Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010   #1
jeremy787
Batteries not included!

jeremy787 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking New main character

who do you think would be the character you play as?

since I think that the next gta will be a remake of Vice City, I think it would be cool to play as a Cuban guy but that's my opinion, what do you guys think?
Old 01-13-2010   #2
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
There's never been a female GTA protagonist before, has there? (Besides the characters you could select in GTA1 and GTA London 1969). I really think playing as a Catalina from GTA3 type person would give players the chance to experience a GTA game from an entirely different perspective. Always thought that would be pretty bad-ass. As far as a remake of Vice City, I would love to see it happen, but with an entirely new story line. The Cuban thing has been done twice.
Old 01-26-2010   #3
jim_genius5

jim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished road
Since we all agree that the rags-to-riches theme overstayed its welcome, I think it's about time we see a protagonist who is relatively rich at the start of the game, but then we see the story behind him getting broke, and as the game progresses he retains his position and name in town. We haven't seen this in GTA before have we?
jim_genius5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #4
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
An undercover cop agent. It's not something that'll be revealed until part way through the story, and should be kept a secret in the promotion of the game. Once it is, your character's mission to bring down a particular gang boss will become the driving force of the game, until it turns out that your superior officer is corrupt and is merely using you off the books to wipe out his competition, and once you find that out, he'll erase your history and real credentials, and the character will have to become a criminal for real.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #5
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
bump, yee.

but, I'd like to see a Vice City setting again, but actually give the character some... character. It'd be cool to have a character who is dealing with drug issues, and other life problems.. (can't elaborate atm, tired)
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010   #6
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I wouldn't mind a British gangster who is down to the point. And I certainly think a female character would make for some interesting story telling. Riches to rags to riches also seems like a good idea.

Or... A successful office worker gets tangled up in some crap and we remake the getaway.
Old 03-08-2010   #7
JCMercenary
If you can't wear a spandex jumpsuit...

JCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
You mean another Niko? That was pretty much the point of GTA IV.. to be depressing.
Yeah, I noticed that that was the case once I reached the end. He gets screwed over every way possible...
Also riches-rags-riches is a good idea. Sort of like in Scarface: The World is Yours.

JCMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #8
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Rags to riches isn't a bad scene to revisit. As long as the story and unlockables are worthwhile. If you can gain/acquire cool things to enhance gameplay then it usually always works. Niko's story was depressing, yes. A few minor tweaks here and there and the game would have continued on in popularity as the previous titles did well after intial release.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #9
GTA Mike
Eh?

GTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to behold
Either a Spanish guy or a good English speaking Asian guy
Old 04-09-2010   #10
Reed Tucker
jakob the russian
Newbie Member

Reed Tucker is an unknown quantity at this point
They should have him be rich and enjoying life but they a gang in Vice City attacks his family and he loses a ton of money so he fights for revenge and takes control of the city.
Old 06-04-2010   #11
Tuco_Salamanca

Tuco_Salamanca is an unknown quantity at this point
You should be a russian like Dimitri following a similar man like faustin who is uncontrolable and starts to fuck up and piss off the wrong people putting your life at stake, and needs to be removed so you can take over. Giving you tons of choices to either stick to moral and not betray your friends for all the Riches and perks that come with it and see where you end up or kill them all and become the Russian boss of Vice City.
Tuco_Salamanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010   #12
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
I'd say a 'Caesar' looking cuban in a modern day Vice City. He gets caught up in the wrong crowd for years, and is being sent to jail for life. But his brother is the chief of police in VC, and says he can clear his name if he joins the undercover force. Then at the end, you can choose whether to go back to the life of violence or stay with the police force.
Old 06-08-2010   #13
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
An undercover cop agent. It's not something that'll be revealed until part way through the story, and should be kept a secret in the promotion of the game. Once it is, your character's mission to bring down a particular gang boss will become the driving force of the game, until it turns out that your superior officer is corrupt and is merely using you off the books to wipe out his competition, and once you find that out, he'll erase your history and real credentials, and the character will have to become a criminal for real.
Too much like True Crime: NYC.
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #14
djburgess
Newbie Member

djburgess is an unknown quantity at this point
if there was to be anoter vice city i would like to see a return of Tommy to be honest as he is my favorite GTA character EVER !!

personal opinion also i think a new san andreas is way over due.
djburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010   #15
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by djburgess View Post
if there was to be anoter vice city i would like to see a return of Tommy to be honest as he is my favorite GTA character EVER !!

personal opinion also i think a new san andreas is way over due.
I could see him making a return, and possibly being a mob boss or something, but not as a playable character again. He'll be too old. lol