Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: When should the next GTA be set?
The past. (Post which decade!) 23 31.08%
The present. 36 48.65%
At the same time as another GTA. 7 9.46%
The future. 16 21.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2008   #31
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
it was the first city city we ever saw in gta 1, and yeah hopefully the last we see in 4..same goes for them all, theyve all been done at least twice, vice 3 times, andreas twice and liberty city...well about 5, (6 with china town wars)..and it even made a cameo in san andreras. but if they set my idea in liberty city it wouldnt matter as you wouldnt recognise the pace anyway
Old 12-08-2009   #32
stanko

stanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enoughstanko will become famous soon enough
Vice City 80's.
San Andreas 90's.
stanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #33
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanko View Post
Vice City 80's.
San Andreas 90's.
I disagree, I don't mind those locatiosn returning, but damn, at the same time period? No way. I'd love to a Modern Vice City based around the Miami Vice film, only more action packed and less filler shit.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #34
marcus129
GTA IV pwns
Newbie Member

marcus129 can only hope to improve
Modern Day vice city or San Andreas. Or maybe a bit of Old VC or SA combined with GTA III or summing. Guz it's GTA V i shd be special.
marcus129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #35
DIRTYindustry
grittness

DIRTYindustry is an unknown quantity at this point
THE PRESENT

Give or take 5 years. I loved the feel of GTA III & SA, Vice City was great, because of the stuff you could do that you couldnt in GTA III. For me, GTA was all about the gangs. They were great in GTA III, the yardies, diablos, mafia, cartel, triads etc. VC gave you a more involved feeling when you took over diaz's drew. However the only other notable ones were the cubans and hatians, and I think r* went backwards when they made the game based in the 70's. Yes, crime and drugs (a lot of which were just being recognised) were rife in that era, but only because police technology wasnt as advanced as it is today. The same shit still happens today, its just hidden from view, and not pushed into the public eye as it was then.

If you want mafia style 40's and 50's, go play the godfather. Its a good game.

I wouldnt like to see it set in the future... The main reason I like GTA is because its realistic, doing a drive-by on the top floor of a 50 storey building with a crew of robotic lowlifes in a flying mercedes doesnt really appeal to me.
DIRTYindustry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009   #36
chim
Newbie Member

chim is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want a future version of Grand Theft Auto play Crackdown, then again that game sucks.
chim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009   #37
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Vice City set in 2010 would awesome. Then for next GTA after that, it should be in San Andreas at the present time for when that is made.

The future idea is just stupid as GTA isn't that kind of game. Anything before 1960 is getting into Mafia/Godfather territory, I'm not saying they are better than GTA but just that those time periods have been done one too many times for it to be chosen by R*
Old 01-04-2010   #38
duaragan

duaragan is on a distinguished roadduaragan is on a distinguished roadduaragan is on a distinguished road
Idk if its been mentioned before but what about a gta in the modern world that had like a urban area and then you could go to the airport and it wud have like a lil flight video then you end up in an area like vice city or san andreas?
Old 01-04-2010   #39
buccman01
Newbie Member

buccman01 is an unknown quantity at this point
the past,maybe in the 1800s,lol western GTA!
buccman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #40
chrisuk
Newbie Member

chrisuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Present day, in either Vice City or San Andreas.
chrisuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #41
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
San Andreas in the late Sixties, or Vice in the Seventies!
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #42
jim_genius5

jim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished road
I'd like to see a modern Vice City that follows up the events from IV. Sometime in 2010 would be great..

Since most of us were born in the late 80s - early 90s, we don't relate that much to time periods before 80s. The 70s in Driver 4 were like meh, the 30s in Mafia felt too old and the same for the 40s in Godfather. I'm basically saying that R* should stick to the 90s and later, otherwise would be too risky for a Grand Theft Auto game.
jim_genius5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #43
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
I'd also like to see a modern Vice City if R* could pull it off. But, I've never been to Miami personally, so I don't know what the city is like in modern times. Revisiting San Andreas wouldn't be too bad either.
Old 01-07-2010   #44
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar needs to break the mold. If you make a Vice City or San Andreas then by the time the PS4 or whatever is out people will be asking for the same 3 cities. I want something entirely new. How about Detriot? or Chicago? Preferably in the 60's/70's
Old 01-08-2010   #45
chrisuk
Newbie Member

chrisuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Rockstar needs to break the mold. If you make a Vice City or San Andreas then by the time the PS4 or whatever is out people will be asking for the same 3 cities. I want something entirely new. How about Detriot? or Chicago? Preferably in the 60's/70's
I don't think the 60's or 70's would suit the GTA franchise very well, it worked when it was top down but not now.
chrisuk is offline   Reply With Quote