Old 05-25-2010   #1
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Something odd about...

Don't click if you haven't completed the game...

Jack. When you play as him, there's a total mixture of voices for the character. So far I've heard Jack Marston for the speech, John Marston for horse riding grunts, and random males and my own voice doing various grunts like jumping or hopping over fences... The fact there are multiple voice actors kinda... I dunno. Spoils the moment. Anyone notice this? And what are your feelings overall on playing as Jack?
Old 05-25-2010   #2
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
I don't like playing as Jack.
zeeshan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #3
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
I started a new game again, just because i hate Jack :/
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #4
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
I like Jack.
Old 05-25-2010   #5
Hell Inferno X2
I'm Batman

Hell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enough
I hate that Jack-off.
Hell Inferno X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010   #6
TeaSteezy

TeaSteezy is on a distinguished roadTeaSteezy is on a distinguished road
i dont remember if this thread had a *spoilers on it or not so...
Jack isn't bad at all I like Jack bcuz he's more of a younger cowboy John is old but I miss John I wish you can be either or... also I like young Jack when u get to play as him for 3 seconds in the last mission! I wanna shoot people as that kid lol that'll be so dope!
TeaSteezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #7
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Jack is badass. When he walks away after killing Ross, so fucking cool.

The war was starting in 1914, but Jack Marston's war was ending.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010   #8
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
yeah I noticed that his voice was inconsistent.. plus I don't like his mustache.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #9
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Is older Jack supposed to be just a few years older than younger Jack? That's crazy if so, lol. Testosterone's a bitch, aint it? ;p
Old 05-28-2010   #10
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Based on the newspaper released after the story, I believe it's 1914 (mentioning the "war in Europe") so Jack is only three years older...

Also, I just read on the Rockstar Games news page that in 1911 there were 46 states in the US and the stars on the in game flags reflect this correctly, however in 1912 two more states joined but I doubt the games flags were updated post story.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #11
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Well, Abigail Marston's grave says "1877-1914" and it looks brand new. As well as in-game newspapers confirming that it is three years later.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010   #12
GTA Mike
Eh?

GTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to behold
Lol man this thread kinda ruined the end of the game for me, I put the mouse over the title before clicking on it and I saw somethign about playing as jack...They should fix that so you cant read spoilers through that function...

Anyway, its ok playing as him...Id really prefer marston though, but the ending was great
GTA Mike is offline   Reply With Quote