Old 11-06-2009   #1
stamsammy
Newbie Member

stamsammy is an unknown quantity at this point
So Frustrating- I tried everything (?)

i had the game run on above average settings for a while, but then one of my 2 2gb ram cards stopped working,
so the game became unplayble because of stuttering and missing textures, i used game booster to defrag the game folder and close all background program possible , then it was playable again for like 2 weeks,
then i got my second ram working again, i now have 4gb ram- and the game crashes all the time.
i reinstalled with all the 4 patches- exact same thing.
the game runs fine for about 5 minutes and i get a black screen or the monitor shuts down or i get an error message- of out of video memory please restart (RESC 10 i think)

p.s
the game workd fine for about an half hour last week then i quit it fine.

When it was working i used good settings , like medium at everything and texture quality at high. i also had video capture on.
now i use low at everything, shadow's and video capture off....

i also used driver sweeper to delete nvidia drivers while in safe mode, restared, got new ones...

the ram usage at the game is green, maybe it's a resolution thing?

my specs: 4gb ram
nvidia 9800 GT
realtek alc850

what else can i do ??
thanks.
stamsammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #2
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Im not really able to follow you here.. you mention your "2 (two) 2gb ram cards stopped working" then you defrag the game folder, and closed all background programs, and you were able to play again??? :S How'd you manage to even get the computer running windows let alone BIOS without any RAM inserted/working?

Secondly, you say "the monitor shuts down" well.. turn it back on!

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009   #3
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
You didn't read well enough

His ram failed. Played for a while and when he got a new 2x2 stick his game started crashing again.

After getting his 4GB RAM working again he gets the typical GTAIV error message about lack of Video Memory even on the lowest settings
Old 11-07-2009   #4
stamsammy
Newbie Member

maybe i didn't explain well enough:
i have 2 ram cards
each is 1gb

i got confused haha..
so i plaed with 2gb, then barely played when i had just 1gb ram, now i use 2gb ram and can't play for more then 5 minutes,..

about the monitor- i can't, it's light kinda flickers and i can't do anything- i press it and it turns off, press again and the screen is black and the light flickers again- the same response i get from the screen to the standby mode,,,

thanks for responding.
Old 11-09-2009   #5
stamsammy
Newbie Member

help, someone ?