Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2009   #1
jim_genius5

jim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished road
Paris would suck!

Seriously, it better be Vice City! I got no problems with France but the thing is that Grand Theft Auto has always been centered around America (excluding the top-down London GTA ), and I do not want this to change. Anywhere in Europe is just very risky for R* and many fans would despise it.

Even from the very first trailer - the first footage we saw about IV back in 2007 - had this Visit Vice City billboard, not to mention the tons of references to Vice City in the game itself.

Shit guys who wouldn't want to see a revamped Vice City?
jim_genius5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #2
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Yes, i would like to see a 2010-2011 Vice City. And somewhere in that story, Tommy would be re-introduced.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
But then we'd be going down another route "Rockstar are unoriginal" "Rockstar are rehashing old games" "Rockstar haven't done anything new in GTA for ages!".

If we got a Vice City, then we'd get people asking for a revamped San Andreas. And we'd be stuck in the same cycle. As for Paris, look at Driv3r, the Nice levels after Miami were pretty decent, infact the Miami in that game was also damn good.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #4
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
See above. If the same cities are revamped time and time again, we'll get bored. I think most people dispise anything european for the 'driving on the wrong side of the road' factor. I can tell you from a standpoint where I am playing games where you drive on the other side of the road: there isn't a learning curve.
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #5
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
But it wouldn't be the same game. Look at GTA III, then look at GTA: IV. Two totally different games, but set in the same place. Most fans want Vice City, just to get the feel of how it would be with the updated graphics and physics, and overall gameplay, and count me as one of those fans. Personally, i dont know alot about paris but the Eiffel tower, and its rainy, cold weather. VC AKA Miami i know is known for the beaches, girls, sun, money, and fast cars. It depends on R*'s view on the protaginast, whether they straight up have him rich and go broke, then work his way to the top, or start broke and come rich and own VC. Who know's.
Old 11-21-2009   #6
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, it was nice, but the whole rags-to-riches story is so cliché if you ask me. The rags to better rags was a nice idea, and I think Paris would really suit that. Paris (or at least a city based on Paris) is beautiful and also grimey in some places, much like New York but in a different light.

Meh, I'm not really saying a Paris theme should be used, more that I'd welcome the idea of a whole new environment to toy around in
Old 11-21-2009   #7
vitamiins

vitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished road
Why you think that most real two cities for next GTA are Paris and Vice City? I mean, where from such information and clues. Just interesting how and who came up with idea that next GTA could be in Vice. Even ending GTA IV nothing said anything even close connected to Vice City or Europe, just that Packie left for Ireland.
vitamiins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #8
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Tyler if that's all you know about Paris then you're an idiot, also, on your earlier point, no previous characters will be back, DUH DIFFERENT ERA and all that jazz, plus an even stronger point would be that Ray Liotta wouldn't do it again and Tommy without Ray Liotta would just suck and isn't worth it. That'd be like Max Payne without James McCaffrey and we all know how much Rockstar fucked up Max Payne 3.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Personally I wouldn't like the French accent being present throughout the game. Not to mention the stench of cheese! (regardless of the fact that video games do not release odors, just knowing it's there is cringe-worthy)

Dunno I just like GTA in America. No offense to other countries. It just seems best. Not to mention driving on the right side of the road.

And I really like the idea of taking the settings of the old games and revamping them to the new graphical standards (except GTA usually raises the bar). The concept wouldn't work after this generation of gaming, because graphics won't make such giant leaps anymore, so I figure jump on the opportunity. Particularly Vice City, because I loved it, as so many others did as well.
Old 11-21-2009   #10
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
I think the reason GTA fits so well into America is because of the stereotype of America being full of weapons, drugs, gangs, violence, corruption, and so much more. Most other countries don't have quite a bad reputation, making the US the perfect spot for GTA like scenarios.
Old 11-22-2009   #11
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

That, and our stupid sitcoms and 'reality' shows on television. Which, R* in GTA:IV had.
The theme for IV was "The American Dream" An immigrant came to "America" to find happiness and riches. Instead, he came to a rundown apartment, and a cousin whose tales were as fake as the dollar bills he had. I wonder what this plot will hold for us.
Old 11-22-2009   #12
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Dunno I just like GTA in America. No offense to other countries. It just seems best. Not to mention driving on the right side of the road.
There are a whopping two European countries that drive on the left side. France isn't one of them.
ZCAB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #13
vitamiins

vitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished roadvitamiins is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Tyler if that's all you know about Paris then you're an idiot, also, on your earlier point, no previous characters will be back, DUH DIFFERENT ERA and all that jazz, plus an even stronger point would be that Ray Liotta wouldn't do it again and Tommy without Ray Liotta would just suck and isn't worth it. That'd be like Max Payne without James McCaffrey and we all know how much Rockstar fucked up Max Payne 3.
No need to be rude. But yeah, I agree about characters, it's pretty impossible to get them back, most of all because people who care about deeper things like who is voicing main character and so on will wait to get actors who voiced them. And yeah, Tommy without Liotta isn't Tommy, and I would really love that Tommy would come back at least on some cameo.
Thought, I still believe that Rockstar should make Vice City and story should be about how Tommy and Ken dealed with all business after Tommy killed everyone around. And no matter would there be Liotta or no, it's possible to replace him too.
vitamiins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #14
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
See above. If the same cities are revamped time and time again, we'll get bored. I think most people dispise anything european for the 'driving on the wrong side of the road' factor. I can tell you from a standpoint where I am playing games where you drive on the other side of the road: there isn't a learning curve.
That's only UK and and Ireland. The rest of Europe has drivers on the right side of the road.

If we go by the past games, GTAIII in LC in 2001 (arond the time the game came out), and then GTAIV in LC in 2007 (around the time the game came out), then it tells me we're going to get VC in the 80s again.

They should have certain parts of a game in a city in VC, and certain parts in other parts. Kinda like Driver, but I reckon R* will do it better.

For example, we could have VC, and Rome or some other European city. The protagonist could take a plane to Italy to to a business deal or something along the lines of that. You get a couple of days in Italy, then you fly back to VC. Then outside of the storyline, you should be able to take an aeroplane to Rome and back.

Also, if it means that 360 users will need more than one disc, I don't mind. I have a PS3 :p

grimmy is a gay icon

Last edited by oppar; 11-22-2009 at 06:31 AM..
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #15
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

On that subject, you should be allowed to install all the discs, then use just the one disc as the master disc or something (but I dunno if the 360 allows for that).