Old 06-03-2010   #1
syntax
Newbie Member

syntax is an unknown quantity at this point
bindToIP not working

Greetings,
im renting a server at a hosting provider. I can perfectly join the server via the favorites with the correct ip.
The master server list does not properly show the bindToIp Address.
This is a convo I had with the service provider.

The master server list shows this IP "217.18.70.9:9200" instead of the one the server runs on(wich is 217.18.70.190:9200).
For some reason the wrong IP is anounced.
Greets,
[Name Removed]

Re: version update
Dear [Name Removed]

That would be a bug in VCO, it fails to announce the IP the server is binded to (217.18.70.190)
You'll have to contact their forums, we can't fix this since it's not our product unfortunately.

Regards,
[Name Removed]

Is this a common problem? Is there a hotfix?
Greetings,
Syntax
syntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010   #2
DECEiFER
Craic Head

DECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enough
Hi syntax,

Many apologies for the long delay in replying. The RC1 server browser has had many issues, which have been addressed with hotfix releases. Since you're seeing the Master List, it means your host does have the most updated server hotfix. Though, we have never encountered the issue you seem to be having before, as I have hosted many local servers from a dozen or more IP's (as my ISP does not issue static IP's) and it has been spot on every time.

Perhaps the bindToIP is being bound to the wrong NIC? I did a Reverse DNS on both those IP's (217.18.70.9 and 217.18.70.190) and they both belong to serverffs.com, who is your provider I'm guessing? I can't see how this is a VCO related problem as both those IP's are valid. It's not as if the server browser/master server is getting confused between the two, and it's no coincidence that both the IP's belong to serverFFS. Can you elaborate on what value (IP) you have used with bindToIP? Have you tried the default value?

Code:
--bindToIP()
That is the default value, and it essentially the line is commented out with the "--" in front of it. That means that it will use the default NIC on the server. If you have already used the default value, perhaps get in contact with serverFFS and ask them what you should use. The fact that it's showing on the Master List, only with the wrong IP, suggests the problem is likely not with VCO but with more probably the main.lua server settings you're using or the host themselves.

Hope this helps!

--DECEiFER

Tune in with Winamp!

Also, you can visit/tune in via the website at http://www.algorhythmradio.net
DECEiFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010   #3
syntax
Newbie Member

syntax is an unknown quantity at this point
Dear deceifer,
I appologize for the late reply.
I am having problems with serverffs from the day i started renting the vco server.
I must say i really respect your ways of helping me, you really put effort, something my service provider unfortunately lacks.
My last post to their support department.
And yes, this is the first mail im not acting like a gent, but a mad customer...

Hello,
Im very unsatisfied with the service you offer,
This server is moving for over 3 weeks now and ffs if that aint bad enough you are even mailing me to renew the server becouse it will expire...
On top of that, the updates you apply have not been tested, i know this since the other server im renting has a bad update on wich no one can
connect to.
I feel scammed and abandoned,
I payed for a service that wasnt there.
Dont advertise with stuff your not selling.
greets,

Thank you for your help Deceifer,
greets,
Syntax

Edit: Here is my entire first support ticket, since i really dont care...
http://www.2shared.com/document/8OUM...anel___ve.html

Last edited by syntax; 06-13-2010 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: added support ticket for /care
syntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010   #4
DECEiFER
Craic Head

DECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax View Post
Dear deceifer,
I appologize for the late reply.
I am having problems with serverffs from the day i started renting the vco server.
I must say i really respect your ways of helping me, you really put effort, something my service provider unfortunately lacks.
My last post to their support department.
And yes, this is the first mail im not acting like a gent, but a mad customer...

Hello,
Im very unsatisfied with the service you offer,
This server is moving for over 3 weeks now and ffs if that aint bad enough you are even mailing me to renew the server becouse it will expire...
On top of that, the updates you apply have not been tested, i know this since the other server im renting has a bad update on wich no one can
connect to.
I feel scammed and abandoned,
I payed for a service that wasnt there.
Dont advertise with stuff your not selling.
greets,

Thank you for your help Deceifer,
greets,
Syntax

Edit: Here is my entire first support ticket, since i really dont care...
http://www.2shared.com/document/8OUM...anel___ve.html
What happened since writing that email to ServerFFS? You could try another company, if any are still selling servers. If not, then maybe try hosting a server locally, assuming you have enough bandwidth and a decent PC to host on?

I am very sorry you have to go through this. Regardless of who's at fault, they could at least provide you with more help, and as a last resort, they themselves could contact us for support on the issue. No such contact was made by ServerFFS. You are paying for their services and you shouldn't have to do the legwork yourself. We're not getting paid, they are.

Tune in with Winamp!

Also, you can visit/tune in via the website at http://www.algorhythmradio.net
DECEiFER is offline   Reply With Quote