Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2010   #30
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
The code I put in place reads in all vectors in the bl;ock into a generic list. It then randomly selects one of the vectors from that list, so if there were only 2 in the list it would be a literal 50% chance 1 over the other. It's all very early and experimental but it seemed worth trying to get it working and iit actually does. It could be refined later with new formatting and logic so vectors within a certain island could be chosen or even to a zone level but there are a billion zones so I doubt that will happen.

Must have forgot a trap. I'll fix it so no entries in the file, or even no file, causes the normal behavior of rampage with no error.

The vector is x,y,z. If yuo set it on a spot on a bridge, that spot is where they will try to go. That's why you can set a spot inside a building like the deli. They'll go right in the door.

Updated:

That error should be fixed now. If the file is not found, or has nothing in it it can parse it will create an empty collection instead of a null and that will be skipped in CreateHavok causing it to use the normal killingspree code immediately. Going to go test unlock island command I'll null the file and confirm the issue is gone.

Updated:

New build posted. That issue should be gone regardless if the file is gone.

Also unlock workd and sure as shit they were hoofing it toward the other side of the island until their time and health triggered a defensive posture so this could be quite fun. The chance is set at 2 for you to test that is not the intended default. It's just set that way to make it happen often to monitor them like I said. The default will likely be a 1 in 6 or 1 i 8 chance of one doing it.

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-14-2010 at 06:50 PM..
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote