Old 11-27-2009   #1
Shade_M16
Newbie Member

Shade_M16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't get microphone in GTAIV to work

Been having trouble with getting my mic to work in GTAIV Multiplayer. It used to work but suddenly stopped. I know my mic works, it works in Ventrilo and Steam Chats. I have the Microphone "On" in the audio tab the gta menu. The problem is the live. It will not detect my voice on the test. I have my voice volume up and there is only one device to choose from in the "Voice recording devices". Can anyone help?
Shade_M16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #2
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Can you post a screen of the options menu for it?
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009   #3
Shade_M16
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B. View Post
Can you post a screen of the options menu for it?
Sure can. But which options menu are you referring to? The one in game or else where?

I have there here. Please tell me if you need any other screens.

1. This is my mic options on my desktop to prove my mic does work. http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9651/miclz.jpg

2. This is my in-game options on the audio tab showing I do have im-game microphone turned on. http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9936/ingamemic.jpg

3. This is my voice options on windows live. I was blowing into the mic at time i screened the pic. Nothing shows up in the voice test bar, which is what the problem is. http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2474/liveoptions.jpg

Last edited by Shade_M16; 11-27-2009 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 11-28-2009   #4
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you. This is particularly weird. It seems as though GTA is recognizing it, but not putting it through to LIVE. Allow me to look around, and i'll post back soon.
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009   #5
Shade_M16
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B. View Post
Thank you. This is particularly weird. It seems as though GTA is recognizing it, but not putting it through to LIVE. Allow me to look around, and i'll post back soon.
I really appericate your help. I would like to add something else. I was looking around and found a network setting called NAT. I was imformed that if that was set to "strict" or "moderate" then it could be causing a problem with players hearing you on the microphone. But I had checked what mine was and it was set to "Open", which is good. But even still, my mic does not work. Hopefully that narrowed it down further on what the problem could be.

Last edited by Shade_M16; 11-29-2009 at 12:12 PM..
Old 12-03-2009   #6
Shade_M16
Newbie Member

Any help yet?
Old 11-01-2012   #7
Somacruz
Newbie Member

Somacruz is an unknown quantity at this point
Fixed it

I was here not long ago trying to find a solution to this, had the EXACT same problem. If you are running it for complitablity for Win XP SP3, turn that off. Run it without complitablity. That fixed it for me.

Even made an account and everything to post this.
Somacruz is offline   Reply With Quote