Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2009   #1
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Welcome to The Next Grand Theft Auto Forum!

With today's release of Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City, featuring The Ballad of Gay Tony, we can safely confirm that Grand Theft Auto IV has come to a conclusion in further development. With that, we're excited to open this new forum dedicated to all news, speculation, and discussion related to the next major title of the GTA series to be released.

PLEASE NOTE: A number of pre-existing topics relative to the next game have already been moved into this forum.
Old 10-29-2009   #2
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Well, it probably won't have a trailer ready until early next year. It's obvious that R* has been working on it. The only real questions are where, when and the who (protagonist).

Last edited by Russ; 10-29-2009 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: horrrible spelling
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Only questions? Oh no, there is so much more. SO much more! The GTA community can come up with any new question!
Old 10-29-2009   #4
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I should have phrased that as "Main" questions. Sorry I am still kind of coming down from a really busy fucking day. I am also still amped to play TBOGT, just got it.
Old 10-29-2009   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Yeah I know what ya meant, just had to point out that fans can never have enough information with GTA!
Old 10-29-2009   #6
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
See that's where me and you differ, i don't want them giving me loads of information of things we can do then pulling it from the game at the last moment

I'd simply rather not know and just be in awe when i get it
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #7
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

The one I definitely want to know is, Location!
Old 10-29-2009   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Always seems to be the first one figured out, at least it was with GTA IV. Trailer clearly revealed Liberty City. Although Niko too was revealed, details about him were unknown until the first preview a couple weeks later.
Old 10-29-2009   #9
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Very true.
I'm just wondering now about this business at the end of TBOGT.
This thing about Packie being in the closing credits going to the airport. Packie in Vice City perhaps? I mean after all this time R* went through the trouble to include an entirely new radio station dedicated to it. I just think Packie could be the new Tommy Vercetti. A Liberty transplant with a very unique personality. He has lost just about everything he cared about in Liberty which would make him a dangerous man in Vice.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder........
Old 10-29-2009   #10
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
Hmm, he'd be an odd character to play as, but I could see it. He definitely had the GTA Protagonist attitude.
Old 10-30-2009   #11
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Yeah he definitely has the "Fuck it!" attitude. Which seems to be character trait at some degree in all the protagonists so far.

.....mmmmmmmmmm watermelon!
Old 10-30-2009   #12
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
I wouldn't really want to play as someone i saw in the series before.
I want someone new, and in a modern day Vice City.
Old 10-30-2009   #13
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

There are so many possibilities. My friends that also play GTA and I are actually discussing these possibilities right now. One thinks that bogus Harbour City shit could be an actual possibility. I call bullshit and send him to fetch me another beer. Really though, it's wide open now. With the new platforms and engine the next title is going to be great.
Old 10-30-2009   #14
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
SLIM. I'm PMing you with some old threads I started that I'd like to get moved here.
Old 10-30-2009   #15
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

All taken care of!

Feel free to bump them if you so desire.