Old 11-17-2009   #1
GhostStorm
Gaming News Journalist
Newbie Member

GhostStorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Problem with DOWNLOADED Save Game

I have tried to run a save that I downloaded as I am starting to get stressed on a certain stage, however I put the said file into the default save location and start the game yet it loads from my position that I dont want to be.

So I tried xliveless from here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=388658

Which makes a new saved game folder in my documents but even with the downloaded save in there it starts the game from the very beginning.

The savegames were copied from C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\user_e000044bfb437696

to

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

After I reinstalled the xliveless I have started getting a message saying "load failed check hard drive".....which to me is a good thing as at least they saves are being found as they should but its just not loading them.

I would also like to add that there is a new folder thats appeared here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

it has the folder name user_1000100010001000 with the only file being ControlMap

I am also running vista and have the OLD 1.0.0.4 patch that was released before the 1.0.0.4 thats out now which makes the game go to 1.5 or something. Mine is called GTAIV_MAINTENANCE_UPDATE_1040_EFIGS.

So what am I doing wrong
GhostStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #2
vitamiins

vitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished road
Heh dude, I had the same problem and I tried to put that damned savegame for more than two months and finally I managed to do that.
First of all, you still need that XLiveless, but don't give a damn about My Documents, don't put savegame in there. Just go to:
C:\Users\-user-\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames
and delete that "user_1000..." map, just put there savegames and it should be okay as it was for me.
vitamiins is offline   Reply With Quote