Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2010   #16
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
I really don't understand how hurting an animal is going too far. If you look at GTA games they allow you to kill hundreds of "innocent" people. Is virtually killing an animal way worse than that? Do people protest Deer Hunter games? I can see not crossing the line of putting children into the game and letting the player kill children, that's a little much but if people are gonna be more concerned about hurting animals than humans, then this world is really fucked up.
Old 04-12-2010   #17
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Tell me about it. Man dies at work, company is fined 10,000. One fish is killed as a direct effect of pollution, the company is fined much more. I can't remember the exact numbers, but I think it goes close to 30,000. And it's true, for some reason, animals can be deemed as more important as humans.
Old 04-12-2010   #18
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
I really don't understand how hurting an animal is going too far. If you look at GTA games they allow you to kill hundreds of "innocent" people. Is virtually killing an animal way worse than that? Do people protest Deer Hunter games? I can see not crossing the line of putting children into the game and letting the player kill children, that's a little much but if people are gonna be more concerned about hurting animals than humans, then this world is really fucked up.
I think the way most that you'll find most PETA-esque people thinking is in terms of equality among species, so that human life is not more important than animal life and vice versa, but that they both should be treated the same and without harm because animals are inferior beings.

Personally I am strongly against animal abuse but not to such an extent that I would deprive myself of a better game experience (or delicious meat).
Old 04-12-2010   #19
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
That was a good read. I agreed with literally everything you said! And somehow i didnt notice until now that there was no army in GTAIV :S Dunno how i skipped past that bit.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #20
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
I think the way most that you'll find most PETA-esque people thinking is in terms of equality among species, so that human life is not more important than animal life and vice versa, but that they both should be treated the same and without harm because animals are inferior beings.

Personally I am strongly against animal abuse but not to such an extent that I would deprive myself of a better game experience (or delicious meat).
Oh I certainly don't condone animal abuse. It just infuriates me when PETA-esque people make a fuss out of certain things that aren't that bad. While some sadistic people would "torture" virtual animals given the chance, they'd also "torture" virtual people.

Sooo yay we agree.
Old 04-12-2010   #21
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
That was a good read. I agreed with literally everything you said! And somehow i didnt notice until now that there was no army in GTAIV :S Dunno how i skipped past that bit.
Thanks Legham, glad you agreed on everything! And yeah, I guess if you don't find your self in 6 star wanted level situations very often, you would neglect to notice the lack of the army.

@liilb, yeah I know what you meant, no worries. Personally I could put all morals aside for anything and feature in GTA all for the sake of a more realistic experience, even including children in the game. Ultimately GTA has the crime part locked down pretty well, but that's only half of what the game really is, so from here, as I have stated in variations a number of times, the concentration needs to be developing a truly real world environment.
Old 04-12-2010   #22
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I thought one of GTA IV's biggest faults was that it didn't reward you for completing a lot of the side missions and even the main missions. You earned money which was useful to a degree, but when we look at III/VC/SA there were a lot more rewards or upgrades to be earned.

Examples: In GTA IV, get all the packages (pidgeons) and you get no reward, same with the uniques jumps or Stevie's car collections. Even completing the story doesn't unlock much beyond the map and safehouses. The one thing you do get is acheivements or trophies but these aren't in game rewards. The most notable in game rewards are the friend perks, but like you said Slim, they aren't that great.

In the III era games it was nice to get weapon pick ups at your safehouses, increased max health/armour. Infinite sprint, fire proof and unique vehicles are more rewards which would have been nice though I realise some of these may not have been suitable for GTA IV.

In The Lost & Damned and The Ballad Of Gay Tony they did start to bring some of this back with weapon pick ups at safe houses and unique vehicles parked at certain locations. Also the ability to get vehicles delivered to you is cool and the ability to expand the list of options to include better vehicles is a nice touch, something small I'd like to see expanded a bit more.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010   #23
lillb
Casual User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
I thought one of GTA IV's biggest faults was that it didn't reward you for completing a lot of the side missions and even the main missions. You earned money which was useful to a degree, but when we look at III/VC/SA there were a lot more rewards or upgrades to be earned.

Examples: In GTA IV, get all the packages (pidgeons) and you get no reward, same with the uniques jumps or Stevie's car collections. Even completing the story doesn't unlock much beyond the map and safehouses. The one thing you do get is acheivements or trophies but these aren't in game rewards. The most notable in game rewards are the friend perks, but like you said Slim, they aren't that great.

In the III era games it was nice to get weapon pick ups at your safehouses, increased max health/armour. Infinite sprint, fire proof and unique vehicles are more rewards which would have been nice though I realise some of these may not have been suitable for GTA IV.

In The Lost & Damned and The Ballad Of Gay Tony they did start to bring some of this back with weapon pick ups at safe houses and unique vehicles parked at certain locations. Also the ability to get vehicles delivered to you is cool and the ability to expand the list of options to include better vehicles is a nice touch, something small I'd like to see expanded a bit more.
Yea I can say i didn't bother with the seagulls or whatever in TLAD and TBOGT because as far as i know there was no rewards for it, I only did it the main game to satisfy the achievement whore in me.
But it was an empty achievement when I still had to memorize armor and weapon locations or go to a gunshop instead of getting that stuff at my safehouse like in past GTAs. Friend perks are a good idea as long as you don't need to wine and dine all your friends to get them and they don't keep calling you. TLAD and TBOGT did the friends alot better and it was cool to have a friend/contact where you could buy guns from or get cars.

