Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010   #31
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
takanuva, it sounds to me like you need to turn your presets back to the way they were and start over. Mine are set where Iron said to set them for Armageddon and i'm getting the correct amount of thugs / carcrews. check the radar on this pic:
http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/a...rent=GTAaw.jpg
You can zoom from the upper left hand corner of the picture.
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010   #32
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by takanuva200 View Post
what i meant was that they didn't get turned into a Car Crew. eg. they drive away like the devil is after 'em, or they are destroyed. I have solved that problem by setting the MaxCarCrewPollRadius up to 200, so now there are Car Crews. But now another bug has arrived and that is the used cars doesn't disappear, my MaxCarCrewRetentionDistance is 300. I was at the other end of the city and they were still driving around like mad. I also have it at armageddon settings as you described earlier.
How do you figure this is a bug ?

You increased the max possible distance a crew can spawn to 200 and then you increased the max retention distance to 300 and you are wondering why they don't disappear? You are assuming they are not disappearing.

I would bet money that instead of your statement, what's actually happening is they are spawning far out in the distance constantly and because you can't see them and all you see are the blips you are thinking they are not being despawned?

This is a support thread and I will do my best to address real problems and questions, but it is also up to you to learn how things actually work and not to just assume something is a bug just because you don't understand it. Know what I mean?
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010   #33
motorsport71

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
Iron, well said. I keep getting a CarCrews script error, but i'm also running high numbers (at least for my machine and it takes a while to error), like 16 CarCrews and 16 Thugs, also 8 Mayhem like you posted before. Had to try it. Even with lower numbers though, not that 12 and 10 are THAT low, the error will pop up but i noticed it is when there just isn't any random Peds around that aren't thugs. In your experience, when the resources get tapped out does GTA itself, even though AW is pushing the Ped count, lower it's Ped spawning?
Old 08-18-2010   #34
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Not to my knowledge. It would continue its general policy of recycling peds and cars around the city, but it might change how it'd doing it or where it's doing it.

Post the script error it should be in the SHDN log file.
Old 08-18-2010   #35
motorsport71

i'm got into a new game and have to get it to error again. Didn't want the old Crews wreaking havok uncontrolled lol.

okay it ran a little over 35 minutes and before the error and here's what SHDN has to say:

2010-08-18 23:10:01 - Error during Tick in script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews':
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at NativeInvoke.Invoke<int,int,int,unsigned int>(SByte* name, Int32 p1, Int32 p2, UInt32 p3)
at Scripting.?A0x5984d89a.WarpCharIntoCarAsPassenger( Int32 , Int32 , UInt32 )
at GTA.Ped.WarpIntoVehicle(Vehicle Vehicle, VehicleSeat Seat)
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCommon.GetCarLoadedUp(V ehicle CarToFill, Single Radius, Int32 MaxToTest, Boolean OnlyIfOutside, Int32 MinDistanceFromPlayer, Boolean SetReqIfGood)
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews.IsValidCrewCar (Vehicle CarToValidate, Int32 MinDistance, Boolean IgnoreDistance, Boolean RequireAtleastOnePassenger)
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews.GetSuitableCar (Vehicle[] Cars, Boolean RequireAtleastOnePassenger)
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews.CreateHavok()
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews.HavokTick()
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews._HavokTick(Obj ect sender, EventArgs e)
at GTA.Script.TryTick()
at GTA.Script.DoTick()
at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()

These were the settings i had in place at the time:

MaxCarCrews: 12
MaxCarCrewsPerTick: 8
Blips Enabled = True

Mayhem = Enabled
Blips Enabled = True
MaxChanceExtraMayhem = 2
MaxMayhemPerTick = 6

Street Thugs = Enabled
Blips Enabled = True
MaxStreetThugCanExist = 12
MaxStreetThugPerTick = 6

No other options changed except Invulnerablity on for Player Assist.

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-18-2010 at 10:33 PM..
Old 08-18-2010   #36
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

For future reference don't post the entire log only the last starting scripts block where the problem occurs.

This is very likely another case where the SHDN Exists method is old data and tells AW the car is still valid when in fact it is not so it tries to warp a member into a null car.
Old 08-18-2010   #37
motorsport71

i noticed that the blown up vehicles still hover a green arrow over them even after Crews jump out or if they are destroyed before a crew can spawn in it. Would that matter or is there an internal check for that? Also would lowering the numbers of MaxCarCrews reduce the chances of the error occuring?
Old 08-18-2010   #38
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

The game decides when it updates, if it does at all, blip colors. The code explicitly sets the color for it in all cases but the game doesn't necessarily visually update it.

MaxCarCrews directly controls how many are allowed to exist in the world so lowering the value should decrease the occurence because it will be creating less per tick since it will reach the max sooner in most cases. The max crews are determined by 2 factors. If the total amount of crew cars < than that value it will create more if it can until it reaches, or, it will do the same if the amount of crew members is MaxCarCrews * 4 to approximate a situation where every car (doesn't happen, but is a decent way to do it) might have a driver and 3 members inside.
Old 08-19-2010   #39
aztecjester
Newbie Member

aztecjester is on a distinguished roadaztecjester is on a distinguished road
might be my fault but...
im having this issue all of a sudden not getting the console to load.
i have tried both the direct app in the GTA folder and the steam
link. neither seem to work and i know i had the original AW working
before... is there something steam does to prevent the mods?
if not i have looked through the troubleshooting file and confirmed that
all of my files are proper and im not using any kind of extreme tweaking
to the mod itself. im just lost!
aztecjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #40
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Did you update using the x86 (not 64) C++ redist for ScriptHook listed in the file? That is the #1 reason for not being able to open the console.

I listed the x64 version for completeness however I need to remove it as I think only the x86 version will actually apply to the core ScriptHook component because I think it's only 32 not 64.

But any way for clarity.

AW relies on SHDN.
SHDN relieas on ScriptHook
ScriptHook relies on core C++ libs and it does indeed need the latest 2010 redist. At-least it did for me, Motor and a number of others so I would start there.

So if you can't open the SHDN console within the game, then SHDN is most likely not running, and that's most likely because ScriptHook failed due to what I said. See if you have a ScriptHook log file.

The redist I speak of is here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

The #2 most common issue is probably not having a functioning ASI loader. But the Xliveless I use and point out in the file works very well and it's a single file so it's the simplest to use.
Old 08-19-2010   #41
takanuva200

takanuva200 is on a distinguished roadtakanuva200 is on a distinguished road
No they are not spawned far out in the distance. They become what you call statues i think, some of 'em are even still driving around, even after I turn AW off, i will post a pic sometime soon too show you what i mean
takanuva200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010   #42
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

If they are still around after turning off AW then you are experiencing a script thread abort and don't know it. Next time that happens check for the SHDN log file and look for an error near the end of it.

And we have been extensively testing it and noone but you has reported statues since the change so go ahead and turn on file logging for CarCrews and the next time it happens post the header from the file (not the entire file), the versions of ScriptHook, ScriptHookDotNet and AmbientWars using properties->details->file version and pics of statues.
Old 08-19-2010   #43
takanuva200

Okey. Haven't seen this before when i look at the scripthookdotnet file: Direct3D device lost!
Old 08-19-2010   #44
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

That happens on a constant basis, especially when tabbing in and out of the game. That is normal. SHDN reaquires the device as required.
Old 08-19-2010   #45
takanuva200

ah okay thanks