Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010   #76
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
lol that's cool. The cops will be more effective against those thugs too. I don't know if you saw i updated the last post, i tried setting all weapons to 2000 and the rocket launcher to 1. The Thugs all had the same weapons as normal. Anyway, off to bed, check the posts in the a.m.
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #77
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Ran the latest build for 6 1/2 hours no crash. I did note some issues, like the reserve corps still losing men over time. There was 1 left in reserves this morning. But no crash so as soon as I update the rev history I'll package and release.

Updated:

Ok .4 is out. Might have been able to address a couple more issues before I packaged it let me know.

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-22-2010 at 08:59 AM..
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #78
motorsport71

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
Iron, ran 2.1.1.4 for 10 minutes and got the CC script error on the Chaos Settings:

2010-08-22 11:51:54 - ...successfully started script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarSelector'!
2010-08-22 11:51:54 - ...successfully started script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews'!
2010-08-22 12:02:09 - Error during Tick in script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews':
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at NativeInvoke.Invoke<int,int>(SByte* name, Int32 p1)
at Scripting.?A0x8cd79ba1.ClearCharTasks(Int32 )
at GTA.TaskSequence.Perform(Ped TargetPed)
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews.CreateHavok()
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews.HavokTick()
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews._HavokTick(Obj ect sender, EventArgs e)
at GTA.Script.TryTick()
at GTA.Script.DoTick()
at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()
Old 08-22-2010   #79
KombatWombat

KombatWombat is on a distinguished roadKombatWombat is on a distinguished road
I tried what you said motorsport, setting every value except the RPG at 2000. There were still all weapons very regularly.
KombatWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #80
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
@Motor

Well that appears to be another SHDN issue that I can't do anything about without circumventing SHDN, which I may do. From what I've seen HazardX for some reason doesn't like to release new versions of SHDN when only 1 or 2 things are problems, even when those problems are critical in nature and cause failures that can't be gotten around without entirely bypassing SHDN, which defeats the purpose. Not sure precisely why that is and I don't assume what the reasons are. He can make whatever decisions he wants for whatever reasons he wants, whether folks agree with them or not.

He seems a decent fellow and good engineer but waiting to make releases even when serious issues are known to exist is not something I personally do. If a problem exists, and I'm aware of it, and there is something I can do about it, I do so. Period. But we must remember all of us have any number of unknown RL projects and priorities, so assuming he even has time to mess with SHDN is a bad assumption in the 1st place unless you know him personally, which I do not.

Anyway AW has already pushed SHDN into the most stable condition in its history that's for certain so that benefits anyone anywhere right there having a more stable .NEt platform to work with.

I have yet to see that error you keep getting, ever. But I will take a look at raw ScriptHook functions and see if I can create a batch of API calls that do them directly. Then we'd be able to see if you still get that issue.

@Kombat

As noted in the editor and rev history weapon code hasn't been touched in a long, long time as it was low priority. It will eventually get addressed but since things get armed and can rip the city apart it was low priority.

Updated:

Motor I'm going to add a special Debug class and a property to cause an alternate direct task instead of a task sequence to be used. The up side is it should (hopefully) prevent that issue. The down side is the leader will be more stupid at their start because they won't have a set of tasks to follow it will only have an immediate task, but the maintenance code should detect them being retarded outside a car and kick them into gear.

It's better to have them a little stupid up front and no crash than having them be smart all the way into sript aborts right. Since this is considered a critical issue (to me because it's causing an abort for you and possibly others) I will do this and make a release as soon as it's in place. Gimme a few to implement it and test it.

Updated:

This is being tested now and I will shoot you a message when it's ready for you to test.

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-22-2010 at 11:23 AM..
Old 08-22-2010   #81
KombatWombat

Well I figured out the problem. I downloaded a realistic weapons mod a while back and I believe it changed the names of some weapons, so I changed weapons.xml to match the names of the ones in the AWconfig. It's kinda funny playing now because none of the cops have weapons.
Old 08-22-2010   #82
motorsport71

I don't have any special weapons mod in place, i'm running a clean install patched to 1.0.7.0. I'll try reconfiguring using other weapons.
Old 08-22-2010   #83
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

@Motor

Check messages.

@Kombat

Cool. Well I just looked at the weapons code and I know partially why they have no affect. Because it's not using the chance properties for one thing. I'll go in and update it to do so and test it.

Also note it will always try to give crews a suitable driveby weapon and may also affect thugs, so even though they may have some other weapon also they might choose to use one of those instead making it appear they did not get the weapon. I'll spend a few minutes on it finally and see about getting the weapons chance code more updated and working, either in part of whole.

Updated:

@Both

Ok I just tweaked the weapon arming code and the chances now take affect. I set all to 10000 except shotguns and all street thugs had shotguns. I then set that to 10000 as well and rocket launcher to 1 and every street thug had a rocket launcher (that was friggin insane heh).

Note that car crews will always still get suitable weapons for shooting out a window otherwise they would be pointless. The only time they will not get a weapon is if the new NothingButFists or NothingButMelee is True.

Anyway the weapon chances in .5 will be in affect. I'll release it here in a minute.

Updated:

Ok v2.0.1.5 is released with new weapons chances in place again, a new debug class, a new police class and other things. The police class for now is simply to wipe away all LCPD in the city if you so choose.

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-22-2010 at 12:12 PM..
Old 08-22-2010   #84
knightofni
Newbie Member

knightofni is an unknown quantity at this point
Just tried out .4. Pop boost 5, 100 max thugs, 50 per tick, melee weapons only... EVERYONE brawling, cops blowing groups of people away, and carcrews mounting the sidewalk and plowing down everyone. Fantastic. If weapon chances work now, I'll try sprinkling in some guys with shotguns.

This made me think of an option that might make things interesting. I don't know the difficulty of your code, but would it be possible to make the thugs friendly toward each other but enemies to normal peds/cops/player, so they would act as a mob and gang up on police and such? Like:

Thugs Attack Police Only

Thugs Attack Peds and Police

Thugs Attack All Except Thugs

30 thugs bumrushing a squad car would be quite the spectical.
knightofni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010   #85
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Yep weapon chances work. And also I'm damn glad I added the new ClearLCPD option. That is amazingly fun to be in the city ripping itself apart with NO cops anywhere. It's just everyone until themselves. You can mow down people like grass in the yard, let loose with rockets launchers all you care too. Not a single cop, not a single star. Just... bloodbath.

You know that's an interesting idea. It might not be extremely difficult it depends on how the game will react. For one thing all thugs are always Criminals. However I run all thugs through a GetPissed method that makes them hate every living soul in the entire city which is one piece of a number of pieces that makes them go ape shit on everything they see.

I will do a test and see how it is if they only hate say Cops and Emergency Services. After all, if medics are constantly helping the Cops they shoot then they'd get sick of that after awhile.

The only real down side, if it works, is they will not be in chaos with each other or the rest of the city so they will be mostly quiet until a cop or ambulance is within range. But since that is the point of it who cares. I'll test it real quick and see what the city is like.
Old 08-22-2010   #86
knightofni
Newbie Member

Ahh, so they wouldn't target normal civilians? Yeah, that is a downside. If they could be 'pissed' at both you and the police at the same time, that might even it out their activity.

I appreciate the attempt, even if it doesn't work.
Old 08-22-2010   #87
KombatWombat

Okay now that I have it playing like I want it to it crashes every ten minutes or so. I've noticed in the CarCrews log that GC.Collect is consistently the last entry. I don't know why it would crash because it runs GC.Collect about 30 times and then randomly quits responding.
Old 08-22-2010   #88
knightofni
Newbie Member

I don't know if anyone made this suggestion concerning crashes, but turn off clip capture. I can't play with clip capture on, it crashes after about 10 minutes. With it off, everything is flawless.

Edit: Clip capture was also the culprit for the city not rendering (everything except cars/peds invisible)
Old 08-22-2010   #89
KombatWombat

That didn't fix it. It only took two minutes that time, ending with GC.Collect. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 08-22-2010   #90
motorsport71

Iron, v2.0.1.5 errored CarCrews the first time in two minutes on Wars preset. I then set it to Rebellion and reloaded and ran about 22 minutes when i began to see Crew members being dragged under the Sabre vehicle, a two seater. It was the only one for a while and it happened over and over except for one that spawned correctly. At 30 minutes Crew members started dragging behind suvs but i didn't get the error while i played for that half hour with more extreme settings.