Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2010   #46
Mr. Violence
Newbie Member

Mr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished road
@Ironhide
It's working!!!I had .net version 1714 so now with this one it works.AW is the best gta mod out there.It really is.Fantastic work, total chaos=fun gta style.
But why is it creating blips even though I turned them off?

It crashes after like 30 mins and I don't see much of mayhem

Last edited by Mr. Violence; 08-19-2010 at 10:12 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Mr. Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #47
aztecjester
Newbie Member

aztecjester is on a distinguished roadaztecjester is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Did you update using the x86 (not 64) C++ redist for ScriptHook listed in the file? That is the #1 reason for not being able to open the console.

I listed the x64 version for completeness however I need to remove it as I think only the x86 version will actually apply to the core ScriptHook component because I think it's only 32 not 64.

But any way for clarity.

AW relies on SHDN.
SHDN relieas on ScriptHook
ScriptHook relies on core C++ libs and it does indeed need the latest 2010 redist. At-least it did for me, Motor and a number of others so I would start there.

So if you can't open the SHDN console within the game, then SHDN is most likely not running, and that's most likely because ScriptHook failed due to what I said. See if you have a ScriptHook log file.

The redist I speak of is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

The #2 most common issue is probably not having a functioning ASI loader. But the Xliveless I use and point out in the file works very well and it's a single file so it's the simplest to use.

ok! so thanks iron for the suggestion! totally worked. now i can only play with the mod for about 20 minutes before it crashing.
i would give an error log but i dont rightfully know how to do that. i'd love to help out some because this is the best thing EVAR!
aztecjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #48
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecjester View Post
ok! so thanks iron for the suggestion! totally worked. now i can only play with the mod for about 20 minutes before it crashing.
i would give an error log but i dont rightfully know how to do that. i'd love to help out some because this is the best thing EVAR!
Ok great you are in! And yes I will take any and all assistance from everyone to help issolate and debug issues so we can all help make AW as solid as it can be. Its come a long, long way compared to its original 2009 version as far as stability but it has a long way to go to reach a truly stable condition across the board. It is very stable for a lot of people including myself but there are folks that see it have trouble.

The 1st qiestion is what type of crash. Is it a CTD or are you seeing SHDN console errors like aborted script threads? What if any errors are in the SHDN log file? Don't post the entire file just post any error portions you see at the end of the file which will be the last runs.

To turn on AW specific logging you do that from the editor. Each of the cores (Player Assist, Car Crews etc) has a UseFileLog option. If you set that to True it will generate abusrdly detailed code flow tracing of what it's doing. The logs will get HUGe but don't post the entire logs just post the last portsion of logs where any exceptions show up and include some of the statements in the log prior to those exceptions. That way it is more clear what AW was doing when it encountered a problem.

Lastly, there is a known issue where some people including Motorsport71 experience a script thread abort related to warping chars into cars. That is actually an SHDN issue. I have notified HazardX about it and he confirmed the issue and it will be fixed in the next release of SHDN but there is no ETA on when that next release will hit. I've also added a note at the beining of this thread at the top of the 1st page about this as well.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #49
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
Iron, is there anyway to give CarCrews 'a wanted level'? If the police were to more aggressively chase them rather than turn around and yell "Pull the vehicle over now." That would more fun. The police engage the Thugs realistically but kind of loose interest in the CarCrews as they try to slowly turn around.
Here's a hard one for you: BoatCrews.
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #50
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Actually all thugs are wanted by the police that's why the cops go after them. But the issue is, -all- of them are which is why cops will be focused on one and then switch focus again and again, because as another comes by it takes the cops attention away from its current target.

And BoatCrews isn't hard. I've already tested them and they work in Boats too. Biut I have Boats excluded as allowed vehicles until I can specirfically focus on the Water side of things to make sure or discover any potential issues with those.

In fact if you want you can probably go into the excluded models file and remove the boats from it and then they will likely start spawning, maybe. There are certain validations that are in place that might also prevent them from workin on water such as isSwimming or isInWater but not sure you can try and see. Just make sure any boat models that you remark out (dn't delete them just remark them out) they are valid dribable and not a boat type that will crash the game if something tries to use it.
Old 08-20-2010   #51
motorsport71

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
I went into the AW.Models.CarCrewsExclusions.2010 file and removed all the boats except for the dinghy. I went into the water and activated AW but no crews spawned. Oh well. One of your validations must be stopping them. It's not important, it was just a passing thought. It is sick fun to hit the CTRL A and accelerate your boat across the water. I forgot to mention that i have been using that to travel from one end of the map to the other via 'vehicle flight'. I just hit it a few times until i'm airborn, wait until the vehicle is pointed towards the correct island, and slam it again. I've also taken vehicles up so high that i can see the world horizon and the map becomes the size of a quarter. Thats traveling in style!
Old 08-20-2010   #52
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Accelerate is pretty damn useful for all kinds of stuff it seems. I use it all the time while debugging of course, but earlier while I was watching and monitoring street thug behavior, particularly one that had Grenades, traffic had piled up and it finally threw a grenade right at my car. I couldn't move because traffic had jammed me into a building. Wound up CTRL+A 1 second before it detonated and barely escaped with the massive explosiion where I ... was
Old 08-20-2010   #53
motorsport71

Iron, can you set an option in the Config Editor to shut off the dreaded cellphone? I hate that damn thing in the middle of a good battle. Also, have you looked into making the Car Crews driver's aggressive yet?
Old 08-20-2010   #54
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Drivers are aggressive but not while driving. They can not shoot while driving, only passengers can do that. It might be possible to simulate it with constantly grabbing targets and making them shootAt but that would bog like shit not going to do that.

I'll see what phone options there are. I do know the events provided by SHDN to catch numbers being dialed as well as create new number handlers don't work so I won't be surprised if none of them work. But I will also look at the pure native calls and just entirely bypass SHDN and add them to my API class if I find one to put it into sleep mode.
Old 08-21-2010   #55
Mr. Violence
Newbie Member

Mr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished road
@Ironhide

Just a suggestion
it'd be awsome to see police really doin their best to stop thugs(by sending helicopters and noose teams and such).I think that'd really add to the chaos in the city especially when a thug has an rpg and taks down police chopper.
That'd be fun!!!
What do you say?
Mr. Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #56
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

@Mr. Violence

I have a Police core in mind but the problem is coming up with solid way to do it. What AW does is complex. And it's not bug free. The Police core will add a substantial amount of complexity ontop of everything else. But it is something i'm actively chewing on, because it was intended from the begining. The thugs and crews in the city are WAY over the heads of the standard LCPD and it was always invisioned to have swat / stockade / custom color noose help out but I had to reach a stable point before even considering it.

Bottom line on a Police core is I have to get the current cores working as perfectly as possible in long term conditions and that objective is not met yet. It's so damn close but it's not there because of car crews. Mayhem and Street Thugs appear working very, very well over hours and hours. Car Crews... not so much. But I'm now chewing yet another approach with them and if I can get it to work it will be pretty damn cool. Just don't know if I'll be able to pull it off, but for solo cars I'm going to try and build a it so they pick up members off the street or from other cars. We'll see.

@Everyone
By the way I tested the latest version that disabled the use of warp to car which caused some people script thread aborts. The last build posted ran here for 6 hours and was shut down with F9 normally so that issue should be gone and it should be extremely stable. There is a long term issue with car crews but it's not statues and it's getting better and the city was still at war with street thugs and mayhem still working perfectly. This has a LOT to do with the new object policy I outlined in the revision history. Things are getting a lot better

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-21-2010 at 08:19 AM..
Old 08-21-2010   #57
motorsport71

Iron, I started my own kind of stess test on an AW on chaos settings and kind of cheated a little... i disabled the player assist and brought in an ingame trainer. That way i could spawn my own driver and be a passenger in my own car crew. I noticed if i let Niko stand in a stationary location during AW a ton of Thugs will keep spawning but carcrews becomes less active. So i spawned two body guards, a driver, and myself were all in a Patriot. I left the game with my crew driving around and shooting at everybody at 11:00 a.m. when i went to lunch and a movie. I just got back, the game was running for 5 1/2 hours, and Thugs, Mayhem, and CarCrews were still in full swing. I drove a round for a little bit and made sure everything was being GC and spawned correctly. It was.
Your code was bypassing all statue issues. The trainer, however, couldn't. When i got back my crew was stuck in a massive pile of wreckage. I couldn't take control of the vehicle so i spawned a new one, my thugs got in except for the driver who was now stupid, and I spawned a new driver who spawned as a floating statue. THIS STATUE WAS NOT AMBIENT WARS RELATED. SHDN was bound up by this point. I did have two valid functioning guards but that was it. I jumped in a Banshee and took off like a bat out of hell throughout the city but i caught a hickup and the game seized. No SHDN log due to lock up.

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-21-2010 at 03:00 PM..
Old 08-21-2010   #58
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Yeah all that work we put in with me isolating over and over and over and over finally got me to a combined knowledge and realization of how the game itself was operating deep in its guts and why my burst of hunches started to pay off. So all that extremely insane troubleshooting we did at so many levels and on so many different things paid off in the end.

And guess what I'm doing right now... rewriting car crews

heh... there is NO, not, zippo, ziltch, can't be done, did I mention no? chance to be able to create the type of car crews I have in mind by using existing game peds. It's simply not possible for a very large bag of reasons. So I'm now examining plan M that I've had in mind for a little while now and it was going to be used for a new Police core but because the car crews simpy can not be made to do what I want, it is being applied to them first to see if I can make it work.

A ReserveThugs system. I'm going to simulate the way the game itself recycles its own entities across the world, except these will be newly created and owned by AW. There will be 16 in reserves and the system is self maintained so if there are thugs available they get sent out to crews and when it's time for them to go away they get recycled back into the reserves awaiting the next batch of crews to be created and sent out again.

The net affect is a never increasing, never decreasing, reserve core of thugs that self maintain and recycle in and out of the world. And the bonus affects, which is the true point of this, are 2 fold. ( 1 ) they get to use the thug models file again so they are real thugs and not just whatever ped type the game created and ( 2 ) they are never deleted until AW shuts down, so the statue issue should not resurface because they are not being constantly created and deleted which is ultimately (I believe) the #1 cause of statues as the games GC and Recycler breaks as I've described before.

Still have a lot to do to make it all work the way I want, but if this DOES work it's going to be awesome because we'll have true carloads of thugs, day or night, regardless of how many game created peds there are in the world, world-wide
Old 08-21-2010   #59
motorsport71

If this helps, the trainer i used is only inserted into the base directory. It doesn't have any ties into SHDN. It is just an asi and a config file in the root directory. So my question is YOUR code using SHDN didn't create statues. The trainer did and it is just an ASI in the root folder. If it isn't using SHDN then does that possibly mean the original statue problem may stem back all the way to scripthook itself?
Old 08-21-2010   #60
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Nope. Even with the latest hooks I believe the statue issue can be easily reproduced. At-least, that is what I currently think. I'll know better once I have the new system in place with it working as I want and then run it for a few hours and see what's what. If statues appear then it's all out the window and up in the air. If they don't appear then I'm right. I won't know which until I get this to a point where it's working consistently and can run it for a long period to see.