One way they could possibly fix the friend perk thing is have a "loyalty" mission (yea kinda like ME2 i guess) where you do something amazing for your friend and then they owe you so they'll help you out with something (guns, cars, get rid of wanted level, etc.)
Old 04-13-2010   #24
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno if you mentioned this, but they actually have already gone a step inthe right direction in terms of adding animals into GTA. The pigeons in IV actually looked like pigeons and when you shot them you got blood and feathers going everywhere.. Not like in VC (or was it SA) where you shot those birds flying and they just disappeared off the sky. Sure the pigeons didn't roam the map, but it's killing animals either way.

Perhaps rockstar were just dipping their toes into the animal bit slowly.. Starting off with an animal that's considered a pest so as to anger as little people as possible.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #25
Paadiex
Newbie Member

Paadiex is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys,

I posted this on GTAForums and thought I'd post it here too, keep the discussion going .

Just thought I'd drop in and mention theres one thing you seemed to miss, which was sorely missed by a sizeable group. That is the countryside from San Andreas. Personally, I don't expect a full state in GTAV/Next, but, I do expect some form of countryside, especially which the development of the countryside/wilderness/general outdoors featured in RDR. Furthermore, I am I correct in thinking that the NJ Meadowlands were to be featured in GTAIV but were removed before release? I remember reading it from some magazine article which I can't for the life of me find. Anyone help me on this?

For all I'd love it be based on London/UK, it really would be gritty grey city (Liberty) followed by gritty grey city (London), which seems highly unlikely. Furthermore, San Andreas was the game prior to IV, and thus it seems too soon to return there. Additionally, I would doubt the state could be repilcated, probably one main city and the surrounding countryside. As mentioned previously, I fully believe the next GTA will focus in a fictionalized Florida, especially as, of the major American culturual icons, how can Disneyworld/Univer Studios et al be forgotten? Though I imagine this would not be the main focus, instead I'd predict that the next GTA is a Miami based city, with the surrounding countryside including a few small towns, the evergaldes and possibly a small parody on Orlando and its theme parks.

Referring to the points you rose, personally I sorely missed the traditional style taxi missions, part of me wanted to play as an NY cab driver haha! I believe/hope that the Fire, Taxi and Ambulance missions will all be brought back albeit in a different form. As for the flamethrower, who knows why it wasn't included? It can't be for the violence caused by burning, as molotov cocktails were included...
Paadiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010   #26
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
I think one of the biggest faults in every GTA game was that each game had a lot of unused, 'dead' space, meaning there were areas that served no purpose other than purely for looks. It would be great if say, more places offered something interesting, a purpose. One example is the wharf/pier in GTA IV. It looked like a big shopping center, but it didnt have any restaurants or shops that Niko could use. Even perhaps the amusement park was a letdown for me. When screenshots of the coaster were introduced, me, like a lot of people, assumed it was rideable or held some gameplay purpose. Maybe on a date, you played a few carnival minigames to win your girlfriend a prize. I like those little gameplay elements in GTA games. GTA IV lacked majorly with that stuff.
Old 08-02-2010   #27
FlyingMoose
Newbie Member

FlyingMoose is an unknown quantity at this point
There are two thing I would like to say.

One, it seems that a lot of people seem to be forgetting about the "Sleeping Mode"-Feature for Nikos phone. If you are annoyed by your friends, turn on that mode and they'll leave you alone until you deactivate the mode again, and you won't even lose any of their fondness.

The other thing is that I'd like to add that San Andreas was full of Myths (Bigfoot, Leatherface, the Wheel Chair, ...). I don't know about you guys, but me and my friends had a blast searching for the serial killer, trying to find Bigfoot, and desperately trying to survive in Area 69 long enough to find some UFO, not to mention the thrills we got when hearing random screaming voices or seeing things in our imagination.

GTA IV on the other hand had way fewer Myths, the most famous ones being Ratman, the Heart of Liberty City (Which is actually an Easteregg, not a Myth), Lola of the River, and the Ghost of Playboy X and the Sprunk Factory.
FlyingMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #28
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
there are a lot of great points people have raised and I agree with most of them and hope to see them in the next GTA. This is hopefully going to be the most epic game ever and I hope it comes out fairly soon(although it probably won't) because I can not wait any longer to play it.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010   #29
Ciuvaz
Steamed

Ciuvaz is on a distinguished roadCiuvaz is on a distinguished road
Awesome thread. I agree with most points and statements.

Either way what I've found disappointing is:

1. APC is destructable by shots/explosions. Do you guys remember rhyno from vice city? If you didnt have a molotov/flamethrower on you, you couldn't destroy it. An endless havoc if you're sitting in one is what you can cause. But in san andreas and gta4 its also destoyable by other things and not only fire ( in gtasa once u get 6 stars, the army comes with tanks and keeps ramming your rhyno until it gets destroyed eventually and the apc in EFLC can be destroyed by simple shots from guns, except that it takes a whole lot of them).

What I would like to see return in the next gta is an (pretty much) indestructable vehicle. Be it a tank or whatever ...

2. The rewards really arent good enough for doing certain sidequests and/or missions. Esspecially when, once you get 100% in EFLC you just get an ammo limit removed, but isnt it useless when the game doesnt save the ammo that you have purchased?

So id like to see a return of infinite ammo, just like in gtasa.

^ I know that this might not return in the next gta due to it being too far from realism lol, but seriously, this game has to have some crazy stuff in it too. Not just be as close to the reality as it can be lol.
Ciuvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #30
VCMobster86
One Crazy Mofo

VCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished road
Very indepth, awesome